• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Squats, How Low Do You Go???

Uthinkso

Go on....DO IT!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just did my first set of squats in three years, and outside of feeling like my legs are tree trunks I think I did them pretty good. My weights sucked, and I used a smith machine, but over all I was pretty happy.

I went down until the top of my quads were paralell with the floor. Is this the proper method or should I be going lower?

If you're just starting to squat again you may not have the strength and flexability to go lower, work into it slowly.

I have always squatted below parallel and it does not bother me, however it does some people, so I think it's an individual thing.

don't go too low.

don't let your knees go out past your toes.

your legs shouldn't go below parallel to the ground.

i actually go below parallel.. my knees are fine but it really depends on personal comfort.. go as low as you can comfortably go.. of course 'comfort' and squat don't really go too well together

go to the bottom, just below parellel. that is a real squat. no two ways about it. If you aren't even going to parellel at least then it ain't legit but I say below, ass to the grass.

Squatting is like any other excercise. Full range of motion. the further down you go the greater distance. The greater distance the more work the muscles get and you incorporate other muscles by going lower. the lower you go the more glutes you bring into the picture. This is why the squat is the premo of all movements second or tied with Deadlifts. the important thing is to practice proper form. Go down in a slow controlled fashion and do not bounce at the bottom to get momentum for the return to standing position. Don't let knees go beyond toes keep back straight and chest out. Keep head facing forward or "SLIGHTLY" looking up. And I mean SLIGHT if not at all. Do not BOUNCE or your knees will be part of the wall in front of you.

Great info here guys, thank you very much!:D

Our pleasure Uthinkso.

Back