• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Just curious what everyone's job(s) are?

Johnnny

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was just curious what everyone's job(s) are?

I work for a computer company doing Photoshop work for them with a buddy of mine. A lot of the time they let me take my work home & I only need to come half a day sometimes as long as the work gets done. They pay us $30/hr & we have free time as we can do our work in the evening if we want & go to the gym in the afternoon.

But I'm think of taking a personal training certification course as I always have friends wanting to train with me, asking me to make them routines, & I get ppl who just started training asking me for diet/training advice. So I figure I might as well get paid for it.

I do clinical research.

I have done the personal training thing and it was not for me. I, like you, have always had people come up and aske me for advice. People always came up to me when the advice was free, but once there was a price on it, fewer came. The ones that were willing to pay the money, were not willing to do the work so i got out of it. I would say I have trained at least 50 pay clients and would say that maybe 5 were willing to put forth the effort needed to achieve their goal.

I'm unemployed, about to graduate.

greekblondechic what are you graduating in?

Dale Mabry what type of clinical research do you do? & you really think that the personal training thing isn't a good idea? I see several trainers men & women with at least 4 clients usually more 4-6 days a week. They must have a way to get clients & keep them.

I'm the Hiring/Training/Sales Manager for Roto-Rooter of Las Vegas. :toilet:

I am in Maternal Fetal Medicine, but I am transferring to pain magnagement/physical therapy at the end of the month to work on a fibromyalgia study.

If you are a good salesman, personal training can be very lucrative. Problem is, you can be one of the most intelligent people when it comes to training and diet and someone who knows nothing can be more succesful at it because they are a better salesmen. Alot of people also get work based solely on the way they look.

IMO, Personal training needs to be regulated alot more and possibly even be a college degree field.

Technical Support for a pharmacy chain. Looking forward to getting out of it. I'm working on my ISSA certification and also considering trying to get in to the Fire Department.

Originally posted by Dale Mabry I am transferring to pain magnagement

That's good because listening to you makes people ill. :barf:

The certification I'm thinking of is CORFIT which is known. Personally I think I have something that would sell. The fact that I used to have a 43inch waist at almost the same body weight as I am now with a 34 inch waist with descent size/power/shape for someone who is completely natural just whey protein, food & training.

I enjoy doing the Photoshop stuff, but never wanted to go into web design as I've been told by ppl that it's a high pressure job & many ppl get burnt out.

Anyone else have a photoshop job?

Var you say you do technical support for a pharmacy chain? I'm assuming it's with the computer?

<~~~ Cost Accounting

#2..........Self employed = Floor care.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Johnnny
Var you say you do technical support for a pharmacy chain? I'm assuming it's with the computer?

We handle everything from script filling to hardware/software support to procedural operations.

Desktop Support for the World's largest producer of fresh fruit and vegetables. And its not Del Monte.

Johnny, I'm getting my BA in Communication.

I write software for a subcontractor to the FAA. :headbang:

""""""Anyone else have a photoshop job?""""""""

Not really. Im a Policeman in a large city but Im also a professional videographer. I use PS fairly much, mostly for titleing and frame export. Im far from being an expert at it but it is a fascinating program. Dont let the experiences of other people stop you from getting into web design. Some people get burned out from anything. Being a cop knocks 10 years off of your life just from the aggravation.

Web disigners make good money and your never lacking in challenges, go for it...........take care.............Rich

Leasing Consultant at an Apartment Community.

I'm a bitch at a welding shop during the week where i get to lift lots of metal. Then on the weekends I'm a grunt at a lumber mill where I get really messy playing with wood :p

i do have my associate degree for education and considering taking the next two years to get my Masters.

I am a student member coordinator for my provinces engineering and geoscience association during the day.

I have my own training business that i do in the evenings and on weekends, boot camps and corporate personal training along with fitness seminars soon :)

Dale...my mother has fibromyalgia...and also attends a chronic pain clinic due to a spinal cord injury (tumor actually). I'm also a nursing student....I'd be very interested in hearing or reading about some of your work!

Degree in Business (Accounting) & NOW...Nursing (RN) student:)

IML Gear Cream!
All very interesting. I notice there's a few computer programmers here. The ppl that are programmers here, do you use C++ I guess?

Fit Freak sorry to hear about your mother. My Mother's been hospitalized for the last 20yrs at 60yrs old with Lupus & osteoporosis caused by the Cortisone as the stupid Doctor didn't give her calcium (a common thing now) 20yrs ago.

irontime what's the welding work force like? I have a buddy who's thinking of taking a welding trade course but not sure about the job market. He originally took a government funded printing/pre-press (graphic stuff to send for print) & has been looking for a printing job for almost 2yrs & had no luck. He's been working several days a week in an office to make money.

Paynne What type of software do you write & what are they designed to do?

Rich46yo I can imagine that being a police officer is very stressful at times. Personally I think I may stick with the Photoshop job I have for now. I'm not an expert in it but I know enough & the pay is pretty descent.

greekblondechic do you have any idea what types of jobs you'd look into with communications? Something at an office I guess?

cappo5150 do you do networking or hardware repair?

Pepper forgive me if I should have, but who are they? & how'd you get that cool job?

Originally posted by Fit Freak
Dale...my mother has fibromyalgia...and also attends a chronic pain clinic due to a spinal cord injury (tumor actually). I'm also a nursing student....I'd be very interested in hearing or reading about some of your work!

Degree in Business (Accounting) & NOW...Nursing (RN) student:)

ACtually, I start in June. The bascs behind the trials I will be getting into is that there is apparently a bed that helps peeps sleep, looks VERY promising.

Originally posted by ALBOB
I'm the Hiring/Training/Sales Manager for Roto-Rooter of Las Vegas. :toilet:

Read: I teach people how to clean shitters in Vegas. :D

I'm a full time student, a police officer in training and I'm a Field Radio Operator in the US Marine Corps Reserve.

I am a airfield Manager in the USAF. Spent 16 years as a flight dispatcher, before moving up into my current slot. (I "own" the airfield, and supervise the dispatch section).

I am a blue jean riveter, I pop those rivets onto your jeans.;)

Actually I am a Photovoltaics Engineer or Solar Applications Technician or whatever they call me, I do computer/network/web stuff on the side.

Stickboy have you ever flown a fighter plane? You should think about getting a job at Area 51. Someone with your Airforce experience would be ideal.

maniclion how'd you get into Photovoltaics Engineer or Solar Applications Technician? Did you learn the computer/network/web stuff on your own? Or did you take courses?

Desktop / Tech support for VP's and Electrical Engineers for both domestic and International offices. My company builds lasers used in semiconductor manufacturing

Back