• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Aaarrghhh!!! I have a cold!

grantus

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This really sucks. I just upped the intensity a notch in my workouts and now I get cold. What would you guys recommend when it comes to working out and having a cold?

Of course most people will just tell me to rest and take it easy, but I can't afford to take time away from the gym. You see, I'm in training right now because I'm getting ready to join up with the military. I'm still uncertain as to when I'll be off to basic training, but for now I'm trying to get in the best shape I can and I don't have that much time to do it.

Is it okay to work out with a cold? Should I just lift moderate weights and not go all out?

Help!

I work out with a cold.. As long as I have no fever it doesn't bother me.. Just have plenty of hankies around.. :)

I've got a cold as well, and it sucks big time. I had to take a week off for injuries, then I got a cold, so it's been two weeks since I've had a GOOD workout.:( :sob:

Originally posted by Prince
Yeah, but then you end up spreading your cold all over the gym! :finger:

Wrongo.. I work out at home...:)

I only spread germs to.... well no one uses the stuff but me... :)

Originally posted by Ginni
Wrongo.. I work out at home...:)

I only spread germs to.... well no one uses the stuff but me... :)

Oh okay, you're all right then! ;)

Working out with a cold is fine. As long as there is no fever and/or congestion in the lungs you are good to go. Drink liquids, take your vitamin C, and up your glutamine and you'll be fine in no time!

Originally posted by gopro
Working out with a cold is fine. As long as there is no fever and/or congestion in the lungs you are good to go.

or body aches, which would typically be a sign that you have the flu not a cold. :)

Originally posted by Mr.Anonymous

or body aches, which would typically be a sign that you have the flu not a cold. :)

Yes, and body aches usually mean fever as well.

or body aches, which would typically be a sign that you have the flu not a cold.

I did not know that sir, perhaps I have the flu instead of a mere cold? Could explain the hershey squirts! Oh well, I gotta workout anyway, I can't take sittin around anymore.:mad:

IML Gear Cream!
No I haven't had any flu symptoms, just a plain ol' cold. There were a few times the other day where I was coughing up a lung during my leg presses but I tried to hold on to it until I finished my set.

I actually feel better when I'm doing my workout, my throat tends to clear up a bit, and so does my nose. But it really sucks.

With all the supplements available for athletes, you'd figure they would have something solid for colds! Anyway.

I have been taking high dose glutamine for years and never get a cold anymore!

I'm just getting over a bad Flu Bug..... nothing usually will stop me from working out.. but man this hit hard.. started Thurdsday.. slow and easy.... Thursday night I was in bed at 9... slept till 7am.. got up and went to work.. felt like crap... came home at 3..then... was in bed and asleep by 8:30pm Fridaynight and stayed there until 8:30am Sunday Morning... and I still don't feel 100% recovered yet.... It was bad... Body aches, Fever, cough.... But just a cold... yeah I'd still work out

Back