• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why do some muscles get sore and others don't?

dmike03

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone! I tried to search for a answer to this but couldn't really find a specific answer. So I hope this hasn't been asked a 100 times.
When I train, only some muscle groups get sore and others don't. Like yesterday was leg day, and I did my normal routine. 3 sets of squats 3 sets of seated leg press, and 3 sets each of leg extensions, leg curls and calf raises. But today only my calves are sore? My hamstrings and quads are fine. And it happens on upper body too. My chest,back and biceps always get sore but my triceps and shoulders never do.
So is this normal? or the muscles that don't get sore, am I not stressing them enough? I always use a heavy enough weight to keep my reps in the 10-12 range. Anyway does anyone have some advice or anything? Thanks in advance everyone!!

Very normal...at least for me. My quads always hurt when I push a leg day hard. Never happens to any other body part. I always thought it was just a combo of genetics and the larger the amount of muscle worked...the harder the system has to work to repair.

Don't know if this is true or not though.

Yes its normal. Your muscles will adapt to the same workout or if you train the same group too often. Change it up, sets and reps, keep your body guessing.

delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is the combination of micro-trauma to skeletal muscle and the loss of calcium homeostasis in the muscle cell. it's effects are noticeably more acute in some areas but there are no known caused of this. it changes from person to person so one could only assume it has much to do with genetics.

there are so many mysteries when it comes to the human body. scientists can not figure out why muscles will not totally deplete ATP stores in the muscle regardless of the type of length of exercise. what happens is the ATP simply no longer becomes available for use, yet it still remains. my guess is some sort of self-defense mechanism for the fight-flight response.

Thanks guys! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. And for the muscle groups that don't get sore anymore, I will change my workout with those. Just to see if my body has adapted to the exercise. Thanks again for the help!

I think as long as you are going up in reps or weight then stick to it. Like I said my upper body almost never gets doms but I move up in weight and reps and I get bigger.

I think there is a training experience factor too.

My hamstrings used to NEVER get sore, and my quads would be quite often. Now my hammies get sore really often, and my quads not so much.

Back