• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz® HEAL - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

MMA News and Notes

Nah, you already sent me one before. I always forget the name of that site. :thumb:
It was a lil dig at ya fufu. I knew I sent you one and wondered why you didn't already have the prelims downloaded. The torrent is in good resolution compared to the quality of the online stuff, and the download takes all of about 12 minutes. Nowadays they come in avi format mostly so you just click and watch.

It's good shit.

Babalu destroyed Heath. I think Babalu landed more shots from guard than Heath did from on top. That was a sick submission as well. Heath will remember not to spit on Babalu in the future.

Can you guys argue somewhere other than my MMA Thread? Thanks. :thumb:

I'm still impressed with Koscheck. He really showed a ton of improvement in his game. No panic set in while he was on the bottom, survived 2 Kimura attempts and basically came out unscathed, more than Hughes, Trigg and Sherk can say that's for sure. Kos truly deserves to be mentioned amongst the top fighters in the WW division.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

The following are the fight purses to participants on the UFC 74 "Respect" PPV card.

-Randy Couture ($250,000) def. Gabriel Gonzaga ($45,000)
-Georges St. Pierre ($140,000) def. Josh Koscheck ($10,000)
-Roger Huerta ($34,000) def. Alberto Crane ($4,000)
-Joe Stevenson ($32,000) def. Kurt Pellegrino ($8,000)
-Patrick Cote ($24,000) def. Kendall Grove ($12,000)
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral ($50,000) def. David Heath ($6,000)
-Frank Mir ($72,000) def. Antoni Hardonk ($8,000)
-Thales Leites ($18,000) def. Ryan Jensen ($4,000)
-Clay Guida ($14,000) def. Marcus Aurelio ($30,000)

Total fighter pay outs: $761,000

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/UFC-74-Pa...-The-Card.html

Kos got the shaft!

I guess reports are saying Couture fought with a broken arm after blocking a leg kick.

Randy Couture ??? $250,000
Gabriel Gonzaga ??? $45,000
Randy Couture defeated Gabriel Gonzaga via technical knockout(strikes) in round three

Georges St. Pierre ??? $140,000 ($70,000 to show, $70,000 to win)
Josh Koscheck ??? $10,000
Georges St. Pierre defeated Josh Koscheck via unanimous decision

Roger Huerta ??? $34,000 ($17,000 to show, $17,000 to win)
Alberto Crane ??? $4,000
Roger Huerta defeated Alberto Crane via technical knockout (strikes) in round three

Joe Stevenson ??? $32,000 ($16,000 to show, $16,000 to win)
Kurt Pellegrino ??? $8,000
Joe Stevenson defeated Kurt Pellegrino via unanimous decision

Patrick Cote ??? $24,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 to win)
Kendall Grove ??? $12,000
Patrick Cote defeated Kendall Grove via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Renato ???Babalu??? Sobral ??? $50,000* ($25,000 to show, $25,000 to win)
David Heath ??? $6,000
Renato ???Babalu??? Sobral defeated David Heath via submission (anaconda choke) in round two

Frank Mir ??? $66,000 ($36,000 to show, $30,000 to win)
Antoni Hardonk ??? $8,000
Frank Mir defeated Antoni Hardonk via submission (kimura) in round one

Thales Leites ??? $18,000 ($9,000 to show, $9,000 to win)
Ryan Jensen ??? $4,000
Thales Leites defeated Ryan Jensen via submission (armbar) in round one

Clay Guida ??? $14,000 ($7,000 to show, $7,000 to win)
Marcus Aurelio ??? $30,000
Clay Guida defeated Marcus Aurelio via split decision

Keep in mind the salaries listed above do not include signing bonuses, sponsorships, pay-per-view percentages and other unofficial payments.
In addition, UFC President Dana White has mentioned that all fighter bonuses for ???Submission of the Night,??? ???Fight of the Night,??? and others are being withheld until drug tests come back from the NSAC.
The total fighter payroll for the UFC 74 was $761,000.

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/UFC-74-Pa...-The-Card.html

Kos got the shaft!
Lol ... Kos got what he was worth. If Kos had won he'd have made $70,000 more for a total of $80,000.

