• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz® HEAL - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

MMA News and Notes

IML Gear Cream!
Anyone have any links to stream online the UFC RIO event? Thanks.

OK boys. We have Mayweather vs. Ortiz tomorrow, or battle of the bayou UFC? which do you want to watch?

OK boys. We have Mayweather vs. Ortiz tomorrow, or battle of the bayou UFC? which do you want to watch?

Both were very disappointing. sucked to see mayweather v ortiz end that way. glad i didn't pay to watch that fight. pac man would kill mayweather

i would lov to see the pac-mayweather fight if it would ever happen .... yeah what a joke last night. mayweather took a cheap shot for sure. lil wayne said it best tho ---"mayweather walked in with 50 cent and walk out with 50 million genius" cant blame the dude for getting paid i guess .

i would lov to see the pac-mayweather fight if it would ever happen .... yeah what a joke last night. mayweather took a cheap shot for sure. lil wayne said it best tho ---"mayweather walked in with 50 cent and walk out with 50 million genius" cant blame the dude for getting paid i guess .

Yeah, I blame him. The fans who paid the 50 million got robbed of the show. I'm sure he feels fine about getting paid, but he robbed the fans by doing that.

that dude could care less about the fans , as far may is concered he is boxing. he said him self once that his name is bigger that than the whole sport......

So Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva.......Who wins the next fight?

After Chael Sonnen beats the shit out of Anderson Silva does Mark Munoz deserve the first shot at Sonnen?

That was sick!! As good as Mirs' sub on Nog. Just slightly sexier!

White: Penn declined Strikeforce's Melendez but eyeing UFC return at 170 pounds

NEW YORK CITY ??? So it turns out there was something to those rumblings of Gilbert Melendez (20-2 MMA, 10-1 SF) vs. B.J. Penn (16-8-2 MMA, 12-7-2 UFC) for the Strikeforce lightweight title, after all.

Following today's pre-UFC on FOX 3 press conference in New York City, White revealed he tried to put the fight together but was rebuffed by Penn, ultimately leading to Melendez vs. Josh Thomson III on May 19.

White said Penn simply wasn't up for a fight at that time, though things have since changed. The UFC boss said Penn could be back sooner rather than later, and it will be at 170 pounds.

"I tried to do [Melendez vs. Penn], but it was at the time when B.J. was like, 'Yeah, I'm not fighting for a while,'" White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

"In October, former UFC champion Penn suffered a one-sided loss to Nick Diaz, prompting "The Prodigy" to call it quits at the conclusion of the fight. Penn has yet to publicly commit to another fight, but as he did less than two weeks ago, White insists things are different behind the scenes.

"He wants to come back," White said of Penn.

While most MMA pundits believe Penn, who has held titles at both 155 pounds and 170 pounds, is best suited for the lightweight division, White said Penn will make his return at welterweight.

"I'm done with telling him where to go as far as weight goes," White said. "The guy's handled himself in both weight divisions, and if he wants to come back at 170 ??? plus you get to an age where cutting down to 155 just doesn't make sense anymore."

When that return could happen is still anyone's guess, but the UFC boss said Penn will ultimately make that call. In a sport where mental focus and commitment is often as important as physical preparation, White said he refuses to rush anyone back to action until he's 100 percent certain it's the right time.

"Whenever he's ready," White said. "That's up to him. Whenever he's ready. I don't ever push guys. Guys know when they're ready. Guys know when they want to come back.

"This isn't a sport where you can just say, 'I know your head isn't in it right now, but get back over here and fight.' This isn't that kind of sport. Guys let me know when they're ready to fight."

Meanwhile, Melendez's next chance at fighting a UFC athlete doesn't appear any closer. With the relationship between White and Strikeforce's broadcast partners at Showtime nearly nonexistent, he's less-than-optimistic that a peaceful coexistence will provide for any cross-promotional opportunities.

"Gilbert Melendez is a Strikeforce fighter," White said. "He's been great in dealing with it. He wants to come over here, and he wants to challenge himself against the best, and I know a lot of other people want to see it, too, but he's in that Strikeforce deal.

