• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

importance of fiber for the bodybuilder

flexster

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How important is fiber for the bodybuilder? I bought a balance bar just to see how the thing taste and was looking at the nutrition facts and noticed that it has 22g of carbs but less than 1g of dietary fiber. It go me to thinking if fiber is important for us or not.

Defining Fiber and Its Role
Food fibers are that part of plant foods that are not digested when eaten. Since they are not absorbed into the body, dietary fibers are not a nutrient. Nevertheless, consumers are increasingly interested in the role that dietary fibers play in maintaining the body's health.

Fiber-rich foods help with constipation, hemorrhoids, and diverticular disease. Some types of fiber may have a cholesterol-lowering effect which could lead to reduced risk of heart disease. In addition, fiber may reduce the incidence of certain types of cancer, particularly those associated with the digestive tract, and may be helpful in controlling diabetes.

Soluble and insoluble fibers make up the two basic categories of dietary fiber. Insoluble fibers ??? cellulose, hemicellulose and lignin ??? are not soluble in water. Foods which contain insoluble fibers are wheat bran, whole grain products, and vegetables. Insoluble fibers are responsible for increased stool bulk and help to regulate bowel movements.

Soluble fibers ??? gums, pectins, and mucilages ??? become gummy in water. When eaten, these fiber sources actually slow the passage of food through the digestive system. Some researchers believe this action helps to regulate cholesterol and glucose (sugar) levels in the blood by affecting absorption rates. Food sources of soluble fibers are dried beans, oats, barley and some fruits and vegetables.

http://ianrpubs.unl.edu/foods/nf62.htm

Fiber is great. Keeps me full and satisfied, and adds nice texture to food (ie xanthan gum, guar gum, psyllium husk etc.), adds bulk without calories. I eat truckloads of veggies and fiber in general a day, I estimate I'm around 50-60g of fiber daily...

Peace.

fiber is great

i receive my full dose in the mourning oatmeal before my eggs !!!

It keeps ya regular! :toilet:

Back