Couture breaks arm in UFC 74 win over Gonzaga

Gabriel Gonzaga???s nose was not the only thing that got broken during the heavyweight championship bout this weekend at UFC 74: ???Respect.???
Division titleholder Randy Couture sustained a ???nightstick fracture??? of his left forearm when blocking a ???Napao??? high kick, according to FightNetwork.com.
Here???s the snip:
?????? Randy Couture was informed Sunday by doctors that he???d broken his arm during his third round TKO stoppage of Gabriel Gonzaga. Couture sustained the injury Saturday blocking a Gonzaga right high kick with his left forearm, cleanly separating the ulna bone???. The injury placed the UFC heavyweight champion???s arm in a splint for six weeks. The appendage will not need a cast.???
Fortunately, the injury does not seem serious. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise, providing the training and public relations workhorse with some much-need time off.
Here???s a snip from ???The Natural:???
???It???s not displaced, so the doctors think it will reattach in about a week and a half.???
Watching the fight it seems hard to believe that he was able to finish of the monstrous Brazilian with a bum wing. I guess it just adds more mystique to the legend that is Randy Couture.
Randy beat Gonzaga while fighting with a broken arm. Now that's imressive ...

Last edited:
I take it you're amongst the Kos haters that think he doesn't even belong in the top 10?

Truthfully - I picked Koscheck to win that fight! In my mind, Kos comes out, takes GSP down right away and sucks the life out of GSP by dominating him on the ground. I was completely shocked when Georgie took Kos down early and dominated him! It was an impressive win for GSP, but I have a hard time finding anything impressive about a " 4-time D-1 Collegiate All-American Wrestler" being taken down at will and pounded on for 15 minutes. He could be in the top ten, but if he is, there is a huge gap between # 1-2 and #10.

sobralheathih9lx4.gif

That's fucked up ... lol.

IML Gear Cream!
Truthfully - I picked Koscheck to win that fight! In my mind, Kos comes out, takes GSP down right away and sucks the life out of GSP by dominating him on the ground. I was completely shocked when Georgie took Kos down early and dominated him! It was an impressive win for GSP, but I have a hard time finding anything impressive about a " 4-time D-1 Collegiate All-American Wrestler" being taken down at will and pounded on for 15 minutes. He could be in the top ten, but if he is, there is a huge gap between # 1-2 and #10.

There is a huge gap between 1-2 unfortunately.

I look at it this way. A few months ago (before he was embarrassed by Serra) GSP was without a doubt the top 170lb'er and considered by many to be the one of the best if not the best P4P fighter in the world. Best P4P fighter in the world is a serious moniker. Prior to GSP being the best @ 170, it was Matt Hughes.

Matt Hughes was the most dominant champion any organization had ever seen, amongst the best P4P fighters in the world and GSP not only beat him, he destroyed him. Hughes looked like it was his 3rd professional fight, total domination.

Same with Sherk, comes from a serious wrestling pedigree and GSP not only beat him at his own game but demolished him and stopped Sherk for the first and only time in his career. Prior to that Sherk had lost one time in his career, you guessed it, a decision loss to Matt Hughes.

Another wrestler Frank Trigg, completely dominated by GSP in every fashion and choked out like a newb.

Koscheck did better than all of these guys, he avoided damage on the ground, successfully defended a wicked Kimura attempt and even reversed and took down GSP in the first round which I don't remember ever happening. All by a guy who is a relative newcomer to MMA and relies heavily on pure athleticism and wrestling skill. So yeah, you could say I was defintely impressed with the Koscheck I saw the other night.

I picked Kos to win too, but I expected him to land one of those crazy overhead rights he was throwing. I also expected him to shoot first but GSP is the man. Hats off to the best WW in the world, Georges St. Pierre.

I think it was the begining of round 3 like 10 seconds in

Agreed.

However, I was screaming at Hooters about how stupid he was for doing it. I thought for sure Kos would handle him despite being taken down, but it never came, even when he reversed. Then what does GSP do? He takes him down again. I dont mind that he couldnt get a Kimura on a heavily credited wrestler.

Certainly wasnt the same GSP with Serra, no sir.

Where is that fight of GSP vs. Sherk?

I think it was the begining of round 3 like 10 seconds in

Yeah, I just rewatched it, it was the first kick of the 3rd round. He even grabs his a few times in the following seconds to check out what's hurting.

Yeah, I just rewatched it, it was the first kick of the 3rd round. He even grabs his a few times in the following seconds to check out what's hurting.
I agree with you that was when it happened, but then he keeps throwing hard lefts. Wow.

I agree with you that was when it happened, but then he keeps throwing hard lefts. Wow.

Yeah, Randy is an animal. I'll never bet against him again.

All he has left IMO is Fedor. That's all I want to see.

Back