"The thing that sucks for Gilbert and that's disappointing is that I was 100 percent fired up and gung ho to go over there and work on Strikeforce. The whole thing fell apart. I know he's bummed out about, and other people are, too, but it is what it is. It just didn't work out.

Dana White not optimistic on Nick Diaz's chances against NSAC

NEW YORK CITY ??? Nick Diaz's camp won't find a vote of confidence from UFC president Dana White in their recent challenge to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

"I get the whole thing they're going for ??? the metabolites or whatever it is," White said following Thursday's pre-UFC on FOX 3 press conference. "Nick can't smoke marijuana leading up to a fight. You just can't do it."

While fans and pundits have debated the merits of the drug's legality and the state's case against Diaz, White said he respects the rule of the commission.

"My beef is with the reffing and the judging," he told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "They sanction me. They tell me what to do. They oversee me and the fighters."

And on May 14, the commission will go head-to-head with Diaz. Las Vegas-based attorney Ross Goodman filed suit on behalf on the fighter this past week, seeking to lift a temporary suspension issued to the fighter after he tested positive for marijuana metabolites in the wake of a decision loss to Carlos Condit at UFC 143.

Diaz's camp has attacked the merits of the NSAC's case from the beginning, suggesting that the marijuana metabolites that prompted his failed test aren't banned by the commission.

But White sees the issue in black and white.

"Listen, marijuana's illegal," he said. "You can't smoke it. There's a list of things you can't do. Here's the thing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission: If you're doing something, they ask you to tell them. Just be honest. Come up front and say you did something."

The act of disclosure has been front and center in Diaz's fight with the NSAC. Goodman said the fighter didn't need to note his doctor-recommended use of medical marijuana because it didn't apply to a pre-fight medical questionnaire he left blank.

The NSAC, on the other hand, believes Diaz mislead the commission in doing so, and amended its original complaint against the fighter when paperwork in support of his medical marijuana recommendation surfaced in Goodman's initial response to the suspension.

White said Diaz's situation reminded him of Alistair Overeem, whose failure of a pre-fight drug test at UFC 146 was at the center of a license denial from the NSAC. The former Strikeforce champion didn't disclose his use of a doctor-recommended anti-inflammatory that was later found to contain testosterone, a fact that came out when he was denied.

"I sit in the office with the guy, and he's like, 'I'm the most tested athlete in all of sports. I'll never test positive for anything,'" White said. "Then they tested him at the press conference, and he was 14-to-1 (testosterone-to-epitestosterone) ratio.

"He lied to me, and he lied to the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

Asked which situation frustrates him more ??? Diaz's suspension scratched a rematch with Condit while Overeem's failure scratched a headliner opposite heavyweight champ Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146 ??? White chose Overeem.

"Nick Diaz didn't tell me he wasn't smoking weed, believe me," he said. "It's one of those things that's a banned substance, you can't do it, and we'll see how this thing plays out. But I just don't see him winning."

Rampage is Done with the UFC; Dana White Says the Feeling is Mutual

Quinton ???Rampage??? Jackson has never been a fighter that holds his tongue. If he???s got something to say, he says it.

That???s never been more evident than over the past several months. Rampage has taken shots at his current employer, the UFC, at nearly every turn. Interviews, Twitter, you name it; Rampage is slinging arrows.

His latest salvo came on a recent appearance of HDNet???s Inside MMA, a common stop for Rampage.

???After I leave the UFC, I???m done with them. Just like when I left Pride,??? he told hosts Kenny Rice and Bas Rutten.

That???s fine by UFC president Dana White, who sounds as if he???s about done dealing with Rampage???s tirades.

???I'll have a conversation with Rampage and think we're cool and then I'll read other stuff. Rampage is obviously not happy with the UFC,??? White said following Thursday???s UFC on Fox 3 pre-fight press conference at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

???No big deal brother, you don't want to be here anymore.???

Rampage has one more fight left on his UFC contract. Despite his vitriol, he hasn???t indicated that he would not honor that contract. For his part, White has said that once Rampage???s contract was fulfilled, they would honor his wishes to part ways with the promotion.

