• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Brown vs white rice????

E

ectomorph141

IML Gear Cream!
I have been taking all of the advice and info I get here to build an excellent diet to build mass. I was at the store last night and got a little confused when I compared long white rice to long brown rice. Here is what I got from the two:

------------calories-- fiber--carbs----protein
white-------170-------0------38--------4g
brown------160-------1------35--------4g

------------ iron---calcium----thiamin----folate
white-------8%------2%--------15%-------2%
brown------4%------0-----------0-----------0

This was all in one same sive serving. 1/2 cup I think.
I will buy the brown anyway but someone help me understand why brown is better than white. :tard:

White rice is more processed than brown rice. White rice starts out as brown rice however during the milling process the brown layer (the layer containing the fiber, bran, essential oils, etc.) is stripped off leaving only the carbohydrates (white rice).

brown and wild mixed.......................................yummie:yes: :yes: :yes:

As said before white rice is processed...brown is a more natural source. It also has a lower glycemic index and more fiber (not sure why what you purchased only had one gram of fiber...should be more like 5 grams).

quote by Fit Freak: not sure why what you purchased only had one gram of fiber...should be more like 5 grams

Im not sure either. Guess I better get some different rice if it is actually supposed to have 5grams of fiber. I looked all over this site and everyone said Brown but I must have got some crappy stuff. I will check some other stores. I still need to get the flax seed oil. The store was closed last night and meijer only had pills.
thanks for the help again.:)

I agree with you on that one Cornfed....I actuall RARELY eat any kind of rice including brown on a cut....stick more to sweet potato and oatmeal and of course vegies.

Originally posted by Tank316
brown and wild mixed.......................................yummie:yes: :yes: :yes:

Now your talking, Tank! So when do I come over for dinner?!?!?!

brown rice,sweet p,and oat meal but what do you guys put on it?

I put rasisns in my oat meal it's so good no sugar.

Dude...raisins...loaded with sugar....I would never use raisinns unless I was on an extreme bulk plan or maybe to carb load.

Personally...I'm not afraid of aspartame so I add some artificial sweetener. Some people add peanut butter, sugar-free jam, or protein powder. I have also added some pured fruit in the past like a 1/2 cup of blended strawberries or raspberries. It will all depend on what your diet allows but I would still avoid the raisins...just my opinion.

Yeah, raisens are trouble. But they work really great as a carb up. Dried fruit really fills me out and makes my muscles look real dense.

That's the only time I eat raisins....the morning of a bodybuilding show....very little volume but high concentration of carbs.

That's the only time I eat raisins....the morning of a bodybuilding show....very little volume but high concentration of carbs.

Yeah good call. Dried fruit seems to really work well like that. Not only raisens but dried cranberries, pineapple or apricot work really well. Even if you start eating it the night before and then the day of those things really can make you look big.

Back