• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How much to give at a wedding?

Dale Mabry

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I saw this on another non-BB board. So what does everyone generally do. Personally I give $50 to friends and i have never been to a family one. They say you should cover you and your dates plate which in most of the weddings I have been to $50 was plenty and I usually hooked up with a brdiesmaid. I have only been to one wedding that I would say was extremely expensive and there was no way i could have even afforded my own plate there.

I always get a gift, much more fun and personal than plain old money :grin:

I like buying gifts also.

If they are close to me I give $35. :)

If its family we give $50.

If I don't know them well..but I'm still invited.. just $20..

Granted most weddings I go to are VERY Country. ;)
We eat a BBQ plate & drink Cold Beer!:)

Originally posted by Stacey
I like buying gifts also.

If they are close to me I give $35. :)

If its family we give $50.

If I don't know them well..but I'm still invited.. just $20..

Granted most weddings I go to are VERY Country. ;)
We eat a BBQ plate & drink Cold Beer!:)

My kind of wedding!!!

Edit: I usually give $50 if I know the person well. If I dont know them well, I dont go. :D

Depends on who it is.

Last wedding I went to (wife's cousin) we gave them $300. But usually I just give $100.

Newlyweds needs cash, not gifts.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Depends on who it is.

Last wedding I went to (wife's cousin) we gave them $300. But usually I just give $100.

Newlyweds needs cash, not gifts.
Must be east coast thing. I give $100.00 too unless its family. then it ranges up to $500 but would be for my sisters.

Originally posted by Jodi
Must be east coast thing. I give $100.00 too unless its family. then it ranges up to $500 but would be for my sisters.

i think you might be right about it being an east coast thing. i'd say $100 and up.

Yeah, we don't normally "pass the hat" or collect cash at weddings here. It's done privately.

Besides, what bride doesn't want to get all her china pieces???

Not an east coast thing... The weddings that I have been to the bride and groom set up a list at like sears or a similar store. You go there, and view the list of items that they need. once you purchase the item, it is taken off the list.

Depending on how much the item is thats what I spend.

IML Gear Cream!
Don´t let they know that you are aware of their wedding, when the day arrives you show up saying that you didn´t get an invitation and was not able to buy anything since you had no time but you are there because you are such a good friend.

Greek people:

Gifts at bridal shower ONLY

Money at wedding.. pay for your plate.

Originally posted by PreMier
Not an east coast thing... The weddings that I have been to the bride and groom set up a list at like sears or a similar store. You go there, and view the list of items that they need. once you purchase the item, it is taken off the list.

Depending on how much the item is thats what I spend.
It's called a Registry... Bridal Registry... Wedding Registry... Baby Registry...

Ah yes, registry. List/registry.. :p

I recently got out of a wedding which would have stood to cost me close to $1000. I never spent a thing and I am happy.

I was always under the impression that the bride's family paid for the wedding, that was the case in the one I got out of and the one I went to in July.

As if.....When I got married I paid for my own. Cost me over 10K and that was a small wedding :no: I think most people are paying for their own wedding these days.

As far as registries........we only do those for the bridal showers never for the actual wedding. Gifts at the showers and money at the wedding.

Last Wedding $200
Wedding before $300 ( i was the best man)
Normal wedding $150

Originally posted by greekblondechic
Greek people:

My thoughts Exactly

I also agree...they need money....give money!

How much...I think that depends on how close they are to you AND what you personal income is.

I give cash WITH the gift.....

The cost of the plate with an added token of remembrance
for the couple's special day.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by greekblondechic
Greek people:

I think people of every heritage should adopt this rule. :)

I think a better rule is if you can't afford your own wedding, don't have one. :D

Keep in mind this rule is based on the fact that I spent 4 months hearing how my ex-roommate and his girlfriend were gonna get at least $35,000 as their goal, plus her dad paid for the wedding.

$150 for friends

and $300+ for Family depending on who :)

We usually use the registry as most here are moving out on their own and need items to furnish a house ... money is just a bonus. I agree with Jodi, most of the weddings we've been to, including ours, is paid for by the couple, or with some help from both parents. The idea that the bride's parents fork out all that money is crazy. I never understood why that was. If a couple wants to get married, then they should put up most of the cash required. Thsoe that have their parents pay for it are very lucky and a little spoiled.

I give picture frames. More expensive if it's a friend. less if it's just an aquaintance. I agree that newlyweds need cash but that always seems so impersonal. Also, they can use the frames for their wedding pictures so they'll be able to remember the day that much more.

P.S. No, I don't buy big UGLY frames. :p

My Parents paid for my wedding..its a tradition in our family --goes far back..and a lot of people I know. :) Parents are giving you away-they pay..LoL..sucks though. My wedding cost over $25,000.

I did pay for some small stuff..and my hubby paid for the band & beer!:)

Oh and I'm Not a daddys girl... No way. :)

I think its neat to read how everybodys traditions are so different!!:)

$5.00...take it or leave it.

:haha: ... Bo ... youi'll get an invite to our second wedding for sure! :D

Back