• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My new (cleaner) bulking diet

thajeepster

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im about 5-10 150lbs, work out 4 days a week m/t, off wed, th/f, off sat/sun. I workout for about an hour each day, im in the marines, so i have to do cardio at least 3 mornings a week for around 45 min to an hour. Been around 2300 cals for a while, and am making some gains, but I want to step it up a notch or two.

Breakfast :

1 cup (96g) oat bran
1 cup egg beaters (omelet w/ 1 slice ff cheese, 120g mushrooms, 1 cup spinach)
3 fish oil capsules

415 cals 75g carbs 49g protein 10g fat

Mid Morning/Pre Workout

Homemade protein bar

303 cals 40g carbs 33g protein 10g fat

PWO

shake

322 cals 46g carbs 29g protein 4.5g fat

PWO Meal

Turkey Burger on Ezekial Bun w/ ff mayo
3 fish oil capsules

362 cals 42g carbs 40g protein 7g fat

Dinner

140g Chicken Breast (raw measure)
300g Mixed veggies
75g (dry) Brown Basmati Rice

503 cals 73g carbs 42g protein 4g fat

Snack

Salad
100g chicken breast (raw measure)

195 cals 15g carbs 30g protein 2g fat

Pre Bed Meal

Protein Pudding (1.5 cups cottage cheese blended with 1 package sf jello, and chilled)
1 tbsp natty pb

330 cals 12g carbs 44g protein 11g fat

Totals

2460 cals 301g carbs 267g protein 48g fat

Now most of this is not counting fiber carbs... and the oat bran debate also is screwing up my macros...

So what do you guys think?

It looks good. Very well thought out and planned. Do you ever give yourself a cheat meal while bulking?

on the weekends i usually go out for breakfast and dinner one day a week... not really a cheat meal, i usually order healthy, but I never know how much fats or oils they use.. so technically its a cheat... other than that no i never cheat... the only thing that may change my macros is condiments... mustard and things like that, but its so minimal i dont count it. Is there any problems that my cals per meal are all random? 400 here 300 there 500 here???

Jeepster if everything you eat cooked fresh or do you make i day before and then nuke it?

thajeepster said:
on the weekends i usually go out for breakfast and dinner one day a week... not really a cheat meal, i usually order healthy, but I never know how much fats or oils they use.. so technically its a cheat... other than that no i never cheat... the only thing that may change my macros is condiments... mustard and things like that, but its so minimal i dont count it. Is there any problems that my cals per meal are all random? 400 here 300 there 500 here???
Do not want a cheat meal?

leg_press said:
Jeepster if everything you eat cooked fresh or do you make i day before and then nuke it?

probobly 50/50 i make some things ahead, like rice, but i usually marinate my chicken and cook it same day... i like variety so i usually go with a different flavor each day or so.

Jodi said:
Do not want a cheat meal?

I'd like to minimize fat gain if possible... I dont really need a cheat meal, im pretty content with what i eat already.

:thumbs: That's great then.

As I said, I think your meals look great :)

I agree with Jodie - looks great to me. :thumb:

Only real suggestions I could make (knit picking) -
1. I would consider increasing PWO shake carbs and slightly decrease dinner carbs... Around your workouts is the best time to have higher carb intake - and, at your weight, you can realistically have up to 70-80g PWO (0.5g/pound).

2. With this meal:
thajeepster said:
Snack
Salad
100g chicken breast (raw measure)

195 cals 15g carbs 30g protein 2g fat
Add a little healthy fats (either some more fishies or some nuts) this will help balance this meal a little more and will also help increase your total fat levels - for your weight, when bulking, you want a minimum of 0.3g fats/pound (which is 45g) - and between 0.3g and 0.4g is still considered low. So even if you only added ~5g of fats to this meal (eg: 10g walnuts) then you would still be well with in the low range, but it would just help that little bit more.

But, as I said before, looks great! :)

thanks, i added in an apple to my pwo, and ill knock the rice down to 50g raw measure. How does a few almonds in my salad sound? Today my workout got screwed up so my dinner became my post pwo meal so i had the full 75g, tomorrow Ill go with the new changes.

