• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need Support, and Help, and Advice

M.J.H.

Obsessed
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Wow. What a f*cking disaster. I was planning on starting a low-carb ketogenic diet tomorrow. So in my f*cked up head this is my way of convincing myself it would be okay to go on an all out binge tonight, until tomorrow when I was planning on starting the low-carb diet.

Well today I binged like f*cking crazy. On everything sight as usual, pigged out like crazy as usual, felt sick to my stomach as usual, but this time, I made myself vommit. I didn't stick my fingers down my throat or anything like that---but it really really scared me. I only puked a little, but still, scary thing.

Any advice?

Yeah, don't make yourself sick. :no: It's too late. Work hard tomorrow at the gym and eat clean.

Yea don't worry bro it will be fine. So you ate alot today you have the rest of your life to work it off. Just stick to the clean eating and hit the cardio machine a lil more and you'll never even notice it. Every once in a while you just go on a crazy binge but just as long as you get back on to the clean stuff you will be fine.

Just start as you planned to do tomorrow. Just don't eat so much the next time you have a cheat. AND no barfing. If you keep the diet clean, the cheat meals will only help you if you do it in moderation. Cheer up!

never beat yourself over whats been done.

just remember the pain and guilt it caused you, remember that feeling the morning after well, so vividly that youre too scared to binge again.

youre bingin from lack of complex carbs throughout the day.

keep at it man, its tough

many of us have been there, but remember its mind over matter.

Back off the counter, leave the kitchen, take control and stop.

Don't make yourself throw up, as Jodi said it's too late too worry about it, just get angry at yourself for doing it then move on. Try implementing some form of positive punishment such as if you hate doing something like cardio, do cardio if you cheat. If you hate brocoli force yourself to eat it, if you cheat, eventually you won't want to cheat because it will force you to do other things that you don't like. Kinda like running suicides after practice for being late or something like that, sooner or later you'll learn.

I don't think you should go on a ketogenic diet. At all. Don't think you should "punish" yourself with cardio and brussels sprouts, either; it's just as damaging.

That's a harsh thing. If I were you, I'd breathe deeply, try to forget about it, and move on -- to a diet plan which is reasonable, and doesn't restrict anything (such as carbs) too much.

Seriously. Binge/purging is bad fucking news, MonStar, as I'm sure you know. And any kind of heavy restricting is going to aggravate the physical impulse to binge -- at which point, it is no longer about "control" cos you no longer own a working brain.

Hell, I can't even handle a BFL-style "free day" myself. I'm much better off with a really planned cycle if I want to rotate calories and carbs.

Don't dwell on it, though. There is a lot more to this kinda thing than self-control or lack of it. Don't beat yourself up.

Hey MonStar - I'm sure you've heard this plenty of times but the one thing that really helped me nip my strong tendency to binge in the butt was logging EVERYTHING that went into my mouth. I used to do the Body For Life free days and wondered why I wasn't getting anywhere. Well, when I actually logged one of those days, I was floored...and believe me, on that "free day" I could binge with the best of them, ALL 24 hours of that day. Once I logged one of these days though, it just "clicked" in my head that when I'm binging, I'm taking a few steps back each week in my own personal pursuit of a good physique. It really helped me start enjoying "cheats" but in moderation. Put it to the numbers and it will definitely throw things into perspective! I hope this helps and sorry if I rambled, man! Good luck to you!

Thanks a lot for the support guys. To those of you who do not know I keep a day-to-day journal of what I eat and my training in the Online Journals forum.

I honestly really need to get in control of this awful habit before it gets out of control. Which I feel like it is starting to. :(

IML Gear Cream!
hey just think. if you need to bulk you have proved to yourself you can....lol:chomp:

Mike, this issue always seems to arise when you attempt at dieting. more binges come on.. except this time it didnt sound well at all(throwing up).
I think that rather then totally depriving yourself and cutting yourself off of everything it would be best to cut back on the bad foods that you know are holding you back from progress, ie. fast foods, liquer, etc. just convince yourself your going to make healthier choices, not super strict ones that drive you to binges as I have wathced happen to you time and time again.
You really need to ask yourself what it is that you want and how much effort your willing to put into it, if you want it that bad. :)

I dont think Mike purged... I think it was that he ate too much.

