• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz® HEAL - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What Do You Want and What Are You Giving for Christmas This Year?

IML Gear Cream!
Cats are cleaner than people by far.. "asshole" is right! I buy the pets presents and the Jamie Kitty is getting a live mouse for Christmas like every year. We put the cat in the closed shower/tub with a can of tuna to make it comfortable and I drop the mouse in. Hey, people give mice to snakes I've said why not a cat. It's cool and kitty deserves it.

my soon to be landlord and his girlfriend came over 100 miles to pick me and Ty up to go see the house to make sure we wanted it. then he told us there are a few strays in the neighborhood his work partner comes around to feed. seems like it will work out cool. it blows to have to spend so much moving just before christmas though.

i showed Tess an old card today where i talked about our cat catching a bird once. i tried to save it. Tess got mad and said "give it back to mia-pia it's her bird".

Tyler wants Practice Swords

Tesla wants another guitar.
Get him the Suburi Bokken, the infamous master swordsman Musashi Miyamoto made one out of an oar after he forgot his sword on the way to a duel...

Musashi's Oar Shape Suburi Bokken - bokkenshop.com - the internet's premier bokken and wooden weapon store

It's heavier and will help him develop stronger arms....

234.gif

234.html

I want this:

The Sony Cyber-Shot T200 in Black
8440234_sa.jpg

8440234_ba.jpg

8.1-megapixel, capturing hi-res images up to 3264 x 2448 pixels, 5x optical zoom and 3.5" widescreen LCD touch screen. $399.99.

I won't get it, at least not unless I buy it myself, but I've been wanting something similar for a while. My parents aren't really big on presents, but they will probably give me a couple hundred bucks for Christmas (which is the best gift anyway, money).

It might be overkill though. I'd be completely happy with the T70 model ($299.99).

So far, I've gotten the following gifts for others:
My brother (24 years old): A new Ralph Lauren Polo jacket ($125 retail), a new Ralph Lauren Polo fleece ($100 retail), and a Banana Republic button-up shirt ($50 retail). These gifts are a combination of his birthday and Christmas presents.
My twin brothers (8 years old): So far, I've gotten them each a 2008 Calendar (Dream Cars and Transformers), and two Calvin and Hobbes books. My older brother is going to kick my ass this year. He's trying to get them a Nintendo Wii. I'll try to find something else for them on Black Friday. Damn kids are getting harder and harder to please with all these lavish gifts everyone else has been throwing at them.
My Dad: My dad's a pretty simple guy. He doesn't like to spend a lot of money on luxuries (typically only on big items like electronics, cars, boats). We've always busted his chops about dressing like a bum since he still wears faded shirts he got a decade ago. So I'm thinking about buying him a new RL Polo shirt for him. Will probably run me about $60, but I'll tell him I got it for $20.
My Mom: Not sure what to get her yet. Need ideas!
Select Friends: I think I'm doing the giftcard thing mostly this year, maybe a book for one.

I don't know jack about cameras...in fact, I have NEVER owned one in my entire life. I'm not much of a picture person, but I'm going to the middle east soon and I'm getting a camera for Christmas whether I like it or not...my family wants pictures.

I was told I was getting this:
Compare Prices and Read Reviews on Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T33 Digital Camera at Epinions.com

I had asked to get the camera that you had pictured in the OP. Which is better in your opinion? Is this thing really worth 300USD.

Why I find this model (Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T33 5.1) on the Sony site?

A four pack with 2 each. Micro remote cars, boats, helicopters, and planes. Set ya back about $140 off of ebay.

Them two lil ones will disappear for at least a day.

OR ... a slot car set.
Thanks for the suggestions BC, but I've already gotten them micro remote controlled cars, a remote controlled plane (which they broke) and a slot car race set in the past, all of which they got bored of quickly. Not sure we have anywear to use an electric boat, especially given the upcoming winter season. Haven't seen many helicopters, but I may consider one or the other for their birthday in May when the weather gets better.

