• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anybody here find out they're an introvert?

IML Gear Cream!
INJT:coffee:

Do you mean INTJ? If so, we scored the same thing. We're a regular couple'a coffee swillin twinkies up in this bitch. I take umbrage at being referred to as a "mastermind". Sounds like way too much responsibility.:coffee:

Fuck Briggs Myers. Those questions are retarded. Over half of them I can't answer with a yes or no.
Usually they have a facilitator that helps with the test. It is difficult if you are not used to those types of questions. One hint is to answer without your occupation in mind. Our jobs force us to be on time or work in a detailed fashion (most of the time) so our thinking about our occupations may skew the results. Try answering the questions without thinking of your job demands.

See if this profile resonates with you. If 90% of it seems accurate you likely tested correctly.

INTJ Profile

You are almost never late for your appointments
What kind of appointments? I am never late for work or family engagements, but I might be late to meet a friend or a dentist appointment.

You feel involved when watching TV soaps
How should I know, I don't watch TV

You are usually the first to react to a sudden event:
the telephone ringing or unexpected question

Please better define a sudden event. Technically, every event in your day is a sudden event. If the phone rings, I might not even answer the mother fucker if I'm not in the mood to talk to on the phone. If a person asked a question, who are they talking to when they ask it? Is it a stranger asking a group of strangers what time it is or is it a teacher asking a class the answer to a question? The circumstances of the situation determine the answer. It might be yes or it might be no.

You are more interested in a general idea than in the details of its realization
I am interested in both, it depends on what you are considering. Sometimes you have to understand the details to understand the big picture. Sometimes you get lost in details and have to take a step back to look at the big picture.

You often do jobs in a hurry
WTF! It all depends on the deadline. How long will whatever I am doing take, and do I have enough time to do it in determines the answer to that.

You value justice higher than mercy
It depends on the person and what they did. I don't value one over the other because they are both important.

Do you see how this is going for me? I basically hit a roadblock on half of the questions, not to mention I am bi-polar as fuck and my answers could easily change from one day to the next depending on what kind of fucking mood I'm in.

You are almost never late for your appointments
What kind of appointments? I am never late for work or family engagements, but I might be late to meet a friend or a dentist appointment.

You feel involved when watching TV soaps
How should I know, I don't watch TV

You are usually the first to react to a sudden event:
the telephone ringing or unexpected question

Please better define a sudden event. Technically, every event in your day is a sudden event. If the phone rings, I might not even answer the mother fucker if I'm not in the mood to talk to on the phone. If a person asked a question, who are they talking to when they ask it? Is it a stranger asking a group of strangers what time it is or is it a teacher asking a class the answer to a question? The circumstances of the situation determine the answer. It might be yes or it might be no.

You are more interested in a general idea than in the details of its realization
I am interested in both, it depends on what you are considering. Sometimes you have to understand the details to understand the big picture. Sometimes you get lost in details and have to take a step back to look at the big picture.

You often do jobs in a hurry
WTF! It all depends on the deadline. How long will whatever I am doing take, and do I have enough time to do it in determines the answer to that.

You value justice higher than mercy
It depends on the person and what they did. I don't value one over the other because they are both important.

Do you see how this is going for me? I basically hit a roadblock on half of the questions, not to mention I am bi-polar as fuck and my answers could easily change from one day to the next depending on what kind of fucking mood I'm in.
LOL, you quoted my post to the other guys. Looks like directions are not your thing =)

I'm definitely an introvert. I always have been. As a kid, when others would come over to my house to play, I would do so until I got tired of them them went back into the house and left them all outside playing on my swing set.

Bars and parties aren't my thing either. If I do go, I usually don't say much and stay to myself or with someone I know. I'd rather just go to a movie with someone or even by myself. I have tried many times over the years to try to change myself, but it's who I am so, what you see is what you get and I won't apologize for it. Just because I may be introverted doesn't mean I don't cut loose and have fun. I tend to be more selective about when, where and with who. Sometimes I'll throw people a curve and be just the opposite.

