• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My carb cycling diet

magneto576

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi, could you guys check this out and tell me what you think? I basically tried to follow the TP carb cycling guide as closely as I could, sorry for the long read ;)

Stats: 17 year old male, 168 lbs, mesomorph leaning slightly toward endo.
Goal: I was on HST to gain mass, but had to stop it abruptly for wisdom teeth removal surgery; I've decided that instead of continuing that it would make more sense to cut for the summer. So my goal is to lose fat.

On to the diet:

Goal protein: 170-250g Protein (28-42g per meal)
Goal fat:
30-60g Fat (10-20 from lean protein, fat from fatty protein, 10-20 fat from fish caps)
Actual protein:
184.5g
Actual Fat: 52g

High Carb (Thurday/Sunday)

Meal 1 (breakfast @ 7:40)

Eggs (2 whole eggs, 1 tbsp skim milk, ½ cup egg beaters)

-11g fat

-31g protein

Medium apple

Fiber One (until I???m full)

Meal 2 (lunch @ 12)

1 can tuna

-1.25g fat

-32.5g protein

Medium apple

1 cup broccoli

Brown rice (until I???m full)

Meal 3 (snack @ 3:00)

6 oz turkey

-6g fat

-30g protein

Meal 4 (pre-workout @ 5:30)

3.2 oz chicken breast

-3.3g fat

-28.5g protein

Medium apple

1 cup broccoli

Brown rice (not too much, since its pre-workout)

Workout @ 6:00

Meal 5 (post-workout @ 7:00)

3.2 oz chicken breast

-3.3g fat

-28.5g protein

Medium apple

1 cup broccoli

Brown rice (until I???m full)

Meal 6 (10:00)

1 cup cottage cheese

-8g fat

[font=&quot] -34g protein

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/font]
Low Carb = 168 carbs (62 carbs for each of 3 meals) (Tuesday/Saturday)

-11g fat

-31g protein

Medium apple

Fiber One (2.5 cups) = 57.5 carbs

Meal 2 (lunch @ 12)

1 can tuna

-1.25g fat

-32.5g protein

1 cup broccoli

6 oz turkey

-6g fat

-30g protein

Medium apple

Brown rice (1 cup) = 45g carbs

3.2 oz chicken breast

-3.3g fat

-28.5g protein

1 cup broccoli

Workout @ 6:00

Meal 5 (post-workout @ 7:00)

3.2 oz chicken breast

-3.3g fat

-28.5g protein

Medium apple

1 cup broccoli

Brown rice (1 cup) = 45g carbs

1 cup cottage cheese

-8g fat

-34g protein

--------------------------------------------------------------------
No Carb (Monday/Wednesday/Friday)

-11g fat

-31g protein

Meal 2 (lunch @ 12)

1 can tuna

-1.25g fat

-32.5g protein

1 cup broccoli

6 oz turkey

-6g fat

-30g protein

3.2 oz chicken breast

-3.3g fat

-28.5g protein

1 cup broccoli

Martial arts @ 7:00

ON Shake right after workout

Meal 5 (post-workout @8:30)

3.2 oz chicken breast

-3.3g fat

-28.5g protein

1 cup broccoli

1 cup cottage cheese

-8g fat

[font=&quot] -34g protein
----------[/font]
[font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------[/font][font=&quot]----------
[/font]
Supplements

Multi-vitamin in morning and post workout

3 CLA caps/day

[font=&quot]10 fish oil tabs/day
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it :thumb:

I'm not just dieting, there are also activities on every day. On monday, wednesday, and saturday I have martial arts class. On Tues, Thurs, Sat, and Sun I life. On Friday I usually just play basketball with friends, if I don't for some reason I will replace it will HIIT for that specific week. So here is a simplified version of my week:
[/font] m - no carbs: martial arts/Ab workout A
t - high carbs: chest-tri/Ab workout B
w - no carbs: martial arts only
t - low carbs: back-bi/Ab workout
f - no carbs: basketball or cardio/Ab workout A
s - high carbs: martial arts; quad-ham-calf/Ab workout B
s - low carbs: shoulder-trap-forearm I would consider the martial arts class as moderate cardio, its an hour of usually kicking and punching because the specific fighting style I am learning is a mix of kick-boxing along with alot of other things.

