• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lose fat or build muscle

Patro

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Lose fat or build muscle...

These are two things that I want to do, but I'm not sure if I can do them both at once.

Since I'd like to lose fat first, should I forget about the weights? Should I just eat right and hit the treadmill a lot?

I'm not sure what to do now. I want to be on a deficit of calories, but then I can't gain muscle, right?

So which way do I go? Weights, cardio, or both?

Currently I'm doing both.

a 1 mile run burns about 2-300 cals. not alot.
Weight lifting promotes muscle which burns more calories and fat. Eat right,(and less)and burn more cals than you take in to lose weight, you will lose a little muscle but not much. Never ever give up the weights, NEVER! you can do cardio but it can reduce your gains in muscle mass so limit the cardio to 2-3 times a week for 20-30 mins. also try counting cals protien fat and carbs and adjust accordingly. so keep doing both weights and cardio. hope this helps

ps you cannot put on mass on a caloric deficent diet and vice versa so try cycling diets.

When I started working out I had a body fat percentage of 13% and 170 pounds . I am currently at 7% and 190. I did that by eating high protein, low carb, small meals 5-6 times a day (No steroids). By high protein meals you will also speed up your metabolism.
I also study martial arts which gives me cardio and a little resistance training, but not enough cardio to start turning my results backwards. One thing you need to keep in mind is that if you feel hungry you will start to burn muscle within a certain period of time because your body needs energy to run and the most energy storage unit available to it is muscle not fat.

------------------
Everyday is a good day, when you are not six feet under.

Depending on your experience level, it is possible to loose body fat while adding muscle. But like crmkorn meantioned, never give up the weights because the more muscle mass you have on your body the more calories you will burn at rest. 1 pound of muscle burns approximately 50 calories at rest compaared with 1 pound of fat which only burns 2 calories at rest.

------------------
If you build it they will come

Back