Mom's easy. Full on trip to a good day spay. She gets primped and pampered, relaxed and massaged, then walks out feeling special and beautiful. If you can manage a night at a bed and breakfast then your pops will prolly get something outta that too :D
This seems like a good idea BC, though I don't know anything about day spas, nor do I know the area where my parents live very well. Another problem is that it sounds very expensive, and like my dad, neither like me spending much money, especially on gifts.

IML Gear Cream!
I don't know jack about cameras...in fact, I have NEVER owned one in my entire life. I'm not much of a picture person, but I'm going to the middle east soon and I'm getting a camera for Christmas whether I like it or not...my family wants pictures.

I was told I was getting this:
Compare Prices and Read Reviews on Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T33 Digital Camera at Epinions.com

I had asked to get the camera that you had pictured in the OP. Which is better in your opinion? Is this thing really worth 300USD.

Why I find this model (Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T33 5.1) on the Sony site?
It really depends on what it is you want in a camera. The main criticism with these "ultra compact" cameras that we are looking at, is that some picture quality is sacrificed to get the cameras so small. My justification in getting them anyway is this... They are small enough to fit comfortably in my pocket, therefore I have no problem bringing it out with me anywhere I want to go. Because I can do this, I will have the ability to capture pictures I normally would not have had I went with a larger camera I didn't feel comfortable carrying around with me. In addition, I am very happy with the picture quality of the Sony Cyber-shots models t9 or later, as I've had the opportunity to see what it can produce first hand (bieng that my brother and an ex has had them). So, picture quality is not an issue to me.

I am not too familiar with the T33, though it does seem lesser of the two we are looking at. The T200 and its sister model, the T70, have additional "catchy" features that aren't really necessary but add to its cool factor. One thing that I've come to really like is that it's got the slide-down lens cover which also dubs as an on/off button. It can capture video at very satisfactory quality (which is great because of its extreme portability). But one thing I don't like so far with the T200 (and the T70) is the touch screen controls. Although it seems really cool, the controls seem too complex compared to older versions. In order to access the video recording option, you have to go into a menu on the touch screen. And from playing with the camera at Best Buy, it seems the camera leaves it on video mode until you change it. This is less convenient than its predecessor models in that you used to be able to toggle with a slide buton from "take regular pictures" to "view pictures" to "take video," which was very handy. Unfortunately, it looks like the marketing guys over at Sony thought making it fully touch screen would be a great idea. Another cool thing the T200/T70 both have is the smile detection. Although it doesn't seem to work 100% perfect from what I have read, I have seen it work fine firsthand at Best Buy. This feature, when turned on, will automatically take a picture when the person smiles.

I'd look for reviews on the T33 (and not customer reviews either, but professional reviews, since customer reviews are usually either hate it or love it fashion, while a professional reviewer is impartial). And go to Best Buy and play with the cameras the best you can (I say that because things like picture quality is hard to compare without blowing them up on the computer). Personally, $300/$400 is high for a point and shoot camera, but I think it's worth it for the T70 or T200.

I despise the abomination known as Christmas. Why can't we just spend time with out families, eat a nice meal, and celebrate our many blessings? Do we not have enough stuff already? Christmas has turned into a marketing gimmick, and all of you have been duped.
I know what you mean KelJu. I hate feeling any kind of pressure to buy gifts no matter what the "holiday," but typically, I am only feeling that pressure from my little brothers or girlfriend (when I have one) so it's not that bad.

I think it's when we get older that we will really begin to constantly feel social pressure to buy gifts for co-workers, friends whom you normally wouldn't have gotten anything for, and acquaintances who gave you something first. Or worse yet, buying stupid shit for a co-worker, friend, or acquaintance's kid's fundraiser. I say F*that.

