• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

"KINSEY", the movie

John H.

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The movie: "KINSEY" is to be out November 17. It is the story of Dr. Alfred C. Kinsey and the Kinsey Institute for Sex Research. It discusses the groundbreaking research that was done by Dr. Kinsey and his Associates to answer the most basic questions of Human Beings regarding Sex. More information is on this site: www.indiana.edu/~kinsey/about/Kinsey_movie.html

Also, on ABC's PRIMETIME on the week of November 18 on Thursday they will be having a program devoted to Sex and Sexuality.

More information about...

Here is another site that has more information about this movie for anyone interested: http://www.variagate.com/kinsey.htm

Dr. Kinsey was a fine Man and a Scientist and Researcher of the first order. He honestly tried to help everyone understand themselves and each other. Honestly so. Without prejudice. This world needs more Men like Dr. Kinsey.

More

On NBC's TODAY SHOW today (November 12, 2004) there was more information about this movie which is now showing. See it and see for yourself. View the movie as someone that is mature and adult and look at what it has to say with an open mind and objectively. Understand the need and necessity to understand about Sex - the most basic thing of Humanity.

Take Care, John H.

More information

Here is a partial list of some of what the Alfred C. Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex (at Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana) has published:

Under: KINSEY INSTITUTE SERIES:

ADOLESCENCE AND PUBERTY; ed. by John Bancroft (1990)

AIDS AND SEX: AN INTEGRATED BIOMEDICAL AND BIOBEHAVORIAL APPROACH; ed. by Bruce Voeller (1990)

HOMOSEXUALITY/HETEROSEXUALITY: CONCEPTS OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION; Ed. by David P. McWhirter (1990)

MASCULINITY/FEMININITY: BASIC PERSPECTIVES; ed. by June M. Reinisch (1987)

RESEARCHING SEXUAL BEHAVIOR: METHODOLOGICAL ISSUES; ed. by John Bancroft (1997)

ROLE OF THEORY IN SEX RESEARCH; ed. by John Bancroft (2000)

SEXUAL DEVELOPMENT IN CHILDHOOD; ed. by John Bancroft (2003)

Under: INSTITUTE FOR SEX RESEARCH:

NEW DIRECTIONS IN SEX RESEARCH; ed. by Eli A. Rubinstein (1976)

SEX RESEARCH: STUDIES FROM THE KINSEY INSTITUTE; ed. by Martin S. Weinberg (1976)

SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN THE HUMAN FEMALE; by the Staff of the Institute for Sex Research, Indiana University, Alfred C. Kinsey....(et. al) (1998) (orig. pub. 1953)

SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN THE HUMAN MALE, by Dr. Alfred C. Kinsey (and others) (1998) (orig. pub. 1948)

STUDIES IN SEX AND SOCIETY; sponsored by the Institute for Sex Research, Indiana University (19uu)

BIBLIOGRAPHY OF AFRICANA IN THE INSTITUTE FOR SEX RESEARCH, INDIANA UNIVERSITY, by Roger B. Beck (1979)

HOMOSEXUALITIES: A STUDY OF DIVERSITY AMONG MEN AND WOMEN, by Alan P. Bell (1978)

SEXUAL NOMENCLATURE: A THESAURUS; compiled by JoAnn Brooks (1976)

KINSEY DATA: MARGINAL TABULATIONS OF THE 1938-1963 INTERVIEWS CONDUCTED BY THE INSTITUTE FOR SEX RESEARCH, by Paul H. Gebbard (1998) (orig. pub. 1979)

PREGNANCY, BIRTH, AND ABORTION, by Paul H. Gebhard (1976) (orig. pub. 1958)

SEX OFFENDERS: AN ANALYSIS OF TYPES, by Paul H. Gebhard (1965)

SEX RESEARCH: BIBLIOIGRAPHIES FROM THE INSTITUTE FOR SEX RESEARCH, compiled by Joan S. Brewer (1979)

For more information about the Alfred C. Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction at Indiana University go to their website: www.indiana.edu/~kinsey

About the publication dates of these items - REMEMBER - research in Sex takes a long time and is a lot of work by dedicated scientists if done properly and methodically and accurately. It is not possible to publish new information on a yearly basis and it does take a lot of effort to compile data in research...