IML Gear Cream!
thajeepster said:
thanks, i added in an apple to my pwo, and ill knock the rice down to 50g raw measure. How does a few almonds in my salad sound?
Ok - is the apple in your PWO MEAL or SHAKE? It would be OK in the meal... but I would go for something else if you are adding it to the shake.

Almonds in your salad would be great - not as good as walnuts (or flaxmeal) but still good.

well i usually just go with whatever fruit i have on hand, apple, pear, banana, whatever I know bananas are preferable, but are other fruits ok as well? Should I just keep my shake and have an apple with my post pwo meal?

thajeepster said:
well i usually just go with whatever fruit i have on hand, apple, pear, banana, whatever I know bananas are preferable, but are other fruits ok as well?
I would stay away from the fruits such as apples and pears - the fibre content and higher fructose content makes them far less than ideal.

Should I just keep my shake and have an apple with my post pwo meal?
Keep the shake as banana + oats and add some more carbs if you can (eg: skim milk, more oats, ff/sf yoghurt, apple juice/grape juice)....

If not, then add an apple to your PWO meal instead. Not as good, but it will do.

the ff/sf yoghurt sounds like a good idea, also i switched the almonds out with 1 tbsp flaxseeds in my salad, my fat totals are up over 50g now.

wait, i just had a thought... I usually make my own dressing with a mustard/vinegar combo... but what about a good regular dressing with extra virgin olive oil... would that work also, instead of flax seeds/nuts?

Heh those look like cutting numbers and meals! ;)

thajeepster said:
wait, i just had a thought... I usually make my own dressing with a mustard/vinegar combo... but what about a good regular dressing with extra virgin olive oil... would that work also, instead of flax seeds/nuts?
Yup - olive oil would be fine too. :)

Jeepster dude, you ahve to allow yourself one cheat. I would go nuts otherwise. I have to have ice cream once a week and it has to be ben and jerry phish food mmmmm.

leg_press said:
Jeepster dude, you ahve to allow yourself one cheat. I would go nuts otherwise. I have to have ice cream once a week and it has to be ben and jerry phish food mmmmm.

Ive been eating clean for about a year now, and i never cheat, in the beginning i did, but ive gotten used to it, i only crave the foods that I eat everyday... the only thing that gets me is that i get tired of cooking for myself all the time so on the weekends i like to go out for breakfast and dinner, but I always order healthy. i.e. ask for no fat or oil when cooking my EGG WHITE omelet w/ brown rice... lean beef or chicken with some veggies and complex carbs for the dinner meals... etc.

IML Gear Cream!
I think thats why its such a struggle for me to gain weight, If i didnt eat so clean maybe I'd gain at a faster pace, but im just paranoid i guess, or scared. The diet i have now is getting results, and if they are not to my liking, ill step it up again next week.

by the way, I changed my diet for tomorrow to reflect my non workout day, here it is....

Meal 1 same

Meal 2 Much more potent homemade bar, about 430 cals 50g carbs 35g protein and 13g fat

Meal 3 is now 70g (dry) Kamut Pasta, 2 servings frozen veggies, some light pasta sauce, and a homemade turkey patty diced up.

The rest of the day is the same and my numbers end up being pretty much exactly the same. What do you think? Should I actually be eating less without the pwo shake on off days?

in place of the pwo shake, you should have a meal of some sort.

i have a meal about 45 min after the shake

oh alright, good then. BTW , your diet looks really good. :thumb:

thajeepster said:
by the way, I changed my diet for tomorrow to reflect my non workout day, here it is....

Meal 1 same

Meal 2 Much more potent homemade bar, about 430 cals 50g carbs 35g protein and 13g fat

Meal 3 is now 70g (dry) Kamut Pasta, 2 servings frozen veggies, some light pasta sauce, and a homemade turkey patty diced up.

The rest of the day is the same and my numbers end up being pretty much exactly the same. What do you think? Should I actually be eating less without the pwo shake on off days?
This looks fine to me. You are trying to add mass - so don't drop your cals back substantially on non-workout days.

i try to keep everything the same, is that fine?

Back