• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Timing Carbs On a TKD?

M.J.H.

Obsessed
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am curious about how to specifically time carbs while on a TKD?

Because a TKD is pretty much low-carb ketogenic all of the time and then high-GI carbs are ingested preworkout, and then possibly some postworkout. This is very controversial, however.

I am thinking maybe 40-50g of dextrose (Sweettarts, Smarties, whatevever) and then maybe a 20 oz. bottle of Gatorade during my workout which yields 35g of carbs. So that would bring me around the 80-85g mark for the day.

Basically you kick yourself out of ketosis to have a good workout, and then you go right back to ketogenic style eating.

Anyone?

I would say around 25g dextrose 30min prework out. Then 40 immediatly after.

And on non workout days little to no carbs.

I believe Lyle McDonald says to use ingest 5 grams of carbs for every set of training. So I used the same amount of carbs for pre and post WO. When I do TKD's that's what I use and have no problems going back into ketosis...

How effective would a TKD be for someone whos been on more of a balanced diet for a good while? OR what are your experiences LAM?

I am most likely going to do around 25-30 total sets in each of my workouts. So that would put me somewhere in the 100g+ carb range. I am thinking about a roll of Sweettarts preworkout, which yield 39g of carbs, and then a Gatorade during my workout, which would yield 35g of carbs. This would put me in the ~75g range. I should most likely be able to easily get back into ketosis right?

How long before my workout should I ingest the carbs?

kvyd said:
How effective would a TKD be for someone whos been on more of a balanced diet for a good while? OR what are your experiences LAM?

I don't think that really matters. what your activity level is outside of the gym is the greatest factor. if you are a competitive athlete than a TKD or CKD is definetly not for you as your body needs carbs to perfrom at optimum levels when sports are concerned.

when I go TKD I change my lifestyle to fit my diet, so the low intake of carbs does not really effect me.

MonStar said:
I am most likely going to do around 25-30 total sets in each of my workouts. So that would put me somewhere in the 100g+ carb range. I am thinking about a roll of Sweettarts preworkout, which yield 39g of carbs, and then a Gatorade during my workout, which would yield 35g of carbs. This would put me in the ~75g range. I should most likely be able to easily get back into ketosis right?

How long before my workout should I ingest the carbs?

that would be a good place to start at. at lot of using a TKD is trial and error. you will have to see how much carbs you need to get in a good training session vs how those carbs effect your ability to stay in ketosis.

I would ingest the carbs directly before training so your insulin levels do not have enough chance to rise substantialy...

Back