Also, the ab workout is a 12-week program I found on t-nation that I decided to use to tone them up since I never targeted them specifically in the past.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's all. I have a few specific questions:
1. Would it be fine to add skim milk with my all-bran cereal or do I need to eat it plain?
2. Do I have enough activity or should I add another HIIT cardio session?
3. Is the protein placed correctly? I planned on having it right after leaving the gym on lifting days, but do you think i would need it on days that I don't lift, but have martial arts class, bball, or cardio instead?

And anything else you see wrong with anything I've said, please tell me! I would like to do this correctly :D

Again, sorry this took up so much space, and thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for your help on this and all the other diets/questions you guys have helped me with, you all have helped me to achieve many of my goals!

[font=&quot]
[/font][font=&quot][/font]

Hey man!

Well I would honestly drop the CLA, or just finish them and don't buy them again. I would do 6 fish caps daily instead of 10 (Whats the dosage?). Instead of CLA buy some ALCAR, Biotin and Green Tea Extract which is very very cheap.

[ EDIT ]

Here are three CLA studies. CLA works to reduce fat but you will need amounts up between 9-12grams daily to see results, just not worth the cost IMO.

http://www.obesityresearch.org/cgi/content/full/9/2/129?
http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/129/1/92
http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/130/6/1548

Last edited:
Yunier said:
Hey man!

Well I would honestly drop the CLA, or just finish them and don't buy them again. I would do 6 fish caps daily instead of 10 (Whats the dosage?). Instead of CLA buy some ALCAR, Biotin and Green Tea Extract which is very very cheap.

[ EDIT ]

Here are three CLA studies.

http://www.obesityresearch.org/cgi/content/full/9/2/129?
http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/129/1/92
http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/130/6/1548
Thanks Yunier! The dosage on the back of the fish oil says to take 6 tabs/day, but the TP article said mesomorphs should take 6grams per day, so here's my logic, which is probably wrong :D :
My fish oil has 360mg EPA and 240mg DHA, which is 600mg of EFAs per tab, so I figured 10 tabs a day would be exactly 6grams of EFA, which is what is reccomended. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, which I probably am ;)

Other than that and the CLA, is there anything else you see wrong?

Also, what dosages do you reccomend for the ALCO, biotin, and green tea?

These are the dosage I AM taking but you can do a little research and decrease or increase accordingly.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine
I take 2000-2500mg daily which is 4-5 caps of 500mg each.

2. Biotin
I take the two pills daily for a total of 10mg daily.

3. Green Tea
Dosage: 400mg pills twice a day.

4. Fish Oil
I take 6g of Fish Oil Daily. ( 6 pills )

Thanks yunier! I'll pick some of that stuff up from the Drug Emporium! Is there anything else you see wrong, or is the diet good in your opinion? Anyone else? i'd love any input at all!

I would stick with the 10 caps of Fish oil per day. Also, your diet looks good. However, I think you should increaes your protein to 40G per meal in all 3 days.

Alright, thanks Jodi. I have only two more questions: will it be fine to have skim milk with my cereal in the morning? Should I add one more day of cardio?

If you can get the low carb Carb Countdown Skim Milk from Hood or the Heritage Low Carb skim milk then yeah. Use cardio when you need to pick up fatloss so for now, no just add it in when progress slows down.

I have only two more questions, I promise :)
On the days that I'm doing two different activities, like monday is martial arts and then the ab workout right after, should I take post-workout protein shake right after I do martial arts or should I wait until after the ab workout? Also, on the article I'm following for the ab workout, it says it (the ab workout) should be done before your other workout, do you guys think this would really apply to the martial arts class as its more of a cardio workout than anything else?

Back