• Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!

Officially Saturday Fever's Guinea Pig

M.J.H.

Obsessed
Elite Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2001
Messages
3,530
Reaction score
6
Points
0
Age
42
Location
Delaware
I know I started an HST journal please don't even bother reminding me that I'm switching so soon. Especially you, P-Funk. ;)

But anyway, after seeing Saturday Fever's return to IM I felt like it was best to PM him and have him get me started on another routine. His training advice has always without fail gotten me the best gains of any program I've ever done, ever. So I trust his advice is 100% right on.

Anyway, postive feedback only, please. :thumb:
 
This is what SF setup for me for the first 15 workouts, and I'm going to be taking rest days whenever I need them:

Strength/Power Phase

Day 1: (this is your rest interval)
Bench Press 5 sets 3-6 reps (Long)
Speed Deadlift 9 sets of 3 reps (Moderate)
Hamstring Curls 3 sets of 6-8 Long

Day 2:
Squat 5 sets of 3-6 reps (Long)
Speed Bench 9 sets of 3 reps (Moderate)
Skull Crushers 3 sets of 6-8 (Long)

Day 3:
Deadlift 5 sets of 3-6 reps (Long)
Speed Squats 10 sets of 2 (Moderate)
Quad Extension 3 sets of 6-8 reps (Long)

Power/Endurance Phase

Day 4:
Speed Deadlift 9 sets of 3 reps (Moderate)
Bench Press 4 sets of 12-15 (Short)
Triceps Push-Downs 3 sets of 15 (Short)

Day 5:
Speed Bench 9 sets of 3 reps (Moderate)
Leg Press 4 sets of 12-15 (Short)
Calf Raise 4 sets of 12-15 (Short)

Day 6:
Speed Squat 10 sets of 2 reps (Moderate)
Stiff-legged Deadlifts 4 sets of 12-15 (Short)
DB Rows 4 sets of 12-15 (Short)

Strength/Hypertrophy Phase

Day 7:
Bench Press 4 sets of 3-6 reps (Long)
Skull Crushers 3 sets 8-10 reps (Moderate)
Pec Dec 3 sets 8-10 reps (Moderate)
DB Military Press 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)

Day 8:
Squat 4 sets of 3-6 reps (Long)
Quad Extensions 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)
Hamstring Curls 3 sets of 8-10 (Moderate)
Calf Raise 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)

Day 9:
Lat Pull-Downs 3 sets of 5-8 (Long)
DB or T-Bar Rows 3 sets of 8-10 (Moderate)
Lower Back Hypers 3 sets of 8-10 (Moderate)
Shrugs 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)

Endurance/Strength Phase

Day 10:
Bench Press 4 sets of 3-6 (Long)
Incline Press 4 sets 12-15 (Short)
Lat Pull-Downs 4 sets 12-15 (Short)
Military Press 4 sets 12-15 (Short)

Day 11:
Squat 4 sets of 3-6 (Long)
Leg Press 4 sets 12-15 (Short)
Quad Extensions 4 sets 12-15 (Short)
Calf Raise 4 sets 12-15 (Short)

Day 12:
Deadlifts 4 sets of 3-6 (Long)
Lat Pull-Downs 4 sets 12-15 (Short)
DB or T-Bar Rows 4 sets 12-15 (Short)
Hamstring Curls 4 sets 12-15 (Short)

Hypertrophy/Strength Phase

Day 13:
Bench Press 3 sets 6-8 (Moderate)
Pec Dec 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)
Skull Crushers 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)
Military Press 3 sets 6-8 (Moderate)

Day 14:
Leg Press 4 sets 6-8 (Moderate)
Quad Extension 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)
Calf Raise 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)
Hamstring Curl 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)

Day 15:
Lat Pull-Downs 3 sets 6-8 (Moderate)
DB or T-Bar Rows 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)
Lower Back Hypers 3 sets 8-10 (Moderate)
So stay tuned for the first 15 workouts. :)
 
Best Wishes!!!
 
Archangel: Thanks man. :thumb:

bludevil: Thanks for the support, bro.
 