Kind of like if you let a dog get into the dog food.. It will eat itself sick.

Dont worry man, do as the others have said, and try and brush it off. Dont dwell on it and get upset at yourself, its not healthy. Just be more careful, I know that you can control it, because you hav been doing so well lately. Keep your head up brother :thumb:

Originally posted by Akateros
I don't think you should go on a ketogenic diet. At all. Don't think you should "punish" yourself with cardio and brussels sprouts, either; it's just as damaging.

That's a harsh thing. If I were you, I'd breathe deeply, try to forget about it, and move on -- to a diet plan which is reasonable, and doesn't restrict anything (such as carbs) too much.
hey i love cardio and the scarier thing is i eat brussel sprouts everyday and love em

Mike, I can totally relate. I think sometimes it's a "cheat" turns into a full fledged binge because it's the all or nothing mentality. There's nothing wrong with having a piece of cake or a drink every ONCE IN A WHILE but if you anything like me, one piece makes you feel like eating the whole f*cking thing. When I use to have a problem with binges I'd always say, "well I already messed up today, might as well go ahead and eat some more." I wasn't hungry, wasn't even really bored, I would actually cancel plans with my friends and plan things around binges. It was out of control. I would then punish myself with extreme cardio sessions and dieting. I can't tell you how I stopped, I really don't know. I just learned that I could still have whatever I wanted, just in moderation. Afterall, Reese Cups aren't going anywhere! LOL!!

I wouldn't reccomend a low carb diet though. They work great for a lot of people but I think by completly eliminating one food group it's going to cause you to want to binge on that food group. Try making small steps, like only allow yourself to drink on Fridays and Saturdays. Then gradually cut it down until your only drinking on special occassions. Alcohol plays a BIG roll in fat loss.

Good Luck hun and if you ever need to talk, you know I'm here!!

WOW man i did that yesterday...well almost, i cooked 1-1.5LB of hamburger and a shit load of spaggetti, it was done at 10:30 and buy 2:00 it was gone, and my little brother only had 1 plate for lunch, think i had 5-6 plates, + i had oatmeal 4 slices of toast and 3 raw eggs for break fast around 7 and 2 pizza buns around 9, 2 more at ten, by the time i was done the spaggetti i thought i was gonna puke, just about did so i layed down and slept for a few woke up and ate a box of KD around 6 a protien shake and 3 raw eggs b4 i went to bed, but i have trouble gaining weight, see i was 176 at around 2or3pm yesterday now 10:30am i weigh 172 and i already ate twice, makes bulking pretty hard, my normal weight is 170-172 so i didnt really gain weight, doubt u will.

Chronic, maybe you're not gaining because you're not eating the right, healthy foods as many times as you should. I mean, if you REALLY wanted to gain weight, you probably could...

atherjen said:
Mike, this issue always seems to arise when you attempt at dieting. more binges come on.. except this time it didnt sound well at all(throwing up).
I think that rather then totally depriving yourself and cutting yourself off of everything it would be best to cut back on the bad foods that you know are holding you back from progress, ie. fast foods, liquer, etc. just convince yourself your going to make healthier choices, not super strict ones that drive you to binges as I have wathced happen to you time and time again.
You really need to ask yourself what it is that you want and how much effort your willing to put into it, if you want it that bad. :)

Listen to the pretty lady, she knows a thing or two. Set more realistic guidelines for yourself. If you are trying to cut, then do it really gradually. Aim to lose 1-2 pounds a month, which won't require that much of a reduction in calories or something like that.

Been there...Now I force myself to eat a can of mixed veggies, and egg, one cup of fat free cottage cheese and a spoon of PB topped with Fiber One before I am free to binge...of course I'm stuffed and can't. Try it.

IML Gear Cream!
That sounds amazing Seabee...good plan. But you still give yourself permission to binge, "before I am free to binge" - Just try to ensure this doesn't happen.

Back