• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training Routine

vik

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've heard a lot of pros giving advice on training routines and I think that some things are specific to each one of us. I mean some exercises would work on some people while others would work on other people. I've just started gym again after a few years and after only a few weeks of track exercises I started with this routine that seems to give me positive results:

Day 1: Shoulder, Calves, Triceps
BB Behind Neck Presses 4sets
DB Bent Lateral Raises 4sets
Alternate DB press 3sets

Calve Raises/Variants 8Sets

Lying Triceps Extension 4sets
Single DB Overhead Press (using both arms) 4sets
Cable Pulldowns 2-3sets

Day 3: Lats, Legs
Lats Pulldowns 4sets
Rowing (Cable or Bar) 4sets
Close Grip Front Pulldowns 3-4sets
One arm DB row 2-3sets

Squat 4sets
Leg Presses 4sets
Leg Extensions 3-4sets

Day 5: Chest, Biceps
Flat Bench Presses 4sets
Incline DB Presses 4sets
Incline Flyes 2-3sets
Dips 2sets

BB Curl 4sets
Alternate DB Curl 4sets
Preacher/Hammer Curls 2-3sets
WristCurls - Standing BB Behind Legs/Variants 6-8Sets

On average I would try to do 8-10 heavy sets per small muscle group like biceps/Triceps etc... while larger ones get hit up to 12-14 really heavy sets. Each muscle is hit after 5 days cycle so which mean that I give it a rest of at least 5 days after hitting it directly again. I also include at least one aerobic session per week. I've started this routine for a month now with my training partner and we both made gains of approximately around 2lbs. Also abs are worked out every now and then if not all the time in this cycle. I would like to welcome any comments or suggestions and would want to know if anyone of you out there would be willing to follow such a routine.

Working back and legs is too much.

Try this split!

Day-1)Quads & Calves
Day-2)Chest & Biceps
Day-3)REST
Day-4)Back & Traps
Day-5)Shoulders & Triceps
Day-6)REST
Day-7)REST

Everything get`s a good rest for the most part.I would also drop one pressing movement for delts as they are redundant and one is enough.Throw in some rear lateral raises instead.

I would also take out close-grip pulldowns and start back work with 4 sets of deadlifts.Throw in 3 sets of Dumbell shrugs to finish the back training.

Good luck dude!!

Yeah I agree with you for the split which I is exactly what I used to do some years back. But unfortunately for me, I can only train for 3 days in a week for the time being. Ok for the DB press which I also think could get my shoulders overtrain. As for the reverse close grip pulldown I feel it has pretty much the same effect as pullovers, so I feel like replacing it with an exercise that would rather hit another segment of the back, shrugs was something I was missing, thanx. I guess taking up gym after a few years rest may leave you confused sometimes. I mentionned "Single DB Overhead Press (using both arms)" I don't see many people doing this but that has been part of my routine and I feel it does quite a good work, anyone has ever tried this in his/her routine?

vik said:
Day 1: Shoulder, Calves, Triceps
BB Behind Neck Presses 4sets
DB Bent Lateral Raises 4sets
Alternate DB press 3sets

Calve Raises/Variants 8Sets

Lying Triceps Extension 4sets
Single DB Overhead Press (using both arms) 4sets
Cable Pulldowns 2-3sets
I would do some reverse flys, or rear lateral raises as tjwes suggested, instead of those last 3 sets of DB press.

Also, you most likely don't need that many sets for triceps. They are already going to get worked from your shoulder lifts. As well, they will be hit again when you do chest. I only do 6 sets for triceps.

Day 3: Lats, Legs
Lats Pulldowns 4sets
Rowing (Cable or Bar) 4sets
Close Grip Front Pulldowns 3-4sets
One arm DB row 2-3sets

Squat 4sets
Leg Presses 4sets
Leg Extensions 3-4sets
Don't do back work and leg work on the same day. As well, I would somehow get deadlifts and bent rows in there for your back. These two major compound movements lead to excellent back development.

I would do a little more for legs. Include some hamstring work in there. Romanian deadlifts and lying leg curls will do the trick.

Day 5: Chest, Biceps
Flat Bench Presses 4sets
Incline DB Presses 4sets
Incline Flyes 2-3sets
Dips 2sets

BB Curl 4sets
Alternate DB Curl 4sets
Preacher/Hammer Curls 2-3sets
WristCurls - Standing BB Behind Legs/Variants 6-8Sets
Looks good, but again you probaly don't need as much bicep work. They will already be getting hammered pretty good on back day. I only do 5 sets for biceps. Everyone is different, so adjust accordingly, but I doubt you need 11 sets.

On average I would try to do 8-10 heavy sets per small muscle group like biceps/Triceps etc... while larger ones get hit up to 12-14 really heavy sets. Each muscle is hit after 5 days cycle so which mean that I give it a rest of at least 5 days after hitting it directly again. I also include at least one aerobic session per week. I've started this routine for a month now with my training partner and we both made gains of approximately around 2lbs. Also abs are worked out every now and then if not all the time in this cycle. I would like to welcome any comments or suggestions and would want to know if anyone of you out there would be willing to follow such a routine.
In time you will learn your body and you will know how much work each muscle requires for growth. That is a decent guideline to start, but don't be afraid to change.

Back