• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Protein Question

Freeman

Bearded Attacker
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, I know someone has to know the answer to this.

Today, after work, on my way to the gym, I stopped by the Vitamin World store out where I work (outlet mall eww!). I was pricing their Designer Whey, as well as muscle-tech bars.
While looking at the bars, I told the lady how, IF I got the bars, I'd have to get the 35g protein bars, instead of the 25g bars. She told me that it's pointless to get more b/c your body can only absorb 25g at a time, and that it's a big scam that all these companies are playing on everyone. Especially myoplex she said. She said all these companies tell you "our shakes/bars have 40g protein per serving" etc. and that since your body can't deal with that much protein, you're basically just wasting your money. Now, as of now, I'm not really believing her, why?

1. Because she's fat. And why would I listen to someone who is out of shape? That's my first rule as far as training and anything of the sort go. Don't listen to people who aren't someone physically active!

2. She's ugly. And ugly people want to prevent us good-looking people from looking even better. Rat Bastards!

3. Money. Maybe she's motivated by it. Maybe she gets commission on the otehr bars or the Vitamin World product which only has 17g per serving.

But, I feel "better safe than sorry". So I'm asking you all...is there ANY truth to this!?!?!?! God I hope not! Thanks!

No no, I have heard 75g or less is wise, but I feel quite confident the body can take care of more than 25g of protein at a time.

However, I'm not a scientist thats just what I've heard.

Originally posted by freeman1504
2. She's ugly. And ugly people want to prevent us good-looking people from looking even better. Rat Bastards!

That is a great reason to not trust her. There is a point where protien cannot be absorbed. Unless you are 4 foot and 80 pounds Your body can more than likely abosrb around 45 to 60 grams of protein at a time.

Dont trusted the ugly fat people they are out to get you.:laugh: :laugh:

lmao! :laugh:

Yes...there is a point when protein can not be absorbed, no one knows specifically what it is though. I think it's different according to BW and LBM, someone twice me w8 and/or muscle mass will obviously be able to use more protein than I....generally, 40-60 g a shot is good for a guy, 30-50 is good for a girl....of course, all bets are off if someone's juicing :D

BW is important! Imagine lil ol' me (290 lbs. only able to take 25g of protein and "x" amt of Carbs. I'd be starving and small because my body would eat off of my muscle! And believe me, I would never replace the amt of protein loss with carbs! Tell that FAT -ugly lady to go stick it! Oh, and when I get to Orlando next month, Warn her about me! LOL!

Originally posted by davidjasondean
Tell that FAT -ugly lady to go stick it! Oh, and when I get to Orlando next month, Warn her about me! LOL!

Me 2 It will be an IM mugging.

Fear MR. T

I guess we all believe she isn't an expert in nutrition, enough said. Sorry lady but...

Yeah I was told the same thing by a college professor, but keep in mind most of these people are not bodybuilders, nor do they even lift weights, so they make these statements based on average people just trying to stay in average shape. These statements do not apply to bodybuilders or people just trying to gain serious muscle mass in general. On the other hand, It has been documented by many people who actually ARE bodybuilders and/or are trying to put on serious mass that it is recommended you take 2g of protein per lb of weight a day.

IML Gear Cream!
For all we know, she may have read it was worthless to intake more than 25g per meal because more was not needed. I don't know what diet advice I'd take from a 340 pound woman.

LOL absolutely! I figured as much. Thanks guys for the feedback. I still might buy some stuff from her b/c I got a 25% "members's" card where I get a 25% discount. Just out of curiousity, how much does Designer Whey cost at all of your local dealers?

Sure, still buy from her but bring a friend with you at all times and talk to him /her while purchasing stuff or pretend to talk on your cell phone so you don't have to engage in conversation with her. Better yet, bring her a large pizza. That should shut her up!

Skip the food and milk bc/ she'll probably fall in love with you and jump your bones right then and there!!!! :lol:

OMG! Is she really 400 lbs.? Who the hell in their right minds would have a 400 lb lady sell nutritional items mind you, give advice? This is so wrong! Vitamin world in the Florida Mall, huh? I may be up their this week and I will definitely stop in and visit. OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!

Back