Take Care, John H.

An additional title

Here is another title in the books researched and written by the Alfred C. Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex:

SEXUAL PREFERENCE: ITS DEVELOPMENT IN MEN AND WOMEN, by Alan P. Bell, and others (Indiana University Press) (in two volumes)

Take Care, John H.

For more information about the movie:

For more information about the movie see:

http://web.ask.com/web?=q=Kinsey,+the+movie&qsrc=O&o=O
(When you click on to this above and you get ask.com type in "Kinsey, the movie" in the space provided and locations for more information will appear...

and

http://movies.myway.com/summaries/43566.html

If you have not seen the movie it is worth your time and expense if you really want to learn honestly about Sex and Sexuality and Humanity.

Take Care, John H.

Why are you so fucking GAY!?!?:attitude:

John H. said:
Here is another site that has more information about this movie for anyone interested: http://www.variagate.com/kinsey.htm

Dr. Kinsey was a fine Man and a Scientist and Researcher of the first order. He honestly tried to help everyone understand themselves and each other. Honestly so. Without prejudice. This world needs more Men like Dr. Kinsey.
Is that why he and his research assistants protected a child rapist? you know the guy who first had heterosexual sex with his paternal grandmother, then homosexual sex with his father. to top it all off this guy documents the many sexual encounters he had with little immigrant boys and then gives his journals of it to kinsey. what did kinsey do? he uses the information as the basis for a portion of his work instead of turning it over to the police. i guess he felt the information was too valueable. that sounds like "a fine Man and a Scientist and Researcher of the first order" to me. this guy is about as ethical as the german doctors performing experiments on the jews in World War 2

bio-chem said:
Is that why he and his research assistants protected a child rapist? you know the guy who first had heterosexual sex with his paternal grandmother, then homosexual sex with his father. to top it all off this guy documents the many sexual encounters he had with little immigrant boys and then gives his journals of it to kinsey. what did kinsey do? he uses the information as the basis for a portion of his work instead of turning it over to the police. i guess he felt the information was too valueable. that sounds like "a fine Man and a Scientist and Researcher of the first order" to me. this guy is about as ethical as the german doctors performing experiments on the jews in World War 2

Bio,

In your quest to damn people please check into every aspect. Be open minded about what you do.

Dr. Alfred Kinsey DID NOT EVER condone what was done. He was a researcher of the first order. A scientist. He was looking for the truth and accuratley and completely so. He recognized that there is variety - variation - in ALL things. That was an important part of his work. He wanted the facts to speak for themselves and he recognized the importance of getting things straight and accurate. Was he a perfect person - no one is. But he DID the best he could given the circumstances and the times. He wanted to help all people and give them the tools to do that for themselves..

Look to the website that has more information about Dr. Kinsey and his work: www.indiana.edu/~kinsey/

AFTER you have found ALL information about the man you can certainly judge him on the totality of his work and its importance.

John H.

John H.

John H. said:
Bio,

In your quest to damn people please check into every aspect. Be open minded about what you do.

Dr. Alfred Kinsey DID NOT EVER condone what was done. He was a researcher of the first order. A scientist. He was looking for the truth and accuratley and completely so. He recognized that there is variety - variation - in ALL things. That was an important part of his work. He wanted the facts to speak for themselves and he recognized the importance of getting things straight and accurate. Was he a perfect person - no one is. But he DID the best he could given the circumstances and the times. He wanted to help all people and give them the tools to do that for themselves..

Look to the website that has more information about Dr. Kinsey and his work: www.indiana.edu/~kinsey/

AFTER you have found ALL information about the man you can certainly judge him on the totality of his work and its importance.

John H.

John H.
my original post still stands. you did not adress the concern this guy helped pedophiles. as a scientist myself im also aware self control must be applied to ones work in regards to ethics, and this guy clearly broke the boundries. john you are so quick to condemn the catholic church for harboring known pedophiles, yet you aparently condone it when this guy publishes a book supporting your views. Remember the old addage john "silence denotes consent." by not going to the police, dr kinsey enabled a known child rapist of hundreds to continue doing the horible things he did to children. but i guess its ok because it was in the name of science? by supporting his work your supporting his methods john. you are aquiesceing to the rape of those children all over again.

