• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Meal plan?

insaneresults

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have a workout partner. He's 21, very experienced. I'm 18 and just starting. He's 6'0 and about 200 lbs, trying to get a bit more cut. I'm 6'0 175 lbs, trying to gain mass. Now...hes got me on the same diet as him, telling me it'll burn fat and put on lean mass, however, i've been on it for one week and have already lost 5 pounds :/

Heres the diet:

breakfast- 7 am
1 serving oatmeal (unsweetened)
4 eggs(scrambled with water, cooked in pam)
2 servings fruit
1 scoop protein in 4 oz water
1 multivitamin

9 am

protein shake with 1/2 cup walnuts

11 am

protein shake

lunch

turkey on whole wheat bread (extra meat, lettuce, tomatoes, onions)

2 pm

protein shake

3:30

grilled fish/chicken/or steak (6-8 oz lean)
1 serving vegetables
2 servings long grain rice

dinner-5:30

grilled fish/chicken/steak (6 to 8 oz lean)
unsweetened natural applesauce
baked potato or long grain rice

7:15

protein shake

then usually the rest of the night will consist of maybe one more shake, some cottage cheese and an apple

Apparently this is 400 grams of protein, and very little fat. I'm wondering if I should be upping my carbs/fats. Keep in mind im an ecto with a very fast metabolism trying to bulk up. He's already bulked and trying to slim a bit and get some more cuts. What do you guys suggest

Oh, btw, he has me working out 5 days a week, hitting each body part once a week, and chest twice....I dunno, it seems like a bit much. Can anyone give some advice?

Originally posted by insaneresults
I have a workout partner. He's 21, very experienced. I'm 18 and just starting. He's 6'0 and about 200 lbs, trying to get a bit more cut. I'm 6'0 175 lbs, trying to gain mass. Now...hes got me on the same diet as him, telling me it'll burn fat and put on lean mass, however, i've been on it for one week and have already lost 5 pounds :/

Heres the diet:

breakfast- 7 am
1 serving oatmeal (unsweetened)
4 eggs(scrambled with water, cooked in pam)
2 servings fruit
1 scoop protein in 4 oz water
1 multivitamin

9 am

protein shake with 1/2 cup walnuts

11 am

protein shake

lunch

turkey on whole wheat bread (extra meat, lettuce, tomatoes, onions)

2 pm

protein shake

3:30

grilled fish/chicken/or steak (6-8 oz lean)
1 serving vegetables
2 servings long grain rice

dinner-5:30

grilled fish/chicken/steak (6 to 8 oz lean)
unsweetened natural applesauce
baked potato or long grain rice

7:15

protein shake

then usually the rest of the night will consist of maybe one more shake, some cottage cheese and an apple

Apparently this is 400 grams of protein, and very little fat. I'm wondering if I should be upping my carbs/fats. Keep in mind im an ecto with a very fast metabolism trying to bulk up. He's already bulked and trying to slim a bit and get some more cuts. What do you guys suggest

Oh, btw, he has me working out 5 days a week, hitting each body part once a week, and chest twice....I dunno, it seems like a bit much. Can anyone give some advice?

Too many shakes, not enough real food between 9am and 3:30pm. I would switch up some of those shakes for chicken, tuna...etc. I don't think u need more than 2-3 shakes per day. I personally have 2, one right after workout and one before bed. Some people like to have one in the morning as well, but I just like to have a good breakfast instead. Wait a bit for some diet gurus here to give you specific instructions.

Last edited:
if you have LOST 5 lbs in one week then that is a surefire sign that you need to increase your calories... and if your trying to gain muscle-then why are you trying to cut at the same time? or are you? Id suggest focusing on one goal at a time. if you keep a clean and healthy diet while trying to gain muscle then fat gains are very minimal.

do you know the total calories and macronutrients of this?
if not try www.fitday.com and let us know what it comes out as.
some suggestions:
-I dont see much for healthy fats in your diet except the 1/2c of walnuts... and thats not exactly the best source of EFA's either. Id say cut back to say 1/4c. of those in one serving. add in some other healthy fats sources such as hempseed oil, flax oil, olive oil, fatty fish and fish oil caps, Udo's oil, natural nut butters, avocados, etc.
- you have WAY too many shakes!!! Id suggest MAX 3/day.. 2 is best. IMO its optimal to get the majority of your calories from whole food. how about cottage cheese in there somewheres instead. add some healthy fats too it as well, cant beat that.
- WHEN do you workout? between what meals?? I dont see a balance of carbs there.. you said you were an Ecto- therefore defintly add in more complex low GI carbs to accompany your fast metabolism.. you need those carbs to aid in lean mass gains as well.
- you also dont need 400g protein/day either. minimum 1g/lb bodyweight- up to 1.5g/lb is sufficient enough.
- hmm also why hittng chest 2X week??? why not just train it once intensly..

also watch out when you weigh yourself much of that 5 pounds could be simple water weight, and as atherjen said 400 grams protein is way too much, bumb up the complex carbohydrates, brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc. etc., and as mr. no said less protein shakes and more real whole foods, if you are a really hardgainer then a meat and potatoes type diet will put some beef on ya

Back