• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

how do people normally feel?

chiquita6683

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok i just started to train heavy a few days ago, i want to build some muscle
honestly i just do not feel like ME. im soo lethargic all the time.:eek: do "normal" people feel this way? i think im gonna give my doc acall next week so he can change my meds......im eating more/right i think. its soo hard! i used to eat when i was hungry or id be trying to cut up. i feel bad eating all this good food

I use to get that way to,real lethargic.I found out that most of the problem was doing way to much lifting during my weight sesion.Also another reason i got like that was because of my pre workout meal.I would down a mrp(they had alot of protein but only like 25 grams of carbs.)It wasn't enough carbs to feed my workouts.
So know I don't train till I am exhausted anymore and eat a higher carb pre workout meal.Those things with alot of good night sleeps have helped me feel alot better.Hope this helps you out.:)

how do u know ur lifting 2much weight?
i think im not doing enough like i could keep going. some powerlifter at my gym says i could probly do some more.
if i do X lbs hi reps(12-25) than how much more should i go heavy w? i know it depends on which muscle
:confused:

I mean I was doing to many sets and to many exercises for each bodypart.Basicaly I was overtraining.
You just got to listen to your body.You should not feel exhausted after your workouts.Don't get me wrong,You should be doing your workout with full intensity but don't kill yourself doing it.
Everytime I leave the gym i feel great,Sometimes I feel like I could of worked out longer.But I know that i had a good workout and I am not overtraining.

chiquita are you doing cardio after your weight trainning because if you are your workout looks more like a cardio session. You didnt list how many sets but 25 reps is quite alot. I used to do 4 sets of 15 reps. I think that was to much. I now upped the weight with less reps and have seen some great weight increases thanks to a few people here at ironmag.

Originally posted by chiquita6683
i think im gonna give my doc acall next week so he can change my meds......

Chiquita, if you don't mind me asking what kind of meds are you on and for how long. They may be the cause or one of the factors contributing to your lethargy.

no i said i went heavy recently.........i did 12-25 reps thats hi reps i no, but i was cutting up then.
i think im doing everything, eating more +protein and im trying to figure out the weight. i think its heavy but i can do more.......i guess im stronger than i thought!:thumb:
ah well itsa learning process........ill go really heavy when i get my meds changed;)
no i did do 30mins after once, but i wont anymore.
thanx guys!

IMHO, you don't want to start with what you can "max" with. Work up to it, since you are just starting.

I'm also interested, if you are willing to tell, what meds you may be on. If you would like some of the fine folks on this board to recommend something, they would have to know what possible inhibitors that might be in play.

I agree with Stickboy on this one....those meds can have an influence, especially on how well you rest. I wonder about recovery differences, especially regarding rest - for example, should you try to get more rest when you are on a strength building cycle than on a cutting one? Since the exertion level is different, it has to play on the body's reaction and recovery needs, I would think.

I'm not an expert on body clock functions either, but I wonder if some of the lethargic feeling can also be linked to the time of day you do your workouts, even with a pre-workout meal. Being somewhat older...ok...like middle aged...I know I have to really watch energy levels during different periods of the day.

i started lifting heavy a couple months back and ever since then i have so much damn energy its great, it is also a combination of eating more food but damn sometimes i just yell cause i go so much "go" in me. It's great i wake up sometimes wishing that i could do deadlifts everyday

IML Gear Cream!
Whoa thats good4u! wish i felt that way, my workouts r intense, i feel tired but ok when i leave the gym (rite now)
i want to build more muscle, im gonna go heavier. muscle mass gets your BMR up......or something like that. i forgot what BMR means :confused:
um so yea i have brain damage [got in some car accidents that werent my fault] so this is what drives me to workout, ive gone to therapy and seen the other patients that are so much worse off than i am(like paralyzed n stuff) at least i can take care of my body, so i want to come back (from the accidents) and be the best that i can be.
my meds are messed up i think since i began training intensely, my body chemistry is different. i'm on alot of medicine, but I think the 1s he needs to change are Adderall and Provigil. Adderall's for my attention, and Provigil's to wake me up. By the end of the day, im very tired, quiet ect. Which just isnt like me.
My sister is going to make some dr apts for me on Monday.
Friday I made a total fool of myself at the gym, n theres this really cute guy i want to make a good impression on.:gosh:
i really need2get these meds changed!

Back