• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

DB Squat

Rykard Maximus

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi Guys,

you've probably read my other threads regarding training at home with dumbbells.

One question I have though is this .

How do I stop a DB squat becoming a deadlift? I tried these the other day and they felt like a deadlift???

Cheers
RM

sounds like your form, you have to keep your head up.when your head is down,you round your back,thats when it feels like a deadlift.depending how much weight you're using,yes you can get them on your shoulders,but it still is all form.:thumb:

Yes...like Tank said keep your head up and also keep your back as straight as possible. I prefer you to hold the dumbells at your sides, but you can try putting them at your shoulders if that helps.

This page appears to be up and running. See if you're following the directions, or see need for improvement.
The lunges are a good idea also. I get too much glute workout in those.... I think. At least that's what hurts the most a couple days later.:)
jc

Last edited:
My guess is your not bending at the knees enough, keep the weight at your sides more and not in front of you.
Its hard for us to tell if we can't see you doing them, follow the links Pemb. gave for proper form.

Another alternative, if your celing is high enough, is to do step ups holding the dumb bells. It takes longer because you're only working one leg at a time, but the motion is very similar to a squat. Takes some practice to maintain proper balance, but give them a try.

If you have a body ball, you can put the body ball between the wall and your back, stand straight, keep your feet under you, and shoulder width apart. Holding the dumbells at your side, do the squats rolling up and down with the ball. This helped me get proper form, and build some very good strength as well.

Originally posted by Rdb2
Sorry I ment dead lift

An exercise that incorporates lower back, quad, butt, hamstring, hip, upper back, and arm strength to lift a weight off the floor and stand up straight with it.

Back