IML Gear Cream!
It really depends on what it is you want in a camera. The main criticism with these "ultra compact" cameras that we are looking at, is that some picture quality is sacrificed to get the cameras so small. My justification in getting them anyway is this... They are small enough to fit comfortably in my pocket, therefore I have no problem bringing it out with me anywhere I want to go. Because I can do this, I will have the ability to capture pictures I normally would not have had I went with a larger camera I didn't feel comfortable carrying around with me. In addition, I am very happy with the picture quality of the Sony Cyber-shots models t9 or later, as I've had the opportunity to see what it can produce first hand (bieng that my brother and an ex has had them). So, picture quality is not an issue to me.

I am not too familiar with the T33, though it does seem lesser of the two we are looking at. The T200 and its sister model, the T70, have additional "catchy" features that aren't really necessary but add to its cool factor. One thing that I've come to really like is that it's got the slide-down lens cover which also dubs as an on/off button. It can capture video at very satisfactory quality (which is great because of its extreme portability). But one thing I don't like so far with the T200 (and the T70) is the touch screen controls. Although it seems really cool, the controls seem too complex compared to older versions. In order to access the video recording option, you have to go into a menu on the touch screen. And from playing with the camera at Best Buy, it seems the camera leaves it on video mode until you change it. This is less convenient than its predecessor models in that you used to be able to toggle with a slide buton from "take regular pictures" to "view pictures" to "take video," which was very handy. Unfortunately, it looks like the marketing guys over at Sony thought making it fully touch screen would be a great idea. Another cool thing the T200/T70 both have is the smile detection. Although it doesn't seem to work 100% perfect from what I have read, I have seen it work fine firsthand at Best Buy. This feature, when turned on, will automatically take a picture when the person smiles.

I'd look for reviews on the T33 (and not customer reviews either, but professional reviews, since customer reviews are usually either hate it or love it fashion, while a professional reviewer is impartial). And go to Best Buy and play with the cameras the best you can (I say that because things like picture quality is hard to compare without blowing them up on the computer). Personally, $300/$400 is high for a point and shoot camera, but I think it's worth it for the T70 or T200.
My gf recently got a Fuji FinePix zfd for $180, it's very slim and takes very nice quality images for a 6MP camera, it also has fast shutter setting for capturing motion plus many other features like face detection and macro for close-up shots....thing is it is ultra slim...you wouldn't think it could do anything except take regular pics...

Get him the Suburi Bokken, the infamous master swordsman Musashi Miyamoto made one out of an oar after he forgot his sword on the way to a duel...

Musashi's Oar Shape Suburi Bokken - bokkenshop.com - the internet's premier bokken and wooden weapon store

It's heavier and will help him develop stronger arms....

234.gif

234.html

I read Go Ring No that had some commentary. It said that he rowed out to a small island to duel with two samurai. It's said that he didn't even bring a sword. He jumped out of the boat with only the oar in hand and promptly killed both of the sword wielding warriors and then got back into his boat and rowed back to shore.

I take it that's the oar that he used?

So I just bought my older brother an HDDVD player. He's been wanting one for a while now and he found a good deal for one on Amazon which gives you 10 free HDDVDs (although selection is limited) for about $200 shipped unless you sign up for an Amazon card [Amazon.com: Toshiba HD-A3 720p/1080i HD DVD Player: Electronics].

I'm going to take some of the clothes I got him back since the HDDVD player is his gift now :grumble:.

I read Go Ring No that had some commentary. It said that he rowed out to a small island to duel with two samurai. It's said that he didn't even bring a sword. He jumped out of the boat with only the oar in hand and promptly killed both of the sword wielding warriors and then got back into his boat and rowed back to shore.

I take it that's the oar that he used?
Some say he woke up late and rushed to the fight forgetting his katana only bringing his wakizashi which he used to carve the oar, others say he fashioned the oar sword to match the extra long sword Kojiro used...his tactic being he would make it just a bit longer so he'd have the reach advantage...

thank you camera guru:thumb:

Back