• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

becoming worn down

biggunz

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been training for a while, hardcore training each body part once durning the week. I have been training mon- fri with heavy weights. I was having great progress for a while and then I hit a plateou. I did eveything I could to break the through it. I increased my food, my glutamine, and creatine. I even started to take swolev2 and nothing. I switched up the way I worked out for a little bit and nothing. When I trained yesterday all my lifts were down really bad- It was like something had happened where I became extra weak. I know some days you have bad days but this was just awful and has almost become a trend. Any advice at all would be great. What should I do?

It sounds like it`s time to give your body a rest, when was the last time you took a week or so off? Also you could try cutting your volume down to 3 or 4 times a week 45-60 minutes per workout and you may also try getting a little more sleep each night. It is possible that you are overtraining and the rest may be what your body needs the most right now.

I agree with Shmoo. I felt a little like that and took a good week off. Came back and all my lifts were up and felt great. You need to rest to grow and recover. It is hard to take that time off though!
Nathan

I've done the Monday-Friday thing and it was too much, both physically and mentally. Is there any way that you could workout on the weekend? Then you could go 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off. You'd still be training 5 days a week, but the day off in the middle would give you a chance to recuperate.

I'm on a four day split right now,... and i know exactly what you mean. Not only have i plateued, but im losing strength in alot of things.

instead of a week off i chose to train for endurance for one week.
(high reps, lighter weight)

will this work just as well?

-also, how often do most of you take a week off?

I'm taking the month of Dec off.

My progress pics are going to look NASTY

:grin:

I took about a month off and am now getting back at it. Actually I haven't lost any strength or size (I was doing a lot of physical activity as I moved so I think that may have a lot to do with it). I think sometimes you just need to take a break. I was reaching a plateau also and now I think I will be able to make more gains that my muscles are well rested.

5 days in a row is too much, rest days are essential for growth bud, no rest, no recovery, no progress. Its that simple.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by sentricyphen
I'm on a four day split right now,... and i know exactly what you mean. Not only have i plateued, but im losing strength in alot of things.

instead of a week off i chose to train for endurance for one week.
(high reps, lighter weight)

will this work just as well?

-also, how often do most of you take a week off?

That is not rest. All you are doing is changing things but the body is still working. Rest should mean some time off. Personally, one week about ever two months does me fine. I know people that take anywhere from a half week to a fell week off about once a month. Just depends. During my off week I may do some light cardio or I may just sit on my duff. Depends how I am feeling. The gym is as much a mental thing for me as it is a physical one. Take that time off though man. You ain't gonna shrink, don't worry.

Originally posted by gr81
5 days in a row is too much, rest days are essential for growth bud, no rest, no recovery, no progress. Its that simple.

Aren't his muscles getting 7 days of rest between individual workouts though?

his CNS isn't getting any rest... and most of the time just cuz you aren't targetting a body part, doesn't mean it isn't playing a role in the lift...

I did the Mon-Fri. thing for a while, and honestly it wore me the hell out. I would go to the gym, and by Thursday I would cut out early because I was so humiliated by my performance and morale. I suggest taking a week off to give yourself some rest and then come back with a new workout program. Changing your workout on a regular basis is also good. I always seem to get sore when im breaking into a new workout program. So I say take a week off and design yourself a new schedule. I too really like working out 5 days a week but I usually work out Mon. and Tues, take Wednesday off, workout Thursday and Friday and then if I need any extra work, Saturday.

i took a week off, went on vacation, after i got back i went up in every exercise significantly.

What is your resting heart rate?

How are you sleeping at night?

What is your blood pressure?

To ensure proper mental and physical recovery, for every set I do I make sure I drink an equivalent amount of beer over the weekend. :D

Anyway, answer the questions above.

Originally posted by biggunz
I have been training for a while, hardcore training each body part once durning the week. I have been training mon- fri with heavy weights. I was having great progress for a while and then I hit a plateou. I did eveything I could to break the through it. I increased my food, my glutamine, and creatine. I even started to take swolev2 and nothing. I switched up the way I worked out for a little bit and nothing. When I trained yesterday all my lifts were down really bad- It was like something had happened where I became extra weak. I know some days you have bad days but this was just awful and has almost become a trend. Any advice at all would be great. What should I do?

easy one, take a full week off from training, and when you start back again stay on a light cycle for about 4 weeks, do not train to failure, stay in the 10 rep range.

Back