IML Gear Cream!
bio-chem said:
my original post still stands. you did not adress the concern this guy helped pedophiles. as a scientist myself im also aware self control must be applied to ones work in regards to ethics, and this guy clearly broke the boundries. john you are so quick to condemn the catholic church for harboring known pedophiles, yet you aparently condone it when this guy publishes a book supporting your views. Remember the old addage john "silence denotes consent." by not going to the police, dr kinsey enabled a known child rapist of hundreds to continue doing the horible things he did to children. but i guess its ok because it was in the name of science? by supporting his work your supporting his methods john. you are aquiesceing to the rape of those children all over again.

Bio,

You are a very closed mind person. And very narrow-minded. You fail to see the whole - the entirety of things and place your brain and yourself in a prison and throw away the key. You will never be truly successful as a researcher or a scientist as long as you continue down this road you are putting yourself on. And you are wasting your time and that of others. How do you ever expect to LEARN with such a closed mind? LEARNING REQUIRES a person to LOOK OPENLY AT ALL THINGS ALL THE TIME OBJECTIVELY.

Dr. Kinsey and his Associates DID NOT "...(help) pedophiles" in the manner in which you would have others believe he did. They NEVER CONDONED the abuse of children at all by anyone anytime EVER. All you are trying to do is perpetuate what "religious types" would like others to believe.

You say you are a "scientist" - I wonder really. I highly doubt any work you would attempt to do because you certainly display your ability to have a very closed mind and UNWILLINGNESS to open it even a crack.

Have you ever actually read Dr. Kinsey's works? The whole books? And the background of that research. Have you ever researched what he did and why? Do you know the purposes behind his research?

In order to BE a scientist and BE a researcher a person MUST divorce themselves from their preconceived notions, their personal hatred and/or bigotry, their personal views, etc. and LOOK at ALL SIDES of EVERYTHING WITH A COMPLETELY OPEN MIND and consider ALL information from ALL perspectives and ALL sources ALL the time. To do otherwise they will never be successful as a researcher or a scientist.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO USE for anyone who would abuse a child in any manner any time and any form EVER.

John H.

John H. said:
I have ABSOLUTELY NO USE for anyone who would abuse a child in any manner any time and any form EVER.

John H.
And yet you support someone who was intrigued by it???

Archangel said:
And yet you support someone who was intrigued by it???

Archangel,

Do not put words into my mouth or have others think I would ever condone the abuse of anyone.

But then I have to remember that is what religious zealots do all the time.

John H.

John H. said:
Archangel,

Do not put words into my mouth or have others think I would ever condone the abuse of anyone.

But then I have to remember that is what religious zealots do all the time.

John H.
I did no such thing!!! You are badmouthing people and criticizing religous poeple who are not in support of a sick and demented person such as Kinsey. It IS YOU who appears to condone that in your defense of him :(

Archangel said:
I did no such thing!!! You are badmouthing people and criticizing religous poeple who are not in support of a sick and demented person such as Kinsey. It IS YOU who appears to condone that in your defense of him :(

Archangel,

I am always against others who badmouth someone especially of Dr. Kinsey's educational background and ability as a person, scientist and researcher. I UNDERSTAND perfectly what he was trying to do and the why behind it all. It makes perfect sense and IS the only way anyone gets ANSWERS that are honest, complete, accurate, etc.

Dr. Kinsey, his Associates, and I NEVER condone the abuse of ANYONE for ANY REASON. I am sure I can speak for myself and I am sure I can speak for them as well based on the work they did and the kind of people they were and are.

Take Care, John H.

John H. said:
Archangel,

I am always against others who badmouth someone especially of Dr. Kinsey's educational background and ability as a person, scientist and researcher. I UNDERSTAND perfectly what he was trying to do and the why behind it all. It makes perfect sense and IS the only way anyone gets ANSWERS that are honest, complete, accurate, etc.

