• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pylon's Journal V5 - The Race to 40

IML Gear Cream!
Good morning!

Headed into week 3. My right knee is a little stiff, but nothing too serious. Felt that way Saturday, and was fine for running.

Hit the 10 lb mark today as well. Off to a great start!

75 degrees and sunny. Park running!

5 min WU

1.5 min jog, 1.5 min walk
3 min job, 3 min walk
3 min job, 3 min walk

WU - 1 mile job - 12:11 - Not a blazing speed, but was in a nice groove.

Flat DB flyes SS Smith incline

15s x 10 SS 50 x 10
15s x 10 SS 70 x 4
25s x 10 SS 110 x1.5, 90x1.5 - Went up 5s on flyes, cost me on inclines. Got too agressive with it, stalled out. Will stay at 90 for the next round.

DB pullover SS CG pulldowns

30 x 10 SS 75 x 10
40 x 10 SS 90 x 10
50 x 10 SS 120 x 7 - up 10 on pullovers, up 15 lbs/down 3 reps on pulldowns

Deadlifts

115 x 10
135 x 10
205 x 6 - up 40 lbs/down 4 reps. I'll take it.

Best workout so far since I've been back. I have a 5 hour drive first thing in the morning. Can only imagine how stiff I will be when I arrive. Oy.

On the road today, so running on a treadmill in the hotel gym.

5 min WU

3 min jog, 3 min walk
3 min job, 3 min walk

jogging at 5mph, walking at 3mph

I'm here to encourage Py! What's the goal for the big 4-0? Gawd, I wish I could go back to that number...LOL

I'm here to encourage Py! What's the goal for the big 4-0? Gawd, I wish I could go back to that number...LOL

You only get better with age, right?

While I haven't set a specific goal, I think getting back under 250 is a good one. 240 as a stretch goal. Good to state it out loud, I suppose. :)

Back to lifting...

WU - jog 1 mile: 11:23. Running at a natural pace on the track. Shaved 48 seconds off my run from Monday with no real increase in effort. :thumbs:

Leg Ext SS Leg Press

90x10 SS 150x10
120x10 SS 180x10
150x10 SS 240x10 - Up 30 lbs on each with same reps

Calf press

210x20
240x20
300x20 - Up 8 reps

Outdoor running. 70 deg and overcast, but still OK.

5 min walk to warm up, .75 mi jog, .5 walk, .75 jog

I skipped about a week of the training program. I'm past where it was, and only have 3 weeks until the 5k. No need to screw around.

IML Gear Cream!
Out of town for a conference, but so far so good. Got in an outdoor 2 mile run yesterday with the new running shoes. Felt great!

Also, as a speaker they've taken really good care of me. They put me in a suite with a full kitchen, so hit the grocer last night for eggs, avocado, salsa and bison. Breakfast is covered, yo.

Went out with the conference team last night. They wanted pizza. I managed to get out with baked wings. :)

hiya Py!

out of town for a conference, but so far so good. Got in an outdoor 2 mile run yesterday with the new running shoes. Felt great!

Also, as a speaker they've taken really good care of me. They put me in a suite with a full kitchen, so hit the grocer last night for eggs, avocado, salsa and bison. breakfast is covered, yo.

Went out with the conference team last night. They wanted pizza. I managed to get out with baked wings. :)

yum!

souds like we be in the same boat....you're just a little ahead of me. How's things?

souds like we be in the same boat....you're just a little ahead of me. How's things?

Work is good, plenty of travel but interesting.

My knee has been a little cranky the last few days, so I decided to ease up and take a couple of days off. It's the outside ligament (LCL), which I sprained doing squats years ago, so I know that pain.

Anyway, it's not a lot better, but I know that running isn't generally a problem, so laced them up and id a 5k on my own in the park. Got in at 44:11 (was hoping to be under 45, so there you go). Two weeks until the "official" race, so at least I know I can handle the distance without too much trouble.

Back from the road. Went to the gym to run since it's a wet day outside. Did 5k at 38:48, which is about 5 1/2 minutes faster than my Saturday run. Some of that was the indoor element, I'm sure, but I'll take it!

My first time doing 5k on consecutive days. Ran outside this time. Clocked in at 41:16. While this is a couple of minutes off yesterday's pace, it is a second day of running. More importantly, though, this was outside, and is almost 3 minutes faster than my last outdoor run, which makes this a PR. w00t!

IML Gear Cream!
Took the weekend off, partially for rest, partially for other reasons. Back today on track with diet, 45 min on the bike. Plan to run tomorrow, then run the Saturday race. Not planning to run between, but we'll see how the knee feels.

Ran about a mile yesterday to loosen up, followed by bike work.

Out in the park today for my final tune up before my "official" 5k. Came in at 42:53. Off the pace from my last run, but still under the 45 min mark, which was my target at the start. Now for a couple of days of rest. Will probably still work the bike, but taking it easy on the knee until race time.

Back