• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gregzs on Movies & Entertainment

Nicolas Cage Is Out for Blood as Dracula on New Orleans Set of Renfield.

277349328_2178810282294861_5019704068479429198_n.jpg

Bruce Willis Retires

What is aphasia? Condition Bruce Willis was diagnosed with affects communication

On Wednesday, the family of action star Bruce Willis announced that the actor has been diagnosed with aphasia, causing him to step away from his career at the age of 67. Aphasia is medical condition that leaves patients struggling to understand language and communicate.

According to Mayo Clinic, aphasia can begin as trouble communicating. Someone with aphasia might have trouble finding the correct words, substitute the wrong words for each other or speak in short sentences that are difficult or impossible to understand. These issues are related to brain damage in the left side of the brain, which controls language, Johns Hopkins explains.

While its presentations can vary, aphasia is usually a symptom of a broader medical issue. It may result from a stroke, head injury or tumor, or develop due to a degenerative brain condition.

While potential drug therapies are being tested, the current treatment options are limited. Patients may undergo language and speech rehabilitation, which are focused on restoring as much language as possible, and finding other ways to communicate in order to replace language that is lost for good.

"Recovery of language skills is usually a relatively slow process," Mayo Clinic says. "Although most people make significant progress, few people regain full pre-injury communication levels."

In an Instagram post, Willis' family wrote that the condition "is impacting his cognitive abilities," but experts say aphasia is more accurately described as a language disorder than a cognitive illness.

"This is a really challenging time for our family and we are so appreciative of your continued love, compassion and support," Willis' family said in a statement. "We are moving through this as a strong family unit, and wanted to bring his fans in because we know how much he means to you, as you do to him."

Willis is best known for his starring role as John McClane in the "Die Hard" action franchise. He has appeared in dozens of films over a more than 40-year career, including "12 Monkey," "Moonrise Kingdom" and "Pulp Fiction," and the popular 1980s TV series "Moonlighting."

‘Sixth Sense’ star Haley Joel Osment’s tribute to ‘true legend’ Bruce Willis

I see love, people.

Haley Joel Osment still holds his “Sixth Sense” costar Bruce Willis in the highest regard.

Osment, 33, shared a beautiful tribute to the 67-year-old action legend following news of the latter’s aphasia diagnosis and retirement from Hollywood.

“It’s been difficult to find the right words for someone I’ve always looked up to—first on the big screen, and then by some wild stroke of luck, in person,” Osment wrote alongside a throwback snap of the “Death Becomes Her” star on social media Thursday.

The “Pay It Forward” star added, “He’s a true legend who has enriched all of our lives with a singular career that spans nearly half a century.”

“I am so grateful for what I got to witness firsthand, and for the enormous body of work he built for us to enjoy for years and years to come,” he continued.

Osment concluded his touching statement by offering more kind words and heartfelt support: ‘”I just wanted to express the respect and deep admiration I have for Bruce and his family as they move forward with the courage and high spirits that have always defined them.”

Osment starred as a disturbed kid named Cole in the 1999 supernatural thriller “Sixth Sense.” Willis portrayed a child psychologist who attempts to help Cole navigate his ability to communicate with dead people.

“Sixth Sense” director M. Night Shyamalan also penned a tribute to Willis earlier this week.

“All my love and respect to my big brother Bruce Willis. I know his wonderful family is surrounding him with support and strength. He will always be that hero on that poster on my wall as kid,” the “Glass” filmmaker tweeted.

Osment previously discussed with The Post the film’s ever-lasting legacy and his career as a child star. He noted that hearing the drama’s iconic line — “I see dead people” — has become “easier” for him.

“That’s become easier as I’ve gotten older because I don’t look quite the same as I did when that film came out,” he said. “But it’s kinda cool the film has had that long of a life span.”

Willis’ family announced on March 30 that he was diagnosed with the brain disorder and would be stepping back from Hollywood.

“To Bruce’s amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities,” the “Die Hard” actor’s family said in a statement.

“This is a really challenging time for our family and we are so appreciative of your continued love, compassion and support,” they added. “As Bruce always says, ‘Live it up’ and together we plan to do just that.”

Haley-Joel-Osment.jpg

March 24

Halo The Series (2022) | Official Trailer 2

The first episode of Halo The Series debuted on March 24th, with episode two on March 31st, and each new episode will air on Thursdays. If you’re still trying to decide if it’ll be worth the Paramount Plus subscription or are simply a Halo fan afraid it might ruin one of your favorite games, now you can watch it for free before deciding.

