• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz® HEAL - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Jonathan Papelbon says he should close All-Star Game instead of Mo

IML Gear Cream!
I doubt Paps is even serious. That dude clowns about everything.
I hope so, I do love clowns (Bill Lee)
He's got a bright future ahead of him.

I'd need to hear the interview rather than read the transcript to determine if he was being serious or not but I highly doubt it..
That's the bad thing about playing in New York city, the media will take a little quote and they will blow it out of proportion.

That's the bad thing about playing in New York city, the media will take a little quote and they will blow it out of proportion.

Blowing something out of proportion is an understatement.

If Paps was truly shitting on Rivera, I'd have seen this interview by now.

Odds are as Goodfella alluded to, he made a stupid joke and the New York papers ran with it.

Blowing something out of proportion is an understatement.

If Paps was truly shitting on Rivera, I'd have seen this interview by now.

Odds are as Goodfella alluded to, he made a stupid joke and the New York papers ran with it.

I wish the New York Papers would get out that you are a raging homo, oh wait it isn't a joke, so they won't publish it :p

I wish the New York Papers would get out that you are a raging homo, oh wait it isn't a joke, so they won't publish it :p

I'm as straight as a circle.

Are you seeing the Jays on August 30th? I suppose I could look it up, but I'm lazy and don't want to get caught by the boss looking at Yankees.com.

Given that Francona has already put Jeter in the No. 2 slot (undeservingly based on stats), I'd be very surprised if he didn't let Mo close it out, save or no save situation.

Given that Francona has already put Jeter in the No. 2 slot (undeservingly based on stats), I'd be very surprised if he didn't let Mo close it out, save or no save situation.

While I agree, what if it's a close game and the NL takes the lead late and Rivera never gets to pitch?

Ideally the over hits, the AL wins and Rivera gets the save but if last night was any indication, "cinderella" stories don't always play out.

I said save or no save situation. Mo pitches the 9th.

He gave it to Jeter? Wow, this hasn't been his best year.
Who did he beat out?

IML Gear Cream!
He gave it to Jeter? Wow, this hasn't been his best year.
Who did he beat out?

Ichiro
Jeter
Hamilton
Rodriguez
Ramirez
Bradley
Youkilis
Mauer
Pedroia

If it weren't in Yankee stadium, I don't think Jeter bats second given the seasons that the 6 through 9 hitters are having.

Seattle right fielder Ichiro Suzuki will bat leadoff for the AL, followed by Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter, Texas center fielder Josh Hamilton, New York third baseman Alex Rodriguez, Boston left fielder Manny Ramirez, Rangers designated hitter Milton Bradley, Red Sox first baseman Kevin Youkilis, Minnesota catcher Joe Mauer and Boston second baseman Dustin Pedroia.

Francona kept more than numbers in mind when putting together his batting order.

“For me, a Derek Jeter deserves to hit at the top of the order, in a place like this especially,” he said.

Either Pedroia, Mauer, or Youkilis should be in the #2 slot.

Ichiro
Jeter
Hamilton
Rodriguez
Ramirez
Bradley
Youkilis
Mauer
Pedroia

If it weren't in Yankee stadium, I don't think Jeter bats second given the seasons that the 6 through 9 hitters are having.
I don't even think it's that, you do know Jeter and Francona are good friends right.
I don't think he deserves this at all, and I'm sure evertone else thinks so.
He better shine.

I want to see Mo come into the 9th with a one run lead and men on base, then pitch out of it preserving the win. Then, the Red Sox go on to win the World Series in 7 games with the clincher at home and we can thank Mariano for helping the Sox get home field.

I want to see Mo come into the 9th with a one run lead and men on base, then pitch out of it preserving the win. Then, the Red Sox go on to win the World Series in 7 games with the clincher at home and we can thank Mariano for helping the Sox get home field.

I'd rather him blow the save in the ninth only to have JD Drew hit a pinch hit walk off home run an inning later.

:p

You mean Tampa.

With all this talk about how Mo should close it watch him blow the game. Ha!

Papelbon responds:
Papelbon explained that the whole All-Star experience has been sullied by a story in today’s New York Daily News, which was accompanied by the back-page headline “Papelbum.”

The story suggested Papelbon wanted to be the one to close out tonight’s All-Star Game, not Yankees reliever Mariano Rivera. The package was brought to the pitcher’s attention while eating breakfast this morning, when he looked over and saw the back page of the Daily News while somebody else was reading the tabloid.
His initial response? “What the (expletive!)”

“It just kind of (ticks) me off because if that gets (expletive) written and I’m riding in a (expletive) parade today with my wife (Ashley), so she doesn’t feel safe because some (expletive) from the Daily News says I want to close the game and that ain’t true,” he said. “See what Im saying?”
“That was an easy headline for that (expletive) to say, ‘Yeah, Papelbon wants to close,’ ” he said. “Of course I do, that’s my competitive nature. But I’m stepping away and saying I don’t need to close.”
Papelbon pointed out that his biggest problem with the Daily News story and presentation was how it affected his wife, who is due with the couple’s first child on New Year’s Day.

“My wife wasn’t comfortable,” Papelbon said. “She’s pregnant with a baby. It (ticks) me off. So some (expletive) from the Daily News can get his headline.

“It kind of (ticks) you off when your family gets involved like that and you’re trying to enjoy an experience with your family and you have a wife who is pregnant who doesn’t feel safe riding in a red carpet event with you. ... How would you feel?”
“I understand what it’s about to put in your time and pay your dues in this game,” he said. “If you were to ask me, of course I would want to close. I’m not going to back down from anything. But that’s not what the (expletive) was said. It was an easy headline for that (expletive).”

Naturally, the stupid fuck isn't showing his face tonight.

Papelbon would legitimately beat the shit out of this guy and I'd love to see it.

Well done, Papelbon.

Papelbon would legitimately beat the shit out of this guy and I'd love to see it.[/quote]
I wouldn't, it's a no win situation with the media.

The media was responsible for running my Beloved Tom Seaver out of town.

His initial response? â?????What the (expletive!)â???

â?????It just kind of (ticks) me off because if that gets (expletive) written and Iâ??????m riding in a (expletive) parade today with my wife (Ashley), so she doesnâ??????t feel safe because some (expletive) from the Daily News says I want to close the game and that ainâ??????t true,â??? he said. â?????See what Im saying?â???

That also what came to my mind when I saw him in the parade.

Back