• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Trying to bulk up

frostyballz

Blonde buff dude
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Here is my eating schedule. I am 22, male, 160, 10%bf (using plastic calipers, don't know if there accurate, bought them at nutrition.com) I have a meduim build and I am trying to gain about 10-20 pounds. Any commets would be helpful.

Meal 1- 1 cup steel cut oats
3 tbsp. rice bran
2 tbsp. flax oil
1/2 protein drink ( 23g.) with glutamine

Meal 2- 1/2 cup rice or 1 bag popcorn
35g. of veggies and fruit
1 tbsp. flax oil
1/2 can tuna

Meal 3- 1 serving of Fettuccine with Healthy Choice sauce
1/2 grapefruit
1/2 protein drink with glutamine

After Workout meal- 1/2 steel cut oats
1 serving Fettuccine with sauce
1/2 protein drink with glutamine
1/2 can tuna

Meal 5- 1 egg, 6 egg whites
1/2 protein drink

Meal 6- 1/2 can tuna and 2 egg whites or
1 egg and 4 egg whites

Not bad...I think you'd do a lot better if you had a whole serving of protein at each meal instead of half...what's w/ that?

The popcorn IMO, is a waste of a good feeding opportunity of good quality carbs. Meals 5 & 6 certainly need more protein and fat.

your complex carb intake is to low. I suggest a 30/50/20-p/c/f when bulking.

Complex carbs provide a continuous energy supply which is very important to maintain the blood sugar level at a constant level to prevent protein from being transformed into energy. I would also use a higher quality proteins other than tuna if your budget allows.

I agree with LAM, up your good carbs (eat like a pig) @ 22 you metabolism should still be very high. And yes dump the popcorn/rice for a good ole huge grilled chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, and cheese (maybe some safflower mayo too)..... YUM !!

TJohn

I split my protein before and after my workout so i'm getting protein from a couple different sources. I think i'll just drink a full protein drink in the morning and cut it out of meal 5. How much more protein and fat should I add to 5&6?
How many more complex carbs should I add? Right now I'm eating about 325g. of carbs, 225g. of protein, and maybe about 50g. of fat, maybe. I was told to try and eat all your carbs by at least 4 p.m. ,unless you work out late, so they don't turn to fat. I could probably substitute some fish and chicken breast in there a couple of times a week. My budget is kind of low, thats why i use tuna. The stuff is so cheap and quick to make.

When bulking some gain in body fat is inevitable if you want to put on any sizeable amount of LBM. To get the best gains you must eat complex carbs all day for the reasons that I stated above.

Thx, I have no problem eating like a pig. I think I'll make me one of those chicken sandwiches tonight.:yes:

Originally posted by frostyballz
Thx, I have no problem eating like a pig. I think I'll make me one of those chicken sandwiches tonight.:yes:

Grill it..... eat it :thumb:

TJohn

Back