Paramount Plus put the entire first episode, which is about an hour-long, up on YouTube, allowing everyone to enjoy it. So, sit back, enjoy the stunning visuals, shield recharge sounds, and see Master Chief come to life. The first episode is also available for free on Paramount’s website for a limited time.

Just when you thought Steven Knight had enough on his plate between finishing Peaky Blinders (and figuring out the film version) and the various other projects he's juggling, he's got yet another headed our way this year. BBC drama series SAS: Rogue Heroes stars Alfie Allen, Connor Swindells and Jack O'Connell and has a first teaser trailer online.

Can you really call something a surprise if everyone expects it to happen? Don’t turn to Better Call Saul for answers, because the show won’t be giving us a chance to debate that philosophical question. The series has announced what every viewer has expected since the prequel series debuted. Breaking Bad‘s Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul will return during Better Call Saul‘s final season.

Walter-White-Saul-Goodman-Jesse-Pinkman.jpg

SI7d1PBUZojCZ0o4x7v1qtnEfyw9If.jpg

James Hong to Receive Hollywood Walk of Fame Star in May

Fans of James Hong may be shocked to learn that the veteran actor does not yet have his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but that officially changes next month. The actor, who can be recognized from the cult classic Big Trouble in Little China as well as dozens upon dozens of other big and small screen roles, has been appearing on-screen since the early 1950s. There's no retirement in sight for the 93-year-old as Hong still frequently appears in movies and TV shows with multiple upcoming projects in the works.

In 2020, fellow actor Daniel Dae Kim spearheaded an effort to get Hong his overdue Walk of Fame star. Hoping to honor the "most prolific actor in Hollywood history," Kim launched a GoFundMe campaign with the goal of raising the $55,000 necessary for this to happen. On the GoFundMe page, Kim also explained why it was so important for Hong to be bestowed with the honor. As the page reads:

"This man epitomizes the term 'working actor,' and that's not even taking into account all he's done to help further representation for actors of color. Not only was he one of the few who worked steadily when there were even fewer roles than there are now, but he also served the Asian American community by co-creating the legendary East West Players theater company with fellow pioneers like Mako and Nobu McCarthy, just to name a few."

Last year, it was announced that Hong would finally be getting his star, as the crowdfunding campaign was a success. Variety has now reported that the ceremony is scheduled for May 10, 2022, which will see Hong take his place on the famous walkway, a move that his fans feel should have been made many years ago. Certainly, it's better to go on late than never, and May 10 will be a monumental occasion for the actor.

IML Gear Cream!
New Doctor Who star Ncuti Gatwa on keeping the secret since February

SE_307_Unit_00063_RT-scaled.jpg

Incoming Doctor Who star Ncuti Gatwa, who was announced today by the BBC as the person to be replacing Jodie Whittaker in the TARDIS, has spoken about being able to “finally breathe” now the news is out as he has been keeping his new role secret since February.

Speaking on the red carpet at the BAFTA TV Awards in London, where he is nominated for Best Male Performance in a Comedy for his portrayal of Eric Effiong in Netflix smash hit Sex Education (pictured above), Gatwa told PA “I feel really happy that I can now talk about it, because I got cast in February.

“I’ve been keeping it a secret since then, so it’s nice to finally breathe.”

The 29 year old, who was born in Rwanda and brought up in Scotland, added: “But also really nervous. It’s an incredibly iconic role, and an incredibly iconic show – and I just hope I do it justice. I’m following some very, very big footsteps – so I’m just hoping that I fill them up.”

Gatwa will take over from Jodie Whittaker after her final episode is aired sometime in the autumn to coincide with the centenary celebrations of the BBC. It will also be the final episode that Chris Chibnall is showrunner of the programme before Russell T Davies makes his sensational return to the show almost two decades after rebooting Doctor Who.

Davies was also on the BAFTA red carpet and said Gatwa was “Stunning” and “blew everyone away” in his audition.

He added: “I think when you cast the Doctor, you cast for the potential. I can see him for years exploring the part and taking it somewhere new.”

At 93, James Hong finally gets a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Hong, who was in Disney's original "Mulan" and the sci-fi comedy "Everything Everywhere All at Once," is one of 19 people of Asian descent to have stars out of more than 2,700.