Dr. Kinsey, his Associates, and I NEVER condone the abuse of ANYONE for ANY REASON. I am sure I can speak for myself and I am sure I can speak for them as well based on the work they did and the kind of people they were and are.

Take Care, John H.
Holy Freaking Crap......Another thread I am done with....

fantasma62 said:
Holy Freaking Crap......Another thread I am done with....
Ditto!!!

John H. said:
Archangel,

Take Care, John H.
his educational background? he was an entemologist. his background was in bugs you idiot. and he did protect a child rapist just like i said, that bit of information came directly from the pbs documentary you are trying to tell everyone is so great. or did you miss that part in your close-minded cloud of ignorance and hatred.:yell: <---(representation of john who cant hear the truth because he is too busy spouting ignorance)

Lucifer, can you please take him away?

bio-chem said:
his educational background? he was an entemologist. his background was in bugs you idiot. and he did protect a child rapist just like i said, that bit of information came directly from the pbs documentary you are trying to tell everyone is so great. or did you miss that part in your close-minded cloud of ignorance and hatred.:yell: <---(representation of john who cant hear the truth because he is too busy spouting ignorance)

Bio,

Dr. Kinsey was Professor of Zoology at Indiana University. His speciality was Entomology (You being a University student, you might want to check your spelling of this word unless you just made a "typo"). He was a world reknown expert on the Gull Wasp. That research started before he began teaching as a Professor at Indiana University. He graduated from Harvard University - with honors if I remember right. He was one of the first Eagle Scouts in the Boy Scouts of America an honor he earned rightfully. He was married - very happily so - and had children - four if I remember right. His family loved him and he loved them. He was very dedicated and saw scientific research as a serious business. He felt that any of the work he did be as free from error as is humanly possible, accurate and complete as possible, thorough as possible and that THAT RESEARCH HELP OTHERS for the common good of ALL people. To BE credible and ultimately good at what you do, especially as an educator, scientist, and researcher, you would want to be. Your name and your reputation rests on the work you do and how you do it. He knew that for sure. All his life and all the work he did he worked very hard to that end. And he was as honest and sincere as is possible. Was he perfect? No one is. And he never said he was. Was he a human being - absolutely. And, as with any human being, made his share of mistakes.

The child rapist you speak of - Kenneth S. Green - Dr. Kinsey did not know of until around 1944 (Dr. Kinsey's - and his Associates' first volume on the SEXUAL BEHAVIOR OF THE HUMAN MALE was published in 1948 and took years to write) when the man himself was in his sixties and not long before the man died.

With regard to Kenneth Green and Dr. Kinsey's use of material Green gathered I quote from this book: SEX-THE MEASURE OF ALL THINGS; A Life of Alfred C. Kinsey, by Jonathan Gathorne-Hardy (Bloomington, Indiana, Indiana University Press, 2000):

"*His use of Green's findings formed the basis of recent attacks on Kinsey so scurrilious and shoddy in manner (equating him with Mengele for instance) and so ludicrous in argument - ignoring the fact that all the material was collected many years before Kinsey had even heard of Green - that it neither deserves nor requires refutation. It seems that the religious Right in America attributes all the liberal development of the last fifty-odd years, which it so hates, to Kinsey and thinks that if it can destroy Kinsey everything it hates will vanish..." (page 223). See the whole book and see what is written therein about this and the WHOLE of the matter not just parts of it.

Read this book and others from ALL perspectives. READ COMPLETELY AND THOROUGHLY each of his books (SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN THE HUMAN MALE and SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN THE HUMAN FEMALE) (originally published 1948 and 1953 respectively) and those of the Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction (Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana). SEE ALL POINTS OF VIEW. View the movie, view the Documentary in THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE series which is available from www.pbs.org

Go to the website: www.indiana.edu/~kinsey/

This site goes into more detail and answers questions with regard to Dr. Kinsey's research and the research of the Institute for Sex, Gender and Reproduction at Indiana University.

From SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN THE HUMAN MALE, By Dr. Alfred Kinsey and Associates, Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders Company, 1948; reprinted by Indiana University Press, 1998):

"Seen from the four points of the compass a great mountain may present aspects that are very different one from the other - so different that bitter disagreements can arise between those who have watched the mountain, truly and well, through all the seasons, but each from a different quarter. Reality, too, has many facets - some too readily disputed or denied by those who rely only on their own experience. Nor can science itself rightly lay claim to finality or the complete comprehension of reality, but only to honesty and accuracy of the additional facets it may be permitted to discover and report. I say "may be permitted" since the human race is familiar with the supression of truth in both small matters and great. The history of science is part of the history of the freedom to observe, to reflect, to experiment, to record, and to bear witness. It has been a perilous and a passionate history indeed, and not yet ended.
Living creatures possess three basic characteristics or capacities - growth, adaptation, and reproduction. In human biology, the reproductive function has been the least and the last studied, scientifically... Among these studies the findings of Dr. Alfred C. Kinsey and his associates at Indiana University deserve attention for their extent, their thoroughness, and their dispassionate objectivity. Dr. Kinsey has studied sex phenomena of human beings as a biologist would examine biological phenomena, and the evidence he has secured is presented from the scientist's viewpoint, without moral bias or prejudice derived from current taboos.

Certainly no aspect of human biology in our current civilization stands in more need of scientific knowledge and courageous humility than that of sex. The history of medicine proves that in so far as man seeks to know himself and face his whole nature, he has become free from bewildered fear, despondent shame, or arrant hypocrisy. As long as sex is dealth with in the current confusion of ignorance and sophistication, denial and indulgence, supression and stimulation, punishment and exploitation, secrecy and display, it will be associated with a duplicity and indecency that lead neither to intellectual honesty or human dignity.

These studies are sincere, objective, and determined explorations of a field manifestly important to education, medicine, government, and the integrity of human conduct generally. They have demanded from Dr. Kinsey and his colleagues very unusual tenacity of purpose, tolerance, analytical competence, social skills, and real courage. I hope that the reader will match the authors with an equal and appropriate measure of cool attention, courageous judgment, and scientific equanimity." - Alan Gregg (The Medical Sciences, Rockefeller Foundation, Nw York City) from the Preface, pages v-vi.

Dr. Kinsey's works have stood the test of time. They have been under EXTREME scrutiny which he knew they would be. He expected that and wanted that scrutiny. As did his Associates. They understood especially the more they did their research what the end result would be. They desired and worked very hard to be very credible and accurate and complete and honest. They presented the facts as they were gathered without prejudice and bias.

John H.

IML Gear Cream!
If I were Dr. Kinsey I would get a fucking restraining order against you! Man, you are such a flaming psychopath! You have some major issues John H. The only doctor you need to pay any attention to is the one you are talking to from the couch you nutty bastard!

"world renown expert in the gull wasp" meaning like 12 people in the whole world new his name. hardly the creditials i would look for in a man to study sexuality. john the truth is if someone should wait to form an opinion only after they had studied all of kinseys books and then all of the books written about him, no one would have time for anything else that is actually productive. good luck with your psycho-babbel agenda though. i really feel its working to bring people to a greater understanding of your point of view. no wait thats not right, i meant against your point of view. ha ha ha

Newt said:
If I were Dr. Kinsey I would get a fucking restraining order against you! Man, you are such a flaming psychopath! You have some major issues John H. The only doctor you need to pay any attention to is the one you are talking to from the couch you nutty bastard!

Newt,

As in Gingrich?

I see you are from Texas. (If I remember right, isn't that the state that wanted to put a Man to death for a crime they did NOT commit even though it was PROVEN the Man was innocent and because the state had "gone through the process the fact that the Man was innocent did not matter, he was 'found guilty' so they were going to fry him anyway). I think the heat in Texas is affecting your thinking.

READ the books for yourself in their ENTIRETY. You will see then why I have come to the conclusions I have. DO your own homework and while you are at it, OPEN up your mind to ALL viewpoints. You can still have your thoughts but hopefully they will be based on ALL sides of a topic and NOT "just yours". To do otherwise YOU put YOURSELF in a mental prison and throw away the key. I do realize there are some who like this type of "masochism" however. Maybe you.

