• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

NASTY Marks on traps

zubairkhan14

I AM AN IDIOT!
Banned Member
Reaction score
hanging out with all of the other dumbasses.
IML Gear Cream!
hi guys,

i did legs yesterday which included squat, leg presses calves and stuff and i noticed last night that i had NASTY ASS line marks on my traps... i'll copy paste the 2 pictures i took by they look nastier if you see them... picture doesn't do a good job in showing them... the picture will be in my gallery so please take a look.... IT'S NASTY MAN I NEVER HAD THAT BEFORE

No biggie, Just some burst blood vessels from the weight. It will go away

IainDaniel said:
No biggie, Just some burst blood vessels from the weight. It will go away

:yes: very common too. don't worry 'bout it.

I've got that before if the bar rubs on my chain or wrinkles my shirt just right. I have seen in magazines a device that goes around your shoulders with plastic flaps facing up so the bar is not digging into your traps, I think its sponsored by Dorian Yates. Or there is always the pad you can wrap around the bar.

Also, try resting the bar lower on your shoulders, those marke seem kind of high.

Oh geez man thats nothing, I get that on calf day sometimes as well, worse than that.

I bruise very easily that happens every time something is on my shoulders
(squat machine, calf machine, chicken fights, weird sex acts)
As a side note you will probably also get hickeys very easily, so careful when your cheating on a female...

No prob ;)

IML Gear Cream!
I don't use a pad to squat. IMO it's not stable or safe with weights that could crush you. I had those marks also when I started squatting. They will ease up or all together never come back. Let you body catch up as a whole in regard to squats. When you get all cylinders hitting on time, then you can grow or train as a whole, much safer then if you have a weak sister body part thats endangering you during the squat. But honestly...those marks are not anything to fret over

The pad I use is very dense and thin, the thick pad that is soft slips and once caused me to hurt my wrist because of the slip.

zubairkhan14 said:
mudge are you sure about that bench form... ? that seems like it hits the triceps more than anything...

Ask the guy who is benching 965 pounds if he likes it or not. :lol:

Do you want to lift big or do you want to blow out your shoulders? Its up to you.

I get those marks too from the standing calf raise machine. I hate it. I very seldom do those now because of that reason. Usually takes 3-4 days to go away.

Odds are likely it hits the chest about the same... just lift the weights and youll get results.

how do u blow ur shoulders? majority of the people, even big guys use the "incorrect" form... i'm just wondering, if you use the correct form, can u lift more or less than what you usually do with "incorrect" form

IML Gear Cream!
Hillside said:
I've got that before if the bar rubs on my chain or wrinkles my shirt just right. I have seen in magazines a device that goes around your shoulders with plastic flaps facing up so the bar is not digging into your traps, I think its sponsored by Dorian Yates. Or there is always the pad you can wrap around the bar.

Also, try resting the bar lower on your shoulders, those marke seem kind of high.
Yeah, I believe you're talking about the "Manta Ray" or something like that. It's this blue plastic piece that is super comfortable for squats. I'd love to get one, but the damn thing costs like $80.00 in my area and I'm cheap.

Back