• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pre-Contest Fun(k)

P-funk

Patrick
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay, this week will be 12 weeks out form my first ever bodybuilding show. I am really excited and nervous at the same time. The show is June 26, NABBA Natural Empire State bodybuilding championships. I will enter the novice catergorie and maybe do the whole crossover thing into the normal open catergorie, haven't decided. The show has three classes and I will be in the short class (under 5'7") as I stand 5'5". As many who folled my last journal this year know I was bouncing around at 200lbs over the winter months trying to put on size. I started dieting and getting ready a little over a month ago and right now I am about 186lbs at 10% bf. I have a freind that has competed before and is kind of coaching me. I say kind of because he is really busy and has some personal matters that he needs to take care of so he is not around 100% of the time. Which is fine becuase I really enjoy doing things on my own and working hard for myself as I take pride in my strong work ethic. I will appreciate any feedback from some of he competition veterans as well as any comments or suggestions from the general public. I have dieted down many times in the past to low bf levels (5% being my lowest) just for shits and giggles but I have never dieted down with a certain time frame in mind so this should be interesting. LOL. Whatever the outcome I don't care. I am not in this to win, all though it would be nice. I am simply doing this to say that I did it as bodybuilding has been something that I have been interested in for a long time.

Okay, enough rambaling here is my diet:

5g creatine upon waking
300mg ALA

Meal 1
6 whites
4 whole eggs
1c oatmeal

meal 2
8oz chicken
1/2c brown rice
1T flax
1T cider vinegar
veggies
300mg ALA

meal 3 (post workout)
2.5 scoops optimum nutrition whey
5g creatine
2 rice cakes
300mg ALA

meal 4
(same as meal 2)

meal 5
8oz turkey or 1 can of tuna and 1.5T mayo
1/5c brown rice
300mg ALA

meal 6
2.5 scoops whey
2T natural pb

meal 7
2c cottage cheese
1 apple

totals
3465 cals
363g protein
181.5g carb
106.75g fat

My carb up days are on sunday and wedensday (which both happen to be non-training days). I will be eating either pasta or oatmeal on those days.

training split:
mon- chest/abs (core)
tues- quads/calves/forearms
wed- off
thurs- back/abs
fri- delts/traps/abs (core)
sat- hamstrings/arms
sun- off

I am going to do HIIT cardio 2x's per week right now, 20min. a pop. I will try to do it in the AM on an empty tank every mon and friday depending on how early I have clients and if my schedule will allow it. If not it will be performed after my workout.

Okay....here we go:)

thanks Ray....you should come....yan and dennis will be there.

Good luck, P! :D :thumb:

Yea, man. Let me know exactly when and where. It'll be cool to see you on stage! I hate to see Dennis there though... I see his ass all day at work already. Hahaha. :D

hahahaha, I hear that!!!

thanks Mono!

12 Weeks :)

I'm so proud of you Funky, your finally going to do it. :D

thanks.....Hope I don't look like shit. lol

you wont look like shit at all!

GOOO PATTYPOO!!! :dancer: :hot: :bounce: :banana:

lol....pattypoo. I love that

One of my other friends calls me patty-kins. she is really cute too. something about really cute girls coming up with names like this makes me laugh.

IML Gear Cream!
Good luck Patrick :thumb:

You'll do awesome, with your dedication and hard work :)

4/5

AM cardio (empty stomach)
bike sprints- 15min
1min- rest- moderate pedaling- lv. 0
30sec- sprint- lv. 9

PM workout
I thought I would be more tired for this workout because I had been up doing sprints at 5am. I thought I was going to be dragging ass but I put on some crazy punk music in my headphones and went really wild. My strength felt good despite caloric defecit and this being my secong workout of the day. Rest interval was realy low. had a new training partner today, another trainer at the gym who asked if he can workout with me. he loves to ask me a million questins about how to train his clients with all these problems so I made it clear from the start. Questions after the workout, just move you ass and we will be fine! He lifts about as much weight as my sister so my rest interval was as fast I could throw my working weight on the bar and just go. On dumbell flyes I was doing 2 sets to his one because towards the end he was really draging ass. hahahahaha, this guy does so much cardio and loves to make fun of me for not doing it (that is why I decided to move even faster today and really drill him). Funny, I really wasn't even that out of breathe!!

incline bench press
225x8
225x6
235x5

decline dumbell bench press
95x12
100x6
100x5
grab his weight that he was using for 5-6 reps and destroyed it.
65x13 (really fast reps...too easy)

high cable crossover
plate#6x20
plate#7x12
plate#7x12

flat bench dumbell flyes
50x12
60x8
60x8
60x8

decline crunches
bw + 25 x15
bw + 45 x 12 x 3

superset
a) lying knee ins bw x 12 x 3
b) russian twists bw + 25 x 10reps to each side x 3

That's one hardcore workout - good luck man :thumb:

thanks man

Good luck Patrick. If your into funk, check out George Clinton. He is the Funk master!

thanks!

I go the name p-funk from george Clinton and the P-funk all starts. I used to listen to a lot of Funk (seen him live a few times) and I used to hang out with this chick that called me p-funk because of it.

But really...James Brown is the real funnk master!!

LMAO, so does that guy want to train with you again? :lol:

He wont be training with me for awhile. lol

On a side note, because I know Premier is intertested, my CD purchase of the week was just made:

Bruce Hornsby- Greatest Radio hits

It is awsome.

What kind of music is Bruce Hornsby? Sounds old school.

I got GangStarr-Moment of truth. Excellent if you like hip-hop.(real shit, not gay ass radio shit)

I am not into rap that much.

Bruce hornbsby is a singer song writer. really popular in the 80s, kind of like don henly.

Hs most popular song was "the way it is" which 2pac sampled so you may know the chorus to it.

really amazing music.

IML Gear Cream!
Its NOT rap! Well, not the stuff thats like "Shoot this mother fucker, and smoke this weed nigga". Its more freestyle, and chill. DJ Premier is a great mixer!

I will check him out thanks!

Awesome! I'm looking forward to following your progress P! Starting at 10%BF, good for you! I'm happy to get to 10% before comp :)

My purchase this week was:
Smashmouth
Limpbizkit
Godsmack
Lynard Skynyrd
and the Best of Guns N Roses :)

Originally posted by rock4832

My purchase this week was:
Smashmouth
Limpbizkit
Godsmack
Lynard Skynyrd
and the Best of Guns N Roses :)

Wouldnt it be GREAT to be rich like Rock? :eek:

SHit, I didn't know Rock was made of $$$!!!

I wish. Wife wasn't around and I was by myself... :)

:haha: :funny: :funny:

Rock needs wife supervision or he goes outa control! Thats soo damn funny. :)

Originally posted by rock4832
I wish. Wife wasn't around and I was by myself... :)
:thumb:

Originally posted by PreMier
:haha: :funny: :funny:

Rock needs wife supervision or he goes outa control! Thats soo damn funny. :)
She doesn't think so! :) Sorry for the posts P! No more off topic.

I like off topic banter.

Right on. Pretty strong their Mr. Funk.

Back