• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Nap time

greatone3210

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I did a search and doesnt seem like this question was asked. Well today i got home about 3 and i was so tired (previous night spent up writing a report) so i eat my food a 1/2 sandwich, and a salad, with a protien drink. The salad was probably 10 mins later after the sandwich and the drink. Anyways i then took a 5 hour nap after. and im trying to get leaner.

Are naps detrimental to the cutting phase or just bad to begin with with?

also is there a difference between eating hot and cold food because im eating a cold salmon steak and hope there isnt much a dif if it was hot!

Nothing wrong with sleep. Naps are good if you can't get enough sleep during the night, helps fight off the overtraining.

I usually get about 6-7hours a night on a weekday, and then i take a 1/2-2h nap during the day, depending on how tired i feel.

english class naps are the best...i gained 5lbs of shredded muscle in one week since implimenting them into my regimine

Ummm naps are real good. But perhaps the sandwich isnt a good idea if you are trying to cut. Did no one else catch that?

Originally posted by J'Bo
Ummm naps are real good. But perhaps the sandwich isnt a good idea if you are trying to cut. Did no one else catch that?

I caught that, but it really depends on too many factors for anyone here to suggest eating anything else. we just don't know what he's eating all day, what bread its on etc.

i dissagree. it doesnt matter what kind of breads and if your doing 3 hours of cardio and you are 1%bf already....if you consume food that will trigger an insulin response you are storing fat rather than burning it....period.

i dissagree. it doesnt matter what kind of breads and if your doing 3 hours of cardio and you are 1%bf already....if you consume food that will trigger an insulin response you are storing fat rather than burning it....period.

hmmm...so what do you think about consuming high GI carbs post work-out? will they get stored as fat? I say no. :)

No they wont because your eating up calories from your workout. If you go pass out for 4 hours after eating however, your going to store the fat. Common people work with me here.

IML Gear Cream!

You can't store fat if you are eating a hypocaloric diet, no matter what you might think of insulin it can't do its job without the necessary kcals being supplied.

No they wont because your eating up calories from your workout. If you go pass out for 4 hours after eating however, your going to store the fat. Common people work with me here.

Once again, it doesn't matter how long you sleep. You can sleep for 20 hours straight but still eat under maintenance (for the day) and lose fat.

if you consume food that will trigger an insulin response you are storing fat rather than burning it....period.

What do you eat that does not trigger an insulin response? Do you eat any carbs? Even slowburning carbs cause an insulin response. Insulin is needed to store enegry in our bodies to be used at a later time, hence the reason humans are periodic eaters. Without insulin we would have to eat continuosly in order to have enough energy to carry out normal daily functions not to mention strenuous exercise. If you are dieting do you carb up? When you carb up the whole purpose is to trigger an insulin response. Why? So that you can store the needed amount of glycogen to get you through another 3-4days (depending on the length of time between your carb ups) of lifting.

If you are "eating up" the calories from your workout and you go pass out wouldn't you still be "eating up" the calories from your w/o? Your body doesn't just shut off when you go to sleep. There are many process taking place as this is a time when your body repairs damaged tissue. Granted a high carb meal before bed is going to interfere with a maximum release of growth hormone; but, like Yan said if you are in a caloric defecit you can still lose fat.

Last edited:
and so your saying that having a sandwich and going for a nap is good? I am confused at your way of thinking. If you are on a cut diet then sandwiches are bad....period. Regardless of whether your napping or not.

What is bad or good?????? Caloric defecit equates to weight loss. I personally wouldn't eat the sandwich becuase I don't want the bread in my diet while I am cutting. However, if the bread caloricly fits into your diet than it doesn't matter.

I am confused at your way of thinking. You seem to think that certain foods are bad or good. I will agree that there are better carbohydrate choices than bread on a cut but this doesn't mean that it is bad. If itis the glycemic index you are worried about the rest assured that the glycemic index only refers to a carbs impact on blood sugar IT IT IS CONSUMED BY ITSELF. I assume that he put some sort of meat (protein) on that sandwich, maybe some mayo or oil (fat) and he also had a salad (fiber). Well, now that meal is looking quite different don't you think?

There are other factors to think about here as well. What kind of bread is he eating, is he training for a bbing show, how lean is he now (ie does he have a fast metabolism which can handle more carbs), etc..... Just because the bread doesn't work into your diet doesn't mean that it can't fit into someone elses.

Funk= i get what your saying..and i geuss what i was saying is that there are better carb sources than bread...and maybe i am just jealous because he can eat bread and cut. :D

I am cutting, yet I have 2 pieces of whole wheat bread (tuna sandwich) everyday.

See, Prince knows what's up:thumb:

Funk= i get what your saying..and i geuss what i was saying is that there are better carb sources than bread...and maybe i am just jealous because he can eat bread and cut.

Ah, now you see what I am getting at:) . Sometimes it is hard not to try and force our own dietary restrictions on other people, thinking that they are the BEST or the ONLY way to see results (I should know, I am guilty of this myself at times:D ). However, the thing we must remember is that our own dietary restrictions are the best way in which WE see results, necessarily someone else.

peace.

Back