220510-james-hong-1-ew-545p-f78c94.jpg

220510-james-hong-2-ew-545p-f57de4.jpg

Westworld | Season 4 Official Teaser

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds | Series Premiere | Full Episode

Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren to star in Yellowstone origin series 1932

A Mosquito Coast reunion between Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren is buzzing over at Paramount+, as both stars have joined the upcoming Yellowstone prequel series 1932.

The streaming service announced Tuesday that the Hollywood legends will lead Academy Award nominee Taylor Sheridan's new series, which is set to premiere digitally in December.

Following the success of the first Yellowstone origin series 1883, which became the most-watched Paramount+ original series, 1932 will "introduce a new generation of the Dutton family and explore the early twentieth century when pandemics, historic drought, the end of Prohibition, and the Great Depression all plague the mountain west, and the Duttons who call it home," according to an official synopsis.

Kevin Costner and Kelly Reilly originated the Yellowstone franchise, with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill taking lead roles in the 1883 origin odyssey about the Dutton family seeking a new life through the Great Plains on the way to Montana.

On the Paramount Network, Yellowstone launched a record-breaking season 4 run that drew an average of 11 million total viewers. The series was recently renewed for a fifth season (November 2022).

In addition to their upcoming roles in 1932, Ford and Mirren previously starred together in the 1986 film The Mosquito Coast, based on Paul Theroux's novel about a man who moves his family to a central American jungle to begin a new utopian life. The book was later adapted into a streaming series by Apple TV+ starring Justin Theroux and Melissa George.

1932 is set to premiere on Paramount+ in December.

IML Gear Cream!
Morbius Returning to Theaters Following Social Media Meme Campaign

Sony's Morbius movie is returning to theaters, ComicBook.com can confirm. New showtimes for the film will begin on Friday, June 3rd, with @ERCBoxOffice reporting that it will be added to over 1,000+ theaters. This comes over two months after the Marvel Comics-inspired film first made its theatrical debut, and several weeks after the movie already became available to purchase on digital platforms. Morbius was largely panned by critics upon its original debut, and underperformed at the box office with a domestic total of $73 million and a worldwide total of $163 million. That being said, the film has already developed a cult status upon hitting digital, with Morbius and various "Morb"-related memes trending on Twitter for the better part of the past week, as well as calls from fans to greenlight a sequel. The film also continues to have a passionate online Discord community, and even made headlines after a fan repeatedly streamed it on Twitch in its entirety.

Actor Brad Johnson Dies of COVID-Related Illness​

Adding to the lengthy list of COVID-related deaths, actor Brad Johnson reportedly succumbed to complications as a result of battling the virus.

The former Marlboro man, best known for his role in Steven Spielberg’s romantic drama Always, died of pneumonia—after contracting it while fighting the coronavirus—on February 18, 2022, in Forth Worth, Texas, his representative Linda McAlister announced. He was 62-years-old.

His family honored him as a “true Renaissance man” in a Facebook tribute released in March 2022, mentioning his diverse set of talents including his acting career and love for the outdoors.

“Although he was taken too early, he lived life to the fullest and taught his children to do the same,” the statement notes. “He was larger than life, and he will not be forgotten. His legacy will continue to live on just as he intended.”

AAY3kbF.img

Black Adam – Official Trailer 1

How I Met Your Mother and It's A Sin star Neil Patrick Harris is the latest cast member announced for Russell T Davies' new era of Doctor Who.

The BBC has revealed that the Emmy and Tony-winning actor is currently filming scenes for the show's 60th anniversary celebrations, which will air in 2023.

neil-patrick-harris-doctor-who-5625a52.jpeg

"A spin-off of The Boys, titled The Boys: Varsity, will likely come out before Season 4—and will tie-in with the events of Season 3.
A spin-off of The Boys, now titled The Boys Presents: Varsity, or, simply, Varsity, was ordered back in 2020 and is currently filming. Varsity has been described as a college-themed spinoff of The Boys, and the official description says that the show will be set at "Godolkin University School of Crimefighting," a school run by Vought, where the young adult Supes will be tested in Hunger Games-style challenges; the show is also said to have "all the heart, satire, and raunch of The Boys."

In an interview with Deadline, The Boys showrunner Eric Kripke made it clear that the two shows will be happening in conjunction with one another.

Back