• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

reverse pyramid sets

Vvitto

Never surrender
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Do you guys do any reverse pyramid sets?

Did you get good results?
I am looking for some variation and just thought I might give it a try...

ANyone??

Nobody does this kind of training? Start with the heaviest and decrease weight?

For those who do reverse pyramid sets :

Do you do them for every exercise? If you do 4 different exercise for one muscle group, would you perform this type of routine for each exercise?
Could anyone care to post a routine?

Originally posted by TriZZle305
just for a major muscle for me because your burning the complimentary muscles as well, so i just do normal sets for triceps and shoulders for example

Should I assume that you do reverse pyramid for legs too?

Reverse pyramids eh, sounds interesting gonna give that a try once or twice. :D

I don't really do a Reverse pyramid, but sometimes on a 4th set I'll drop the weight and pound out 10 reps to falure.
So I normally pyramid up.
First set 8
Second set 6 increase wieght
Third set 4 increased wieght
forth set 10 with less weight than the first set.

Originally posted by Scotty the Body
I don't really do a Reverse pyramid, but sometimes on a 4th set I'll drop the weight and pound out 10 reps to falure.
So I normally pyramid up.
First set 8
Second set 6 increase wieght
Third set 4 increased wieght
forth set 10 with less weight than the first set.

I do that with bench sometimes as a fifth set, just drop the whole thing back to 90 pounds and wail on it until i can't lift it anymore.

I just realised i do this.

Well, kinda. A variation really.

I do one heavy set for 4-6 reps and then drop the weight and for my second set do 8-12 reps. Pretty much for every exercise.

IML Gear Cream!
I do this with all my major muscle groups. I know about where my maxes are and after warming up I get the heaviest weight (that I can do 6 times) and do that first. Second set is a little less weight with a few more reps and so on. This way you can do more weight, more times instead of wasting all that time and energy working up to a certain weight. You'd be surprised how much more weight you can do this way instead of working up.

I think this is the best way to train. If your goal is to lift more weight, I don't understand why you would do a conventional pyramid. All you are doing is tiring yourself out before you get to you max for whatever rep range you are in. Just do your couple warmup sets, take a good rest break, then go to the heaviest weight you will be lifting. Then after that you can drop the weight a bit and focus on a higher rep set if you want.

Back