• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Can't get Traps to grow!

Lightman009

UCSB Student
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, Ive been working out for almost 2 years now and in the beginning my traps were growing perfectly. Now, Id say over the past year or so, I havent been able to get them to grow. I've tried to mix up my back routine, so that I hit my traps with at least 2 exercises once a week, along with my usual back routine. Any suggestions? Or different exercises besides shrugs?

Another thing I think may be the problem is that I have had problems gripping higher weight in order to shrug more. So, Im kinda stuck to shrugging no more then 75 lb dumbells in each hand. Has anyone ever thought that this may be holding them back before?

You could try to do Upright Rows as well as HEAVY Shrugs. Buy some straps for your wrists so you can pack on the weight for Shrugs. If you are doing 75 lbs dumbells you should be able to Shrug 225-250 using a barbell and straps for sets of 5-8 reps. I feel a good trap workout when I use the Hammer Low Row machine too (It will hit your upper back as well)

Good Luck
YM

I dont think my traps are that great and I finish with 125 pound dumbells.

There is no way I can use dumbells really for the base work, I use a barbell or a machine.

Besides going heavy, you can try slow reps and hold at the top and do negatives also. This will require lower weight of course, but you can try it every other trap workout.

switch it up between db and bb.. i was doin db for about 3 month.. just switched to bb and i feel it so much more

I dont much like the dumbells at all, if anything is grip limited for me its dumbell shrugs especially since they slide against your leg adding resistance.

try doing farmer walks after your trap w.o. ...........using straps, grab dumbells as heavy as you can handle, and walk around trying to keep your arms moving as little as possible. i use 80's or 90's and do these after every trap w.o., and my traps are one of my best bp's, this exer. really fries them.

also, you could try doing dumbell shrugs while seated. most people use too much body swinging when doing shrugs, so there bi's, shoulders and even lower back and calves work just as hard as their traps.
arch your back (so you're stable), then shrug away....it isolates your traps......you'll feel the difference.

1-2 sets of upright rows are a nice finisher, I do them slowly to avoid shoulder problems.

Back