• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

cardio while carb depleted?

spike

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ive read that doing cardio before eating in the morning or without any carbs in you you will dip straight into your fat supply sounds good but will this eat away at muscle ? would you advise it/
thanks spike

I am against it. Since, you can easily faint doing it. You burn more fat while you are not doing cardio. :shrug: Remember, you are already in caloric deficit.

ive read that doing it right after weights is good because your muscle glycogen is low already....then spike your insulin right after you cardio..... or whenever you feel like doing it if your trying to cut just stay under maintenance

I've noticed having a scoop of whey and some glutamine before morning cardio gives me the benefits of increased fat burning without the muscle loss. Just make sure you are well hydrated.

I like doing my cardio on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning when I can.

Originally posted by spike
ive read that doing cardio before eating in the morning or without any carbs in you you will dip straight into your fat supply sounds good but will this eat away at muscle ? would you advise it/
thanks spike

The amount of additional fat that will be burned doing cardio on empty stomach is probably not as great as many think. Also, unless you are going to pretty low intensity cardio exercising on an empty stomach may impair your ability to train hard and/or for a long enough period of time to make a difference.

It's always worked very well for me. I try to take some BCAA's before and after as well as HMB and vit C after. Make sure you get a meal in you no later than an hour after though. Everyone has there oppinion try it for your self and see how it goes. It's the only way to now for sure. Good luck.

Originally posted by physicallyelite
The BCAAs are probably why you have seen good results. They will help spare muscle from being used as fuel.

Actually I just started with the BCAA'S this year. In previouse years I havn't.

usually i just do my cardio right before a meal because for some reason for like 1.5 hours after i eat i cant do anything high intensity

Back