Tuesday; 7-8-2006


Strength/Power Phase

Flat Bench Presses
5 sets of 3 with 275

Speed Deadlifts
9 sets of 3 with 315

Lying Leg Curls
3 sets of 8 with 100

Cardio
10 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill, 3.4 MPH at an 8% incline.

Solid workout today, really powerful speed deadlifts today. Alternated my grip every other set, by the way. My bench strength is way down my last 3 sets of 3 with 275 was pretty much to failure.


Diet-

Preworkout: 2 scoops of whey protein
Postworkout: 1 scoop of whey protein + 1 cup of skim milk, whole-grain english muffin
Meal 1: 2 cans of tuna + 1/2 cup of brown rice
Meal 2: 1 brownie made with marijuana
Meal 3: 1% cottage cheese + pineapple
Meal 4: 2 scoops of whey protein + 1 cup of skim milk + 2 tbsp. peanut butter
Meal 5: 1/2 ham sandwich

Total Calories: 2,774
Total (g) Protein: 285g
Total (g) Carbs: 175g
Total (g) Fat: 102g


Sleep- 7 hours.

Weight- 210.5 lbs.
 
Last edited:
That's good though, you chose a good weight. That's designed to have you lifting in the high percentages of your 1RM. The power portion being the speed deads, which look really good. I know the first few days seem like low volume but it gets more cumbersome as the phases change.
 
SF: Thanks for the feedback, bro. Yeah the volume seemed okay, not really too high or too low. I took some pretty lengthy rest periods in between my bench sets, which seemed to make my workout take a bit longer. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's session. :)
 
Solid/Strong numbers, great w/o!!!
 
It's deja vu.... all over again!

SF has the ability to put together well thought out and creative workouts, and Mike who is ultra strong DOES make an excellent guinea pig (your words, not mine).

Me follow.
 
Muscle Gelz Transdermals
IronMag Labs Prohormones
Archangel: Thanks for the support, bro. :thumb:

JerseyDevil: Yeah man, you have no idea at all. All of SF's programs are great, I've never not had great results on it. I'm really looking forward to the gains that I'm going to make on it.
 
Seanp: Gotta' love it, man. ;)
 
Wednesday; 7-19-2006


Strength/Power Phase

Box Squats
5 sets of 3 with 315

Speed Bench Presses
9 sets of 3 with 135

Skullcrushers
3 sets of 7 with 105

Cardio
10 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill, 3.4 MPH at an 8% incline.


Diet-

Meal 1: 1% cottage cheese + peaches
Preworkout: 2 scoops of whey protein
Postworkout: 1 scoop of whey protein + 1 cup of skim milk, whole-grain english muffin
Meal 2: whole-wheat ham sandwich
Meal 3: 2 cans of tuna + pesto
Meal 4: 2 scoops of whey protein + 1 cup of skim milk + 2 tbsp. peanut butter
Meal 5: 1% cottage cheese + non-fat yogurt

Total Calories: 2,963
Total (g) Protein: 359g
Total (g) Carbs: 183g
Total (g) Fat: 84g


Sleep- 8 hours.
 
Last edited:
I know you're not a big fan of squats but that's solid work.

I actually like the way everything is mixed together in different capacities with this routine more than I did when I sent it over to you. It's going to keep your CNS off balance pretty much all the time.
 
SF: I didn't mind doing squats at all today, like I said before sometimes I really don't mind them. Especially after a huge lay-off from them. And I'm looking forward to getting into this program I can't wait to see what the next 15 are going to look like. :thumb:
 
Thursday; 7-20-2006


Rest

Cardio
14 minutes of HIIT interval training on the treadmill + 6 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill, 3.4 MPH at an 8% incline. My intervals today looked like this:

1- 3.0 MPH
2- 5.0 MPH
3- 3.0 MPH
4- 6.0 MPH
5- 3.0 MPH
6- 7.0 MPH
7- 3.0 MPH
8- 8.0 MPH
9- 3.0 MPH
10- 9.0 MPH
11- 3.0 MPH
12- 10.0 MPH
13- 3.0 MPH
14- 8.0 MPH

Not too bad, worked up a good sweat.


