• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

forced eating & 50s

rcksmith799

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Question for the members -> I cannot take a lot of food on my stomach like before. Matter of fact, if I hit the sack with a 1/2 empty stomach, I sleep much better and have energy next morning. In the past, full meal / top'd with a protein drink. If I do that now, I wake up feeling like real crap, tired, no appetite what so ever.

Morning, breakfast, Lunch, blah, blah, if I get that stuffed feeling I'm pretty much non-functional - OBE. Seems like when you hit the 50s, your organs are sensitive (let's say, shot), 40s, hormones shot, dad-bod, man-boobs, 30s, probably hit or miss depending on genetics.

What do guys (50 & onward) do. Frequent smaller meals or just snacks? When you're older, do you really need that 1.5 grams of protein per body pound? What do you guys think / do?

Yep, I completely feel like shit any more if I eat till I'm full. I buy alka seltzer in bulk. There's also a lot of foods that I love that I can no longer eat without consequences. Like pizza. A couple of slices and I'm paying for it the rest of the night. Something definitely changes as you get older.

zY9tdf.gif

forced eating & 50s

I give myself a minimum of 2 hours between eating and bed. So far my metabolism seems to be increased enough that it helps. Of course, that doesn’t include pizza, anything overly spice, tomato sauces are rough.
Obviously there are other things that tear me up as well. If I know my wife is planning a meal that will keep me up or rear me up I have her hold it for Saturday or Sunday. The e eat dinner by 3:00 pm. Only way I can do it and even the dependent on the food it may still kill me. Roland’s and alka-seltzer on hand.

I give myself a minimum of 2 hours between eating and bed. So far my metabolism seems to be increased enough that it helps. Of course, that doesn’t include pizza, anything overly spice, tomato sauces are rough.
Obviously there are other things that tear me up as well. If I know my wife is planning a meal that will keep me up or rear me up I have her hold it for Saturday or Sunday. The e eat dinner by 3:00 pm. Only way I can do it and even the dependent on the food it may still kill me. Roland’s and alka-seltzer on hand.

Same. Getting old sucks! I keep telling myself it is healthier in the long run to not be able to eat the things I enjoy.

No kidding. I was out in the mid-West for almost 2-years (ending last year) on a job / company paid logging / food / and all. I'd always drink a couple of drafts the before food arrived and inhale it all down. Those were good times. After a while I started feeling rough in the AM. Not hung over, but just exhausted. Fast forward 2-years later, I decided to cut back on the beer consumption and that's when I really began to understand what it was. Sometimes I still drink ahead of meal to help load up the food - especially when eating out. Gotta get that money's worth.

Other weird thing is I started eating salads for lunch. Afterwards I feel like I ate, have energy, and not slogged down. That's interesting. I have began looking into some of these start athletes and their switching to mostly plant based foods. I will never eliminate meat totally, but am beginning to wonder if the body was really intended to eat meat every meal serving?

Back