• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Protein powder

Oz lifter

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hi

Im going to try using protein powder for the first time soon, my main interest is putting on weight. So for all of you out there who are on protein powder does it add weight to you and if so rougly how quickly and how much. I have been taking creatine for a while but want to start with some protein soon.

Thanks

Oz lifter said:
hi

Im going to try using protein powder for the first time soon, my main interest is putting on weight. So for all of you out there who are on protein powder does it add weight to you and if so rougly how quickly and how much. I have been taking creatine for a while but want to start with some protein soon.

Thanks
Protein powder will not make you 'gain weight'. Excess calories will make you gain weight.

If you are not gaining weight then you don't need to necessarily add protein powder - you just need to eat more (you may need carbs, fats or protein...)Just adding a scoop of powder is probably not going to do it.

So you are better off looking at your diet and seeing if you are eating enough for your needs and then adding in REAL FOOD where you can.

However, I do suggest you get a good whey protein isolate for use in the immediate PWO period. This is the one optimal time for a rapidly absorbed protein such as a whey power (in combination with a good carbohydrate source)....

I've been using protein powder for a long time and never noticed any substantial gain in weight in regards to body fat.

Don't look for any supplement or protein powder to be the answer...If your looking to gain weight you need to eat alot of calories on top of that protein.

eh52874 said:
I've been using protein powder for a long time and never noticed any substantial gain in weight in regards to body fat.
Yes. I've been drinking a protein shake after my workouts as one of my meals and I've actually lost weight over the last 6 months. As someone else said excess calories make you gain weight not a protein shake or one item in particular in your diet.

I have looked at protein powders as a way to get protein without all the fat so I doubt they will help you gain weight.

whey protein is teh shit.

hi

Thanks a lot guys and gals, so basically I just gotta keep eating more. Thinman that tip about the milk sounds like the ticket. Actually just recently I have started to drink lots of milk for example on the weekend I drank 2 litres of chocolate milk both days. I will try and keep it up.

cheers

I always drink 2-3 glasses of milk mixed with 10-20g of whey before I goto bed, otherwise I can't goto sleep.

Back