John H.

bio-chem said:
"world renown expert in the gull wasp" meaning like 12 people in the whole world new his name. hardly the creditials i would look for in a man to study sexuality. john the truth is if someone should wait to form an opinion only after they had studied all of kinseys books and then all of the books written about him, no one would have time for anything else that is actually productive. good luck with your psycho-babbel agenda though. i really feel its working to bring people to a greater understanding of your point of view. no wait thats not right, i meant against your point of view. ha ha ha

Bio,

Dr. Kinsey's expertise on the Gull Wasp was just one of his accomplishments. Not all. You being a "biology major" (if I remember correctly) should have some kind of understanding in this matter I would hope.

Perhaps one day someone else can say this ABOUT YOU. Who knows, I would think based on YOUR work and how you accomplish ...

I wonder exactly what it is you are actually going to study. And your methodology. And what kind of conclusions you will arrive at after doing your research. And what kind of research you will do.

You really sound like a type of person that thinks ONLY YOU know anything and ONLY YOU can speak. I stand completely by what I have said. And there are a lot of others who agree with me. Now if that "rocks your boat" because of the WAY YOU "LEARNED" what you have "learned" so be it.

Exactly what is it you are doing in college specifically and what are your intentions with what you gain from having gone there and hopefully earn a degree?

John H.

bio-chem said:

Bio,

READ YOURSELF - COMPLETELY AND ACCURATELY - BOTH of Dr. Kinsey's works: SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN THE HUMAN MALE (1948) and SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IN THE HUMAN FEMALE (1953) - both republished 1998 by Indiana University Press. Also read ALL about and from ALL sides of the controversary.

Look here too for Indiana University KINSEY INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH IN SEX, GENDER AND REPRODUCTION's statements regarding Dr. Kinsey and the research done and some of the controversary:

http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/about/controversy 2.htm

Get the facts from ALL sides to the story before you make any judgments. Never just one side. If you are truly studying biology in college you will have to learn to develop this skill yourself - to BE OBJECTIVE and OPEN-MINDED - or you will never be successful yourself and would then be wasting your time and that of the Professors who are trying to teach you.

John H.

Whats your obsession with this Kinsey fella over?I looked up some of the threads yave started and out of 36 only 3 were in the training forum, most the rest were sexual health.Most the posts ya make are weird, bizarre crap relating to perverts or sex or Kinsey and the responses ya get usually imply most people think theyre weird and annoying(and that people think your a jackass).Are ya some sorta loser whos lookin to piss off everyone and waste their time and fill the place with spam?Or do ya need attention?Get a life.

Ehh, no offence

john boy i said i was a bio-chemistry major. you think with the name bio-chem it wouldnt be hard to figure out. the funniest thing about your post john boy is that everything you just accused me of is the exact thing everyone accusses you of on multiple occasions, yet you seem to ignore them. the thing is i might believe your opinion about me if multiple people repeatedly accused me of this, however your the only one who has, and its pretty obvious to everyone but yourself that your posts are a joke.
the thing is im a very well read individual from everything from economics to classical literature, and john boy there are so many worth while books that i wouldnt even begin to waste my time by reading both of kinseys books. ive researched enough of kinsey, including watching the pbs documentary of him twice, i have come to the conclusion kinsey was an immoral man whose research hurt more than it helped. the fact is the man was a cutter. as a masochist i hardly find the man as someone we should look to for knowelege of sexuality. he had severe mental problems. at our very best we should pitty him.
and i love how you always question someones education as a defence when someone doesnt agree with you. the only conclusion i can come to is you were rejected by higher education and are jealous to the point you feel you need to cover up your pain by telling yourself and others someone isnt better than you just because they went to college. and the truth is john boy we are not better than you because we have gone or are going to college. we are better than you because of what we did to get into college and what we will do with it when we get out.

I don't mean to get off subject but we should start a poll in Open Chat to see who gets more hits in the threads they make up. :hehe: I see 3 that are neck and neck right now: Vieope, Johnnny, and John H. What do you think? :grin:

my vote would be for john h, but the thing is for everyone that takes off he has 3 that fails so i hard to say

Back