With the strain on their relationship reaching an apparent breaking point, who knows if that last fight will ever come to fruition.

Rampage was going to face Mauricio ???Shogun??? Rua in a rematch of their Pride fight from several years ago as the final bout on his contract, but put it on hold, citing the need for double knee surgery.

In the meantime, Shogun has been scheduled to face Thiago Silva at UFC 149 in Calgary in July.

Rampage has still been on the offensive, however, calling the UFC to task for everything from pay to matchmaking to altering his image with fans.

???My second fight, they throwed me Chuck Liddell. The fans didn???t know who I was. I knocked him out; the fans booed me. They changed me towards the fans. I used to be the nicest guy towards the fans,??? said Rampage, adding, ???I???m tired of fighting these guys that are cowards. They just run around the cage.???

But according to White, the UFC has been fair and then some with Rampage.

???As far as money goes, everybody needs to make more money. That's human nature,??? he said. ???We've never screwed anybody over, including Rampage.

???You want to talk about a guy we went to bat for. We've gone to bat for him many times. I feel like (expletive) (Derek) Jeter when it comes to Rampage.???

It???s clear, however, that White???s patience with Rampage has worn paper-thin.

???If he's unhappy with us, doesn't like us, and doesn't want to be with us anymore, then the feeling is mutual.???

IML Gear Cream!
Lyoto Machida still open to eventual fight at 185 pounds

By the time Lyoto Machida faces Ryan Bader at UFC on FOX 4 it will have been eight months since he last stepped foot inside the Octagon. Rather than sit on the sidelines for health-related or disciplinary reasons, the 33-year old (who celebrates a birthday this month) has simply been forced to wait patiently while the UFC sorts out the 205-pound division.

While ???The Dragon??? may finally have an adversary to focus on, the extended break was apparently so bothersome he even considered taking a fight at middleweight to speed the process up. However, his management team convinced him to remain calm.

???My objective is to fight at (light heavyweight) but there would be no problem fighting at middleweight. Anderson (Silva) is a friend of mine,??? said Machida in an interview with O Globo. ???(Middleweight) is his, but I would take a fight to keep me busy. The important thing is to keep fighting. I would fight there, but only with the objective of keeping me busy.???

Now, with Bader in his sights, Machida is ready to prepare for the challenge at hand rather than the adversity created by a drop down in weight-class. In fact, the former champion is looking forward to facing Bader who has been on his radar for some time.

???He is a great athlete. We already met on TUF when I made a visit (as a guest coach for Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira). I have respect for him???I am very motivated and willing to fight against any one who is on his level???and he is among the tops,??? explained Machida, pointing to Bader???s recent win over Quinton Jackson.

Bader-Machida is set for August 4 in Los Angeles on a card also featuring Travis Browne vs. Ben Rothwell and Brian Stann vs. Hector Lombard.

Nick Diaz to donate entire BJJ superfight purse to charity

The debut of the World Jiu Jitsu Expo kicks off with a bang on May 12, featuring a superfight that can only be defined as epic. UFC welterweight contender, Nick Diaz will be facing off against ADCC superstar, Braulio Estima in Long Beach, CA.

Diaz has been on hiatus from the UFC pending the outcome of his hearing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. The date of that hearing has yet to be set, due to some legal back and forth between Diaz' attorneys and the commission.

An HD stream of the entire card, which is a very strong card, even without the superfight, will be provided by mobileblackbelt.tv and will cost $9.95. A pre-show will begin at 630 pm Pacific and the fight card will kick off at 7 pm.