People tend to make the mistake to see introverts as lacking confidence. Actually, it's just the opposite. We don't require confirmation or approval from others and being introverted has it's advantages, but also it's drawbacks.

It took my stepchildren a looong time to realize that if I wasn't talking or off by myself, I wasn't angry or moody, I just needed some time to myself to decompress or assess things. Unfortunately, my (ex)wife could never accept it. Being an introvert has cost me opportunities to advance in my career but most importantly, my marriage.

Ironically, this post is probably the most extroverted I've been in weeks... lol

I'm definitely an introvert. I always have been. As a kid, when others would come over to my house to play, I would do so until I got tired of them them went back into the house and left them all outside playing on my swing set.

Bars and parties aren't my thing either. If I do go, I usually don't say much and stay to myself or with someone I know. I'd rather just go to a movie with someone or even by myself. I have tried many times over the years to try to change myself, but it's who I am so, what you see is what you get and I won't apologize for it. Just because I may be introverted doesn't mean I don't cut loose and have fun. I tend to be more selective about when, where and with who. Sometimes I'll throw people a curve and be just the opposite.

People tend to make the mistake to see introverts as lacking confidence. Actually, it's just the opposite. We don't require confirmation or approval from others and being introverted has it's advantages, but also it's drawbacks.

It took my stepchildren a looong time to realize that if I wasn't talking or off by myself, I wasn't angry or moody, I just needed some time to myself to decompress or assess things. Unfortunately, my (ex)wife could never accept it. Being an introvert has cost me opportunities to advance in my career but most importantly, my marriage.

Ironically, this post is probably the most extroverted I've been in weeks... lol
wow, i can relate so much to this post. it's like we are aware of how being introverted hurts us, but no matter what we can't force ourselves to open up to others every single day. some days being around people is not so bad, but other days i just want to put on a mask and be invisible lol.

it's difficult to express myself without someone asking me a question or inquiring about what i am doing, otherwise i won't start the conversation. makes having lasting relationships difficult. i have gone entire days without talking. srs.

I have social anxiety, that is why I like it here. You can interact with people without being around them. My wife is super social, she makes me go to things in hope that I will be more comfortable. It was worse when I was larger, people for some reason gravitate towards you. It's really bad now with the baby, when we go places everyone wants to see her, I just sometimes want to go the other direction.

I'm ok at home when people are here as long as it is not to many or if it is just family. But I could just stay home with the wife and baby and my dogs and be content. I don't socialize at the gym, not even at work much. I can be friendly, but not social.

I have taken this test a few times. I score an ISTP

Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

The main issue with the five factor tests like these is that they only take into account five factors of the human personality. The main criticism of these kinds of tests is that they do not measure all elements of human personality. Also, the point brought up earlier about the questions being general is also valid. The Likert scale tests take this into account, and provide five levels of agreement, from always agree to always disagree. Finally, self-report tests are always suspect because they depend on the honesty and ability to accurately self-analyze on the part of the subject. All that being said, they can give a general picture of personality for some people.

Last edited:
The main issue with the five factor tests like these is that they only take into account five factors of the human personality. The main criticism of these kinds of tests is that they do not measure all elements of human personality. Also, the point brought up earlier about the questions being general is also valid. The Likert scale tests take this into account, and provide five levels of agreement, from always agree to always disagree. Finally, self-report tests are always suspect because they depend on the honesty and ability to accurately self-analyze on the part of the subject. All that being said, they can give a general picture of personality for some people.
What 5 factors are you posting about?

wasn't Carl Jung a follower of Sigmund Freud? The test is issued with five grains of salt to be administered accordingly.

wasn't Carl Jung a follower of Sigmund Freud? The test is issued with five grains of salt to be administered accordingly.

