• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz® HEAL - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Jonathan Papelbon says he should close All-Star Game instead of Mo

IML Gear Cream!
What a pathetic display from Yankee fans tonight.

I don't remember every thing that happened in '99, but there is no way Red Sox fans rooted against players (Yankees or not) who were on their team this maliciously.

I guess Yankee fans already know that their team sucks and don't care about home field advantage in the World Series.

Corporate or not, what a disgrace. You just gotta laugh...

I don't remember every thing that happened in '99, but there is no way Red Sox fans rooted against players (Yankees or not) who were on their team this maliciously.

I guess Yankee fans already know that their team sucks and don't care about home field advantage in the World Series.

In '99 the Sox/ Yankees Rivalry was not hyped enough from ESPN yet to garnish this attention.

FYI. Last 6 times the All-Star game has been hosted in New York, the Yankees have made the World Series.

Remember opening day 2005 at Fenway? Joe Torre, Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter got standing ovations. Sox fans are just a better class of people. ;)

Dustin Perdoia got booed yesterday. DUSTIN PEDROIA!

In '99 the Sox/ Yankees Rivalry was not hyped enough from ESPN yet to garnish this attention.

FYI. Last 6 times the All-Star game has been hosted in New York, the Yankees have made the World Series.

I suppose the '99 ALCS hadn't been played yet, but there was still a pretty heated rivalry going on. Remember that series? the 'ole phantom tag? Worst call in the history of sports?

Well you can put that to bed this year, with the way this team is presently constructed, they're going no place. Thank the lord.

a_stretch.jpg

Good call, Tim Tschida.

Remember opening day 2005 at Fenway? Joe Torre, Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter got standing ovations. Sox fans are just a better class of people. ;)

Dustin Perdoia got booed yesterday. DUSTIN PEDROIA!

:clapping:

Oh please, like the Boston fans are model citizens. Of course they were booed in '99.

One of the reasons Jeter plays so hard against them is because of the fans acting like jerks.

This is a quote from a Boston fan and he's right all the way, I was rooting for Drew to hit one out.
I fell asleep during the award but that was wrong.

Francona is one classy guy, did you notice he wasn't booed that bad.

Some of these fans are real assholes I must admit, the majority are not even from the 5 boroughs, that I find both odd and sad.

I'm a Red Sox fan and I found myself rooting for Yankee players last night. For one night you can put your differences aside and root for players from another team, even the Yankees. I can understand booing Papelbon because he can't keep his mouth shut and I did not like his comment about Riviera. Booing Drew winning the MVP, you can show a little bit of class. Yankee fans should at least respect the way Francona shifted the spotlight to Yankee players by making defensive substitutions in the middle of an inning.

This is another quote, damn this is too funny.

Cards fans are NOT the best --- and I'm a Cards fan! But I'll tell you, Sox fans are lowsy -- most of them anyway. I guess so many of them are "up on a high horse" because they've NEVER WON until recently and now that their organization is spending money like it's water - well maybe not WATER - they have become the MOST ARROGANT a$$holes in ANY SPORT!!!! Don't get me wrong - I LOVE baseball and I used to think that the SOX were a great (GREAT) organization and had a wonderful fan base. When I grew up (60's and 70's) it was awesome to watch the Sox. And the dedication of their fans was just as cool! Now - the STORE BOUGHT success has created a freakin MONSTER (and I don't mean GREEN)...
AND - I am so sick of seeing all the BRAND SPANKING NEW RedSox hats and shirts and crap ALL OVER THE PLACE. I've NEVER seen bandwagon jumping to this extreme --- EVER. Not with the Cowboys, Packers or even Yankees... It borders on embarassing...
SO if Yankees fans want to boo --- GET OVER IT --- The SOX (AND most of THEIR "fans") deserve no less!

I can never forget when the Yankees had that run in the '90s they were playing at Fenway, and there was a section rooting for the Yankees.

I had heard this before and I was pretty digusted at hearing that, just didn't seem right.

Could have been a few transplanted New Yorkers.

Oh please, like the Boston fans are model citizens. Of course they were booed in '99.

Idiots are apart of every fan base.

I'm not denying that Yankee players weren't heckled and booed, that happens in every ball park.

I just don't recall a time when 55,000+ (or even in Fenways case 34,000) Boston fans were chanting in unison that an all-star player was "overrated."

Last night was supposed to be the Yankees night, instead it turned into a hatefest for everything Boston. I guess it just goes to show what the Red Sox winning has done to the Yankee fan base.

PA: "Dus-tin Ped-roia"
Crowd: "Boo!"
PA: "J.D. Drew"
PA: "Bill Mazeroski"
Crowd: silence

Best fans? Not a chance.

Felt, nothing happened.
It was wrong but then again why if you know they are going to boo you, would you have her next to you, he is an idiot.

He seems to open his mouth and talk a lot of crap, and he hasn't stopped.

Should I look up the times the Yankee players wives were spat at?
Our journey up Sixth Avenue was about to end, but before it was over, we ran into three guys -- let's call them uber-Yankee fans -- who were clearly vying for some sort of title as they delivered the most hateful things they could think of to accompany the half-a-peace-sign salute they were offering. As we prepared to round the corner and head for Central Park, Papelbon looked at these three gentlemen, then quizzically at his own hand, and decided to give them a salute of his own using the ring finger on his right hand, where his 2007 World Series Champion ring calls home. No need to repeat what was said -- let's just say those dudes didn't like what they saw.

ESPN Page 2 - Philbrick: Driving Mr. Papelbon

I just don't recall a time when 55,000+ (or even in Fenways case 34,000) Boston fans were chanting in unison that an all-star player was "overrated."
No one really liked what did or didn't come out of Paperboys mouth, I now believe he did say it.
We love Rivera here, he's a good guy who could teach Paperboy how to be a man.