Diet-

Preworkout: 2 scoops of whey protein
Postworkout: 1 scoop of whey protein + 1 cup of skim milk
Meal 1: 2 cans of tuna + pesto
Meal 2: whole-wheat ham sandwich
Meal 3: 2 scoops of whey protein + 1 cup of skim milk + 2 tbsp. peanut butter
Meal 4: 1% cottage cheese + non-fat yogurt

Total Calories: 2,857
Total (g) Protein: 336g
Total (g) Carbs: 131g
Total (g) Fat: 108g


Sleep- 8 hours.

Weight- 206.6 lbs. Down a little bit.
 
Last edited:
Friday; 7-21-2006


Strength/Power Phase

Deadlifts
5 sets of 3 with 425

Speed Box Squats
10 sets of 2 with 225

Leg Presses
3 sets of 7 with 460

Cardio
10 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill, 3.4 MPH at an 8% incline.

Stupid leg extension at my gym was broken, so I had to substitute with leg presses. Solid workout, overall.


Diet-

Preworkout: 2 scoops of whey protein
Postworkout: MRP shake
Meal 1: 2 cans of tuna, 1/2 cup of brown rice, pesto
Meal 2: whole-wheat whey protein pancakes + maple syrup :nanner:
Meal 3: 2 packets of oatmeal + skim milk
Meal 4: 5 honey glazed chicken breasts
Meal 5: 4 Oreo cookies

Total Calories: 4,041
Total (g) Protein: 322g
Total (g) Carbs: 458g :eek:
Total (g) Fat: 107g

Decided that I was going to cheat cleanly, and track everything. Instead of going off my diet all out and pigging out, I think this was a much better alternative. I took in a bunch of alpha-lipoic acid before doing it and during along with a lot of fish oil so hopefully that helped out a lot. Today I'm going to keep my carbs down to help deplete my glycogen, then maybe in 3-5 days have another high-carb day.

I actually didn't intentionally do this but now that I did, I'm thinking about incorporating some kind of carb cycling into my diet for a few days and seeing how I like it. In other words since I'm doing a 2 days on 1 day off approach. Do a high-carb day on my training day, then a moderate-carb day the following day, and then on my rest day very low-carb, maybe even under 100g. We'll see how this works. :)


Sleep- 8 hours.

Weight- 208.8 lbs. Up some and I weighed myself first thing in the morning, has to be water weight.
 
Last edited:
I'm going to add 2 things here today, I'm going to add a progress picture that I took before tanning at the gym. And I'm going to add a link to a video that I took today, one of the sets of me pulling 425 for a triple:

Click here to watch Deadlift-425-x-3

Not too bad, looks a lot easier in the video than it felt pulling, lol.
 
Very solid in this phase. But then, strength training has never really been a problem for you. The deads look good, your form is good.
 
SF: Thanks bud, appreciate the support. I'm looking forward to starting tomorow with the next 3-day phase of this program. I think I'm going to be sticking to a 2 on 1 off split for the most part.

Seanp: Hah, yup. :)
 
Damn, you fuckin' stiff-legged that pretty much Mike! Nice pulling.
 
CowPimp: Hah, always man, always. I can't remember not SLDL'ing when I deadlift. Funny you say that because at the gym today I was really concentrating on getting my hips into it more, instead of straight hamstrings and lower back.
 
Saturday; 7-22-2006


Power/Endurance Phase

Speed Platform Deadlifts
7 sets of 3 with 225
2 sets of 2 with 275

Bench Presses
4 sets of 15 with 185

Cable Pressdowns
3 sets of 15 with 60

Cardio
10 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill, 3.4 MPH at an 8% incline.


Diet-

Preworkout: 2 scoops of whey protein
Postworkout: 1 scoop of whey protein + 1 cup of skim milk, 2 english muffins
Meal 1:
Meal 2:
Meal 3:
Meal 4:

Total Calories:
Total (g) Protein:
Total (g) Carbs:
Total (g) Fat:


Sleep- 8 hours.
 
Back
Top