• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Question about long distance running...

msoper

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This question is in regards to a post I made last week about how to exercise and slim my legs.

I was told longdistance running is the best way to do this but I had a question about the running style. In football we used to run sprints and run on the balls of our feet but...I am not sure of the "correct" way to long distance run.

Do I land on my heel and role to the toe or what?

Sorry if this sounds ignorant but I have never been a runner. Just played football and swam.

Thanks.

Nah, dont run on the balls of your feet in long distance, you'll kill yourself :D

Go heel to toe... roll it nicely and develop a good pace. Thats what long distance is all about.

The only time you ever want to run on the balls of your feet is in all out sprints, your balance is different so you can get away with it.

Sure running will help you out, but is your diet doing well also? Its a nice combination of the two thats best for controling your body.

distance running is all about taking much longer strides, which equates to landing on the heel of your foot and rolling to the toe. I don't know why you want to distance run though. Sprints are a much better way to lose weight and keep ahold of the muscle you have, trust me. Distance running decreases your testosterone levels, as well as raising your cortisol levels in your body so you will be burning away way to much muscle as well as some fat. I used to run cross country and track for 5-6 years and I had NO muscle on my body. Now I do much higher instensity sessions of cardio and that has been much better in terms of losing fat and preserving muscle. read about it and I'm sure you will agree.

Thats true.. you really dont see many people with lots of mass running more than 5k :D

Though I've known a few guys who could bench 400+ and were quite large that ran long distance. Thats not really normal though.

Sprints are good, but shorter higher intensity runs are also good. I'd say less than 20 minutes in high gear would be decent really.

If you're into distance running, maybe you shouldread some of the articles by that dude who reckons protein is gonna kill ya.

Or make your eye balls dry up.

Or your right leg fall of, or something...

=)

I actually was looking to debulk my legmuscles so thanks for the info, guys.

yeah big people dont run distance events. my senior yr in high school I was about 180-190 lbs and under 10#bf I was a sprinter but in one meet I was asked to be the alternate in the 1600. the best I have ever run a 1600 is in the low to mid 6's and I never worked on my pace and I had sprinters spikes. by the 2 lap 800 I was about a 100 back because I decided to be the rabbit or leader or wahtever they call it. I was so humiliated I told my coach I would quit if he ever made me run distance again.

Don't worry about running style

the great Czech Emil Zatopek was said to run "like a man stabbed through the heart" but it didn't affect his ability to win golds at the Olympics.

Just run and run long, you'll naturally find the most economical stride for yourself.

You're body knows what it's doing it doesn't need the head to saddle it up.

(BTW I've run marathons since 1974 and two ultras 50+ miles)

Whats concidered 'long distance' though, if somone was trying to maintain mass. And ran about 2 laps 3 times a week. Would this be too mutch?

IML Gear Cream!
yes that is too much. Try more intense, shorter interval of sprints like 50-100 meter sprints, this will not only help to burn fat in a more productive manner, it will actually help stimulate the fast twitch muscle fibers in your hams and calves so they will grow as well.

Are you sure your legs are all muscle? Distance running tells the body to shed weight, it is non-sensible for a 300 pound man to run a 5 minute mile for 26 miles straight, the body just wont do it (not until I see it).

Back