• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

glutamine?

IML Gear Cream!
All this glutamine talk is making me want to try it, what kind of glutamine do you guys use?

Personally I really rate Glutamine and BCAA's. They help with recovery and muscle rebuilding. You find yourself not being so sore from a hard training session and your muscles repair quicker so they are not so sore for as long.

A lot of people I know rate them too, I think its personal preference as so many people think that a high protein diet, is a bad diet, everyone has their crazy opinions! :confused:
So really you need to try it out for yourself and see. Then you can make an opinion of your own.

soxmuscle said:
Still interesting to read for all the new people to the board I think.

i doubt reading a 3 page debate about glutamine would be interesting to a newb. i just dont see the need in debating it. if it works for you great if it doesnt dont waste your money. i have said it before, glutamine is not a supplement that will give you visible signs that it is working. bringing this subject up is like talking about homosexuality or politics. there is no right or wrong answer.

PreMier said:
Good reply.

I will choose to listen to David, and the studies posted by him on this one though. Along with the ones on pubmed. IMO glutamine will give me nothing but a lighter wallet :)

You are an adult and can make your own decisions. I don't sell glutamine or bcaa's, and have no other reason to recommend them than to help people. I have every single one of my clients on high doses of glutamine and bcaa's and the results are always excellent. I even put up a thread about my use of this combo on another very prominent bodybuilding board about 1 year ago and to this day it remains pinned to the top and I receive emails daily about how much of a difference it has made for people. Half of my income would dissapear if I did not get people that hire me the best results of their lives, and thus, anything I recommend is only going to be something that I KNOW will work, and work well. Not to mention that I am still trying to achieve a certain level of development myself and win my natural pro card and therefore do what it will take to get there, and both glutamine and bcaa's will play their part. I am certainly not going to waste my money on something that "might" or "could" help.

Well, whatever...use it or don't. Either way its no skin off my ripped back ;)

Maybe this is a little off topic - but I take powdered glutamine with my protein. But, Im gettin really sick of it and mentally, I hate taking it. Its just real slimy and its tough to keep down. Any of you know a better way to take it?

thats how i take it and it doesnt bother me a bit. :shrug:

du510 said:
:shrug: Maybe its just my brand.... Its Met-rx, with arginine.

First, you shouldn't be taking L-glutamine with protein, but on an empty stomach. Second, I am using this brand right now and its not slimy even mixed with water.

gopro said:
First, you shouldn't be taking L-glutamine with protein, but on an empty stomach. Second, I am using this brand right now and its not slimy even mixed with water.
Maybe Ill try that starting tonight. Thanks GP.

IML Gear Cream!
du510 said:
Maybe Ill try that starting tonight. Thanks GP.

No problem...I just didn't want you to waste your time/money as L-glutamine cannot be properly absorbed in the presence of protein. I mix it in water and don't even know its there.

I am going to purchase glutamine this weekend.

When do you take it GoPro.. first thing in the morning.. and how long do you leave next meal/ shake after the Glut..

Thanks

would this be alright

Tkae glutamine in morning on empty stomach,and also take creatine on empty stomach
Then 3 hours later a protein shake and late evening a protein shake????????

Chris

just at home said:
When do you take it GoPro.. first thing in the morning.. and how long do you leave next meal/ shake after the Glut..

Thanks

Well, I take it 4 times per day.

-upon rising
-45 min before training
-immediately after training
-before bed

I always wait about 20-30 min before eating food or drinking a shake after I take it.

Martinogdenbsx said:
would this be alright

Tkae glutamine in morning on empty stomach,and also take creatine on empty stomach
Then 3 hours later a protein shake and late evening a protein shake????????

Chris

Thats ok to do.

cheers,don't really fancy taking glutamine 4 times a day so this is what i am going to be doing

7.00am on empty stomach have a glutamine and creatine shake
10.00am before eating second meal have a protein shake
1.00 have a weight gainer shake
9.00-10.00pm Have a protein shake

What do you all think??????

Chris

Can't find any ON glutamine, any others?

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks guys. How long does this amount last you?

Martinogdenbsx said:
cheers,don't really fancy taking glutamine 4 times a day so this is what i am going to be doing

7.00am on empty stomach have a glutamine and creatine shake
10.00am before eating second meal have a protein shake
1.00 have a weight gainer shake
9.00-10.00pm Have a protein shake

What do you all think??????

Chris

Thats ok, but here is where people try glutamine and say it does nothing for them. A single 5 g dose per day is not going to make much of a difference to be noticable...my experience shows me that multiple daily doses are necessary to reap the rewards that glutamine can provide, at a dose of
15-20 g per day. So, if you either cannot afford this much (which is totally understandable), or you are too lazy to take this much (which is not understandable), than don't bother with glutamine.

:)

Just like Gopro said Glutamine works best went taken multiple times a day on a empty stomache ie. morning, pre/post workout..ect. Do not expect miracle results with Glutamine, however I have always had positive results while using Glut ie better pumps, increased recovery time, less muscle soreness after brutal workouts..ect. It is easy to forget about a supplement like Glutamine with all the OTC steroids out there (I could list some of them off, but it is too early in the morning for the alphabet song:) ) but IMO it is a very valuable supplement and just make sure you give it enough time to see any possible positive effects.

Good luck.

soxmuscle said:
Thanks guys. How long does this amount last you?
I got mine at vitaminworld in Kingston, near you. With the discounts, it came to just about $20.

I'm about halfway through it, and Ive used it for about a month and a half now.

GoPro,
I couple more questions if ok, in the morning and post workout taking Glut, can I mix it with Dextrose and/ or Creatine??
Also how do you split your night time drinks, Ive seen that you take Casiene late at night and also Glut, do you take them at seperate time and if so how far apart as i've seen you say to keep at seperate time to protien?
I personally take Milk Protien Concentrate at night, Any thought on that in comparison to Casiene!

Thanks

Justin

Last edited:
just at home said:
GoPro,
I couple more questions if ok, in the morning and post workout taking Glut, can I mix it with Dextrose and/ or Creatine??
Also how do you split your night time drinks, Ive seen that you take Casiene late at night and also Glut, do you take them at seperate time and if so how far apart as i've seen you say to keep at seperate time to protien?
I personally take Milk Protien Concentrate at night, Any thought on that in comparison to Casiene!

Thanks

Justin

-Yes, you can mix glutamine with creatine and/or dextrose
-I always take glutamine about 30 min before my final meal, which will either be a casein based protein powder or a solid protein meal
-Milk protein concentrate is excellent at night

PreMier said:
Glutamine IS worthless. Even David Tolson thinks so.
So he is God?

EDIT: I should have read the whole thread first. I think this was implied already.

Back