• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How many extra calories to build?

REACTION

IN EFFECT
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am 145lbs, 20 years old, lean and have a fast metabolism. Been training hard for 3 years but think it is time to get serious about my nutrition as well. Through research I have determined I need about 2208 calories to maintain my current weight. I am curious as to how much I need to increase this to model a heavy building nutrition plan?

I have the same problem...

There are a lot of issues like, it is very hard to find if something is accurate. Numbers of calories per food, vary, every book or website say diferent things . You can´t figure out how many calories you really use. I think that you just have to guess. :)
If you are not growing you are not eating enough. Then again, there is a the issue of body fat, if you eat a LOT your bodyfat will increase a lot.

I gonna try something new with my diet : Low calories, high protein, and the right carbs. Maybe it will work.

Originally posted by REACTION
I am 145lbs, 20 years old, lean and have a fast metabolism. Been training hard for 3 years but think it is time to get serious about my nutrition as well. Through research I have determined I need about 2208 calories to maintain my current weight. I am curious as to how much I need to increase this to model a heavy building nutrition plan?

I I where you since you say 2200 cals roughly puts in maintainence i would increase my cals by 200 to see if you gain wieght. I you don't add more. Of course do this weekly untill you see gains. Spread those calories out evenly.

"In order to build new muscle, you must eat more calories than your body burns off, creating what is called a caloric surplus. To gain mass, you should strive to eat around 18-20 times your bodyweight in calories. The extra calories will be used by your body to repair muscle tissue that is damaged during the heavy workouts, and to build new muscle." Got this fron one of Prince's posts.

who cares

just eat lots!

eat above your maintenance and you'll start putting the weight on

i dunno how many cals i eat, dunno how many i need... i think common sense will tell me if i'm eating too much or too little of something

peace

Back