• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

MLB......you guys think this is fair?

Flex

FLEXecutioner
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm a red sox fan. let's get that right off the bat.

we just acquired schilling. we are trying to get Foulke and Arod. the yanks just got Sheffield, and are looking to unload the DreamWeaver for Kevin Brown?!?!?!?!?

Is it just me, or is this unfair? It seems retarded to me that these two teams (again, read the 1st line, so technically i should be happy) are killing baseball.

IMO they need a salary cap badly. Every good player wants to go to Boston or Ny cuz they wanna win. It's retarded that these two teams can grab any good player they want. the rest of the league is getting shitty cuz of these 2 teams. Football has a salary cap, and the talent is pretty well dispersed throughout the league (every year a few shitty teams turn it around....aka Bengals, and the Pats are doing great with very few superstars.....as well as a few good teams take a digger...aka Bucs, Bills etc.) The NBA also does pretty well at evening there teams, although this year is the first year that players tried to stack up certain teams (lakeshow, kings, mavs)

OBviously you can say well the Marlins just won with a tiny payroll, but guarenteed that shit wont happen next year. The yankess starting lineup is an all star team (Jeter, Posada, Giambi, Sheffield, Matsui, Bernie, Soriano )

But i think MLB is getting ridiculous........anyone?

I think it i sabsolutely ridiculous to have a team full of all stars. I also think it is bad for the game. It seems like teams don't have players stick around and develop, instead people pay the highest price to get a superstqar for a year and win the champoinship, then everyone leaves after the series. What kind of team chemistry or comradory is that? Fans are less connected to the players and are set up for dissapointment most likely. I hate it and I hate the yankess who have been buying their way into the pennant for years. It is BS.

Originally posted by Flex

IMO they need a salary cap badly. Every good player wants to go to Boston or Ny cuz they wanna win.

This may be a silly question, but why would anyone who wants to win go to the Red Sox? Wasn't Abraham Lincoln President the last time they won the World Series?

Just bustin your balls man. :p

I TOTALLY agree that it's unfair to small market teams like San Diego, Kansas City, Milwaukee, etc that the big market teams get so much player talent. These wealthy teams don't even have to have good farm systems anymore because they just take talent from other teams once the players get good and expensive. I think a salary cap is an excellent idea, but I think the players union would never let that happen. Something has to be done to help the small market teams.

BTW, the Yanks can have Sheffield and his career .238 playoff batting average. :hehe:

I certainly agree that a salary cap is needed. The players "union" will never agree to it though. That union has WAY too much power.

I do have to say, however, that the Red Sox are not an example of why a cap is needed, they are actually ammunition for the other side. They have plenty of money and haven't been to a WS in, what, 18 years, and haven't won one since the Ice Age.

Teams like the Marlins winning the WS make some think that a cap is not needed. My opinion is that stuff like that just masks the problem. On the whole the small market teams have no chance.

Originally posted by Pepper
Teams like the Marlins winning the WS make some think that a cap is not needed. My opinion is that stuff like that just masks the problem. On the whole the small market teams have no chance.

Yup....another example is Oakland, but that team is run by baseball geniuses who can recognize talent early and get some good years out of players before they become too expensive. But still, Florida and Oakland are two exceptions, while the other 15 or so small market teams will always struggle.

I agree, something needs to be done with baseball. The Rich keep getting richer while the Poor well you know. I am a Jays Fan (obviously) and a Bosox fan always have been. I guess I have seen this from the Grass Roots as the Jays were the first team to put an effort in to buy the world series in 92 - 93. There Salary back then was in the $70 mil range which far exceeded any other team.

I think the NFL has done a great job in controlling the finances. And it shows because on any given sunday, any team can win. Whereas in Baseball you have a good idea at the beginning of the season who in going to be in the playoffs and more than likely the world series.

Originally posted by Pepper

I don't know if it masks the problem in my eyes, it seems to emphasize it. Like they did when they won the last Salary dumping. They are continuing to do again this year, or making contracts contingent on the Marlins getting a new stadium, which is rediculous. Then MLB wonders why ratings have dropped.

Florida probably won't even be able to affords Pudge's Salary this year. If they even keep him there is talk of diferring it.

Back