The full fight card is as follows:

NICK DIAZ vs. BRAULIO ESTIMA (NO-GI)
KAYRON GRACIE vs. RAFAEL LOVATO (GI)
VICTOR ESTIMA vs. KRON GRACIE (GI)
NINO SCHEMBRI vs. BILL COOPER (GI)
KYRA GRACIE vs. ALEXIS DAVIS (NO-GI)
CAIO TERRA vs. JEFF GLOVER (NO-GI)

Mobile Black Belt will be donating 10% of the PPV proceeds to charity, and Nick Diaz will also donate his entire purse to charity (St. Jude's Children's Hospital), as confirmed by Cesar Gracie. Diehard jiu jitsu fans will be able to purchase the event for 30 days after the live stream, so if you happen to miss it live, you've got a month to get your fix. Tickets to the live event are also available via mobileblackbelt.tv

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/3/...rse-to-charity

Shogun - 'I Want A Chance At The Belt Against Him, No One Is Unbeatable...'

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Mauricio ???Shogun??? Rua hasn???t fought since November 2011, when was defeated by Dan Henderson at UFC 139 by points. After so long, UFC announced Thiago Silva is Shogun???s next opponent, on a bout slatted for July 21st, at UFC 149, in Calgary, Canada. On an exclusive interview with TATAME, the Brazilian talked about his confrontation with Thiago Silva, whom he trained with back at Chute Boxe, his plans to get another chance at the title and he seemed excited about being one of TUF Brazil???s coaches. Check it below:
Why it took them so long to match you up?
Rampage would be my next opponent but then he got injured. They wondered about a rematch against Dan Henderson, but he???s fighting for the title, so they have this dilemma for a while, waiting for a guy and now they got it. They offered me Thiago Silva and it was a surprise to me.
You trained with Thiago Silva at Chute Boxe. How does it feel fighting him?
Actually I???ve always said I don???t like fighting other Brazilians, especially a guy I know like Thiago. I really like him, but we???re professionals and that???s what we do for a living.
What are the expectations for this fight? You have similar styles???
I guess it???s going to be an interesting fight because Thiago likes striking and so do I. It???s gonna be ass kicking. I respect Thiago as an athlete and as a person, I know he???s very good and complete, but I???ll get there prepared.
Are you training already?
Sergio Moraes arrived yesterday. He???s responsible for our Jiu-Jitsu trainin. Besides being a professional, he???s a great teacher. We???re all very motivated with his arrival. Now we???re training to do our best inside the octagon.
You asked to fight in Brazil. Did UFC thought about giving you this chance?
No, they didn???t. they thought about Las Vegas and Canada. They only offered me Rampage on July 7th, in Las Vegas and also Dan Henderson again on July 21st. so, I knew I was fighting in one of these events. They didn???t offer me Brazil.
A win over Thiago Silva might put you on the right track for a chance at the title?
I hope so. Actually I???m not thinking about it, just about my next fight. Fighting for the title is just a consequence of good results on my next bouts. I have to get those wins first so I can get a chance at the title.
Jon Jones defeated Rashad Evans and remains undefeated. Do you believe Dan Henderson stands a chance? Could you see some flaws on Jon???s game?
Jon Jones is very good. He can manage the distance, he???s versatile??? However, the more he fights the more expose his game gets. I want a chance at the belt against him. No one is unbeatable??? I guess Henderson stands a chance. You can???t predict a bout???s outcome. If Henderson lays his hands on him, since he has heavy hands and is an experienced guy???
Your brother, Murilo Ninja, is rematching Paulo Filho, somethinge fans have been craving for since Pride. What are your thoughts about it?
I guess it???s a big fight for MMA lovers. This meeting promises and Brazil deserves it. They both are guys with amazing careers in Japan, mainly. I guess all MMA fans would want to watch it. They both deserved to be respected.
TUF is a big hit in Brazil and people are saying stuff about you and Lyoto Machida being the coaches of its next editions. What are your thoughts about it?
It???s something I would really like to do. I???ve talked to Lorenzo Fertitta and said I would like to be one of the coaches. It???s a dream come true. Now, in Brazil, people still have prejudice towards MMA and I guess TUF helps to get it through.

OK fight fans. So what does everyone think now that GSP is back and had an amazing fight against Carlos Condit? I think that GSP's next opponent should be Hendricks, and then they should give Condit a rematch vs. Diaz once he is back. loved the 154 card. great fights. Here is a break down of how talented GSP is in his JJ game.

Back