• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Carb Headaches

eskimo515

King of the Dog Freaks
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
At the instruction of the fine people on this board, I have been on a low carb blast (around 50 active carbs a day, with a load up on the weekends). I've increased my fat totals with nuts and flax. I am happy with the results, but I have been getting these annoying headaches on occasion, especially around my next meal time (I eat every three hours). Besides take an aspirin, any thoughts on how to help them. I am sure I am not alone in this head hurt.

How much water are you drinking and what is you ratios per meal look like?

I take in about 2200 calories per day, with a split of 50%p25%f/ and 25%c (I am 5'9"185lbs). I usually eat more carbs in the AM, since I workout before work and then trail off until later in the day.

As far as water, I think I am pretty good since I kill about 6-8 32oz jugs a day (my job provides great unfiltered water), depending on my workout intensity.

What's weird is that as soon as I eat something, the headache goes away. I was thinking that maybe I am waiting too long between meals. Not sure.

You need a Multi -Mineral. At 8 L of water you deplete all your minerals throughout the day. This is seperate from your multi-vitamin and should be taken towards the end of the day. I use to get headaches as well until I started taking the minerals. :D

Trust me and get the minerals because I don't believe this has anything to do with the carbs. :)

Two questions:
-Am I drinking two much water? I really had to force myself to get to the point of drinking water at all (except while working out where I can't go a minute without drinking water).
-What is the difference bewteen a multi-mineral and a MV?

These are some of the minerals that a Multi-Mineral will replace and you know multi-Vit A,B's,C etc. Your water is fine but you don't need anymore than what your drinking.

Minerals
Calcium
Phosphorus
Iodine
Magnesium
Zinc
Manganese
Potassium

Does this help? :D

It does help. Thanks.

My MV has all of the minerals you mentioned (I use Mega Man by GNC) although I have to say that I probably do not always take it. So I will start with being more consistent with taking it and if that does not help, I will move to an additional supp. Thanks, Jodi.

Get the MultiMinerals in addition to your Multi Vit and take close to bedtime. Within 3-4 days of taking them your headaches will be gone. :D

Originally posted by eskimo515

As far as water, I think I am pretty good since I kill about 6-8 32oz jugs a day (my job provides great unfiltered water), depending on my workout intensity.

Damn!! Looks like the urinal is your best friend.:D

Ditto.....dats a lot of water!

Hey Jodi, if our friend eskimo is taking a quality Multi-Vit., do you think it would be worth a try to split the dosage (assuming that it is two tabs, once a day) to one tab, twice a day? :nana: :shrug:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Rob_NC
Damn!! Looks like the urinal is your best friend.:D
Yes, the urinal has my name on it. I do hit the head quite often (every 45 minutes) and meetings at my job are a pain (they are too long). Sorry, gotta run. Nature's calling!:D

DM - I wouldn't because he should be taking his multi-vitamins in the morning which has some of those minerals in it then take an Iron Free Multi-Mineral at night. :)

Hey Jodi...would taking ZMA accomplish the same thing?

Should you take ZMA and a MV?

You're a sport for answering everyone's questions.

ZMA is only Zinc, Magnesium and B6. In most multi minerals there is alot more than that and even more than what I listed. I just listed the major ones. Even if you don't take a multi-mineral you should at the very least take a multi-vitamins and if you want to add the ZMA it certainly won't hurt. I don't personally don't know how well ZMA works but its suppose to help increase test and help w/o recovery among a few other things. :shrug:

I wouldn't use it in place of a multi-mineral. I suggested the multi-mineral because I believe his headaches are coming from the depletion of his minerals from all the water he drinks and a good Iron Free Multi-Mineral should take care of the headaches. This is something I learned through experience because I use to get major headaches drinking 6-8L of water as well. :)

Originally posted by Jodi
ZMA is only Zinc, Magnesium and B6. In most multi minerals there is alot more than that and even more than what I listed. I just listed the major ones. Even if you don't take a multi-mineral you should at the very least take a multi-vitamins and if you want to add the ZMA it certainly won't hurt. I don't personally don't know how well ZMA works but its suppose to help increase test and help w/o recovery among a few other things. :shrug:

I wouldn't use it in place of a multi-mineral. I suggested the multi-mineral because I believe his headaches are coming from the depletion of his minerals from all the water he drinks and a good Iron Free Multi-Mineral should take care of the headaches. This is something I learned through experience because I use to get major headaches drinking 6-8L of water as well. :)

Thanks! I have been having some headaches that I was attributing to low carbs. I ordered a Multi-Mineral from Netrition w/i an hour of reading your post. Thanks for all of your help.

Killer help, Jodi! Thanks!!!

Back