Last night was supposed to be the Yankees night, instead it turned into a hatefest for everything Boston. I guess it just goes to show what the Red Sox winning has done to the Yankee fan base.

PA: "Dus-tin Ped-roia"
We take no prisoners, even the gay and meek.

PA: "J.D. Drew"

They were saying Drewwwwwwwww
PA: "Bill Mazeroski"
Crowd: silence

Best fans? Not a chance
No, the Boston fans are the best in the world, the same people who called your own player Jim Rice a nigger are the best fans.:rolleyes:

BBTF's Newsblog Discussion :: Boston Herald: Torii Hunter has heard hate at Fenway

Boston Herald: Torii Hunter has heard hate at Fenway

Though the Red Sox have done a great deal to remake the image of Fenway Park in recent years, visiting players continue to voice concerns about fan conduct. The latest example came from Angels center fielder Torii Hunter.
Hunter told the Press-Enterprise of Riverside, Calif., that until the last couple of years, he regularly heard racist taunts when visiting Fenway as a member of the Minnesota Twins.
“I’ve been called whatever they call me - a lot - since I was a kid,” Hunter told the newspaper. “My first five or six (years), I was ‘That N-word.’ Some people would chant that out, some people would throw beer or whatever . . . batteries.”
...He had, however, informed Red Sox slugger and close friend David Ortiz - with whom Hunter spent six seasons as a teammate in Minnesota - of the racist comments he’d encountered. Ortiz remains dismayed that such behavior occurred in his home ballpark.
“He told me those complaints before, but what can I do about it?” said Ortiz. “You know how it is. When you play for the other team, you’re going to hear some (stuff) like that - wherever you’re at. He’s aware of that.
“(But) he heard some stuff that I’m surprised at. One of the security guys told me it was true. They were screaming that kind of stuff at him. That’s not right.”

More stuff, Yogi....how can you Boo Yogi?
Jackson I can understand.

A: Don't lump all NY fans together into one big pot. A few knuckleheads say some stupid things and you blame the whole fan base and the whole city?
B: Some seem to forget that Boston fans booed Yogi Berra and Reggie Jackson in 1999 when the All Star game was held there. Where was the "set aside the rivalry" then?
C: SOME Boston fans said some pretty harsh things to Jorge Posada and his wife, concerning their son and his medical condition.
D: Let's not forget the incredibly "classy" shirts that SOME Boston fans wear regarding A-Rod and Derek Jeter.
E: Maybe Papelbon should learn to keep his mouth shut? Not like this is the first stupid thing he's said...
So consider those things before you lump all fans together.

What? Ok....let me get off this train wreck.

:roflmao:

The run scored off the Navarro error. It was an unearned run. He gave up a hit and struck out two.

Rivera had two double play balls. He was in trouble without them.

Laugh all you want, but Rivera didn't pitch any better than Papelbon last night.

The run scored off the Navarro error. It was an unearned run. He gave up a hit and struck out two.

Rivera had two double play balls. He was in trouble without them.

Laugh all you want, but Rivera didn't pitch any better than Papelbon last night.
:roflmao: Still laughing.
Double plays are part of getting a player out. :hmmm:
The bottom line is....did they score? I don't think so.

That left me empty and bored.

Boo hoo Paperboy, typical bitch opens his mouth and now he's scared.....grow a set of balls bitch.

I think he soiled his pants right between the overrated chant and after giving the NL the lead.

They discussed what Papelbon said during the game and dismissed it as nothing. Yesterday's article proved that the Daily News is a tabloid, similar to the National Enquirer and that it should be taken with a grain of salt. Let me Daily News what you just said:

"a set of balls soiled in his (Min0) mouth"

Oh my god! Min0 is gay! I'm a pompous asshole writer who's going to get a raise for ruining somebody else's life!

Papelbon is a young outspoken kid with a good heart. Earlier in that "interview" he called Rivera a god or some shit.

This is just silly.

:roflmao: Still laughing.
Double plays are part of getting a player out. :hmmm:
The bottom line is....did they score? I don't think so.

Come on, Min0. You're better than that.

1 inning, 1 hit, 2ks, no runs for Paps
1.2 innings, 2 hits, 2ks no runs for Rivera

They discussed what Papelbon said during the game and dismissed it as nothing. Yesterday's article proved that the Daily News is a tabloid, similar to the National Enquirer and that it should be taken with a grain of salt. Let me Daily News what you just said:

Who dismissed it? It was taped recorded.

"a set of balls soiled in his (Min0) mouth"
CAn I has your balls?
Oh my god! Min0 is gay! I'm a pompous asshole writer who's going to get a raise for ruining somebody else's life!

Papelbon is a young outspoken kid with a good heart. Earlier in that "interview" he called Rivera a god or some shit.
He's a pompouse ass who just can't shut up....and now he's trying to cover his ass, he's still talking crap..well now that he left NYC of course.
a young outspoken kid with a good heart.....ha! And A-Rod is a misunderstood man who was falsly accused of mesing with Madonna. He's also not in it for the money..poor misunderstood A-Rod.
This is just silly.

Come on, Min0. You're better than that.

1 inning, 1 hit, 2ks, no runs for Paps
1.2 innings, 2 hits, 2ks no runs for Rivera
I felt a little scared for the kid, as I wrote earlier in this thread.
But that mouth just doesn't stop. He's a dick.

Rivera just looked better.

I'm trying to find the actual quotes from Papelbon..

He basically said that he wanted the ball in his hands in the ninth but understood that it was Mariano's night, calling him "a god" or something..

fuck, you're better than me at this shit, help a jim rice out :p

Back