LOL,

Various typologies were based on Jung's work. Myers Briggs (a mother and daughter) used Jung's work to extrapolate the MBTI. 16 types based on 4 dichotomies. So four grains of salt. =)

No, he was a follower of Freud in his early career, but they had a massive falling out due to their differing approaches the to human psyche. For most of Jung's life he was very different than Freud. Very different innovators.

Freud was much more black and white in approaching the psyche. Jung was not so quick to appoint the blue prints of the psyche in definite terms.

I'm a big Jung fan, and I find he never had an agenda or radical ideas. He is often skeptical and doubtful in the description of his own ideas, leaving room for improvement.

BTW, these tests are simple assessments. There is only so much an inert test can tell you.

Do you mean INTJ? If so, we scored the same thing. We're a regular couple'a coffee swillin twinkies up in this bitch. I take umbrage at being referred to as a "mastermind". Sounds like way too much responsibility.:coffee:

But waiting and planning 15 steps ahead is fun as you watch them wiggle like a worm on a hook:coffee:

I've taken the Briggs Meyers a coupla times. It's weird how your personality can evolve over time. In my teens, I was pretty much an introvert. I was an INTJ, I think. I can't remember the categories exactly. But, I had to take the test again later on, when I was a private banker and forced to work with the pubic everyday. I was an ESTJ; not sure if I'm using the right acronym.

Nowadays, I'm sort of a mix. I tend to maintain a few close friendships, but have a pretty good network of acquaintances and when in a large group of new people, I'm the type who never meets a stranger. I can't help but walk up and shoot the shit with people. I find it energizing to meet new/different types of folks. In fact, I find it irritating when I run into people with whom making conversation is like pulling teeth. That's one thing that has been frustrating about living in China. I often find myself in situations where I'd like to shoot the shit with people, but the language barrier makes it difficult.

wow, i can relate so much to this post. it's like we are aware of how being introverted hurts us, but no matter what we can't force ourselves to open up to others every single day. some days being around people is not so bad, but other days i just want to put on a mask and be invisible lol.

it's difficult to express myself without someone asking me a question or inquiring about what i am doing, otherwise i won't start the conversation. makes having lasting relationships difficult. i have gone entire days without talking. srs.
Yup yup. I know exactly what you're talking about! So good to see a lot of people here are introverts. Makes me feel more normal now lol :)

Yup, dating was easy. Just listened to her all the time.

She studied personalities so she had me figured out in a couple of dates. Her dad is a strong introvert. We fit perfectly.
That's interesting...I always thought marrying an extrovert would be a living hell! How do you deal with it? Is an extrovert the best match for an introvert? Wouldn't 2 introverts be heaven on earth?

Just took Myer Briggs and I'm INTJ. Also a type 5 Ennegream. Interesting stuff!

For you married introvert brahs, are you married to extrovert or introvert? Which type is best?

I was introverted while young...Didn't understand other kids much.
Then I got older and through highschool/early college was extremely extroverted.
Like in your face extroverted....
But then I started doing drugs and reading philosophy and became quite introverted again.
I realized that most people are just incredibly shallow.

Lately I have been bored and lonely so I'm becoming more extroverted again just to get out of the house.

INTJ

This reminds me of when I was a kid. My mom tried to get me to "talk more":

"Trying to ???turn??? an introverted person into an extroverted person is detrimental because it gives off a subtle suggestion that there is something wrong with them, hampering their self worth and esteem when there is absolutely nothing wrong in the first place."

INTJ

This reminds me of when I was a kid. My mom tried to get me to "talk more":

"Trying to ???turn??? an introverted person into an extroverted person is detrimental because it gives off a subtle suggestion that there is something wrong with them, hampering their self worth and esteem when there is absolutely nothing wrong in the first place."

Oh man. Mine was worse. I had a parent teacher conference when I was in second grade because my teacher noticed I didn't talk as much as the other kids. I think they were worried I was some sort of freak. I seriously thought they would put me in some mental institution...

Quick question for introverts here. what kind of jobs do you have? Looking for a good paying career with as little interaction with other people as possible.

Back