• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

a program for each part 2 times a week EXCEPT LEGS

swordfish

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
the title explains is- 5 or 6 days a week maybe even 4,

back, shoulders, tris, bis, chest,

except legs for twice a week, just once.

Unless you have above average genetics and have lots of gear, training back, shoulders, tris, bis and chest twice a week is extreme overtraining. A routine like that will lead to burn out and you will experience no gains and it's possible that you may even lose some muscle mass.

Trust me if you train each bodypart every 6-8 days you will get optimal results from your training. Train smart and hard.

madden player said:
Unless you have above average genetics and have lots of gear, training back, shoulders, tris, bis and chest twice a week is extreme overtraining. A routine like that will lead to burn out and you will experience no gains and it's possible that you may even lose some muscle mass.

Trust me if you train each bodypart every 6-8 days you will get optimal results from your training. Train smart and hard.

Totally untrue. As long as he adjusts the volume accordingly he should be fine. For example, instead of doing eight sets for chest you could do four each day.

CowPimp said:
Totally untrue. As long as he adjusts the volume accordingly he should be fine...
Volume??...don't you mean intensity??

I could do a 100 sets with almost zero intensity and never overtrain. I think if he adjusts INTENSITY he may not overtrain. How could you train back, shoulders, tris, bis and chest twice a week with 100 % intensity and not overtrain??

When you plan a workout routine you MUST be sure to include rest/recovery days. It is on these recovery days that you build strength and mass.

Does anyone else have an opinion one this matter??

Volume and intensity are both important factors...if I was to train a body part 2x a week one day would be heavy (around 85% or 1RM) and the other I would use 65% or less than the weights used the previous training session and do moderate to high-reps (15-40+ reps)...

LAM said:
...if I was to train a body part 2x a week one day would be heavy (around 85% or 1RM) and the other I would use 65% or less than the weights used the previous training session and do moderate to high-reps (15-40+ reps)...
I sometimes altenate between heavy and light days but intensity in the bodybuilding/strenth training terms means that 100 % intensity requires 100 % effort. (my intensity level is the same on heavy/light days)

100 % intensity has very little to do with the amount of weight being lifted. On my heavy days I train with 100 % intensity and on my light days I also train with 100 % intensity.

The average person (including some elite bodybuilders) will overtrain if they work each upperbody muscle TWICE a week with 100 % intensity. Remember that changing the load and the rep range does not necessarily change the intensity.

regardless...using loads of less than 65% of your 1RM will not induce microtrauma in skeletal muscle. siginificantly reducing the odds of CNS overload and overtraining...

Back