• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

50/50

Jill

Back to reality
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Any opinions on a diet 50% carbs, and 50% protein? No added fats except for the min amounts in lean proteins.

terrible. we NEED fats in our diet to nourish the brain, nerves and skin. The have a huge role in every stage of the body???s healing, building, and maintenance processes- cutting out to very low fats is determinal to health.

I agree whole heartedly Jen. EFA's are just as important as protein if not more IMO!

men can't produce testosterone without fat... I'd hate to see what that would do to the little mass I've got...

Is it ok you'r Total Fat calories for the day is greater than total protein calories when you doing very low carb?

I think that would mean too much fat... of course gram for gram, fat has more calories than protein... but you don't want the majority of your calories to be from fat... the majority should be from protein, even on a low carb diet... at least imo....

what if I consume 100-120 grams protein
20-40 grams carbs
How much fat can I consume?

carb and protein = 4 calories per gram... but it's almost impossible to find a food that's all protein... so I would guess with your 100-120g protein you're getting about 1000 calories... I don't know what you're overall calorie goals are, so hard to say... but lets assume your carb intake is about 200-400 calories... and lets assume your goal is weightloss, not mass building... so I'm guessing your intake should be under 2k calories... so probably no more than 30-40g of good fats... keeping saturated fat intake very low and tranfat should be zero... nuts, nut butters, flax, and fish oil should be the majority of your fat intake...

Try and center your meals around including either protein and carbs or protein and fat.... try not to have too many meals with fats and carbs...

My goal is not weight loss..I'm satisfied with my weight 5'3 @ 115 lbs is fair.. My goal is to be very lean and lose @ least 4-5 inches off my waist
I'm just not sure how much calories I should consume from fat/carbs to get to this result and keeping my protein intake 100-120 grams

well... my suggestion is to find a good dietary balance... something like what i listed above... then adjust your activity level to increase fat loss...try to keep things consistent for 2-4 weeks at a time, until you can really get a feel if what you're doing is heading in the direction you want to go... each block of 2-4 weeks, make adjustments until you've learned exactly what causes the desired effects with your body...

On a side note, I've had good success with Lipoderm Ultra... it's about the best product I've tried for spot reduction...

IML Gear Cream!
What is Lipoderm Ultra? spot reduction in waist size?

Sara - how many people have to tell you - You need a Balanced Diet. Why can't you understand this? :rolleyes: You don't need numbers you need to eat healthy.

Jodi- it's hard to move from binging into eating balanced without counting macros

How so? Just the opposite actually. Your asking for more binging by trying to count macros again. Why can't you understand this?

115 lbs and you want to lose 4 or 5 inches off your waist :eek:mg:

Sara, acheiving a lean body is a lifestyle thing not a diet thing. I follow your journal although quietly. I would follow the advice of the people there, and just start concentrating on developing a healthy lifestyle. By being consistent with your eating habits and weight training you will see changes over time.

Don't worry about your weight you are tiny. :)

Start developing a healthy lifestyle and you will see the changes you want. :D

You weigh 115 now and you want to loose 5 inches off your waist? How big is your waist now? The only way IMO to do this is to loose weight.

She doesn't need to lose bodyfat. She needs to build some muscle.

At 115 if you look anything like you looked last year at this bodyweight then your anorexic again and I really don't think you gained that much muscle this year because you were determined to diet.

my arms are 10.5 comparing to 9.5 last year
my waist is 29.5 :(

how 'bout this.....sara, would you be willing to just listen and go with the balance diet we all suggest for a solid 3 months with NO tweaking/changing/adjusting and see how it goes?

there'd be no refeeds, no carb rotation....just consistent solid balanced nutrition that includes protein, carbs and fat.

would you consider it?

nikegurl- I would go with a balanced meal plan, but I need to know the protien/fat/carb ratio and the total cals I need to consume daily and I would go with the balanced meal plan

IML Gear Cream!
:headbang: <~~~some people on listening for a diet. Stop banging you head Sara.

how 'bout we come up with a daily calorie minimum for ya instead of a precise eating plan that gives you exact macro numbers. would that work?

Originally posted by sara
nikegurl- I would go with a balanced meal plan, but I need to know the protien/fat/carb ratio and the total cals I need to consume daily and I would go with the balanced meal plan
Why do you need to know this?? So you won't gain weight? You could actually gain weight and look leaner and better!

nikegurl- this would be great :)

dg806- I need it, so I would feel I'm eating the right amount for better results

I am wondering about this as well. Can't wait to see the figures!

Working with a trainer has really helped me cut my arms...my legs are very stubborn. But my diet needs help. I would like to follow this balance program as well.

hi sara - i really like the idea here but i didn't mean to count macros. i actually figured you should give yourself a daily minimum of calories only so you don't go too low and wind up binging.

how 'bout at least 1610 a day of good healthy food?

Hi nikegurl- I'm not sure if 1610 is too high

If a normal woman needs 1800 to maintain, than 1610 sounds sufficient...

you may be better off going higher sara....so hard to guess but i know you want a number and probably won't rest without one.

i figured 14 calories per pound of your bodyweight since you aren't cutting - but i know you won't want to gain much either.

i was thinking of that as your minimum - not high end. so hard to answer this - it would be better if you would stop counting the numbers and the macros and focus on your health but i thought maybe a compromise of sorts could work....

NG- I have attempted to make the same suggestions. just not count macros, calories and eat healthy whole foods.

Back