• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

hamstring injury

pixie

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm wondering if anyone has had a torn hamstring? How long did it take to recover and did you do anything to speed up the recovery. I tore mine back in March and it is still bothering me. I was unable to run for about 6 weeks,but can now manage about a 45 min. duration. I'm doing a modified weight program and also yoga every day,but it seems to be taking forever to heal.

Welcome aboard pixie. I really don`t know much about hamstring injuries but I have heard from others it can take awhile to heal.

<FONT COLOR="#000002" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[Edited 1 time by new1shmoo on 07-27-2001 at 02:46 AM]</font>

HI PIXIE!!
wave.gif

I've never torn a hamstring. I did tear a muscle in my calf a couple years ago. It hurt for a long time. It was probably a good six months before I felt 100%. I could not ski, bike, or weight train my legs for those six months without feeling the pain. And forget about squats. I tried after a few months. Not good!

<FONT COLOR="#000002" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[Edited 1 time by I Are Baboon on 07-27-2001 at 07:06 AM]</font>

Yes, and it was an actual tear, not just a strain. That was in 1994 and if I'm not careful with certain movements/exercises even today it will give me problems. I have to warm up for at least 1/2 hour before I can even think about doing a sprinting kind of run. Jogging isn't as bad, I start off walking and pick up the pace every two or three minutes. If I feel any kind of twinge I back off until it goes away. As far as when you can get back to your normal activities, I can't tell you for sure, but I'll definitely tell you DON'T rush the process, you'll just prolong it.

------------------
Life is hard so quit whining and go out there and be alive.

Back