• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sauna/Steam Rooms any use to BB's???

Raz

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi to all of u, I was just wondering are there any side effects/ad's/dis-ad's to sauna's and steam room's? I train mon/wed/fri and my workout las 45mins-1hr str8 afta my workouts I would head 4 a showa jump in da steam room, have ma Post WO shake :lick: stay in dere 15mins n den 15mins roughly in da steam room! I was jus wundering how many of u guys use these and y? We cud do with a vote but don't know how to do it! Any feedback i thank-you :D

I always take a sauna/steam after a workout. I think it has a real benefit in helping to relax your muscles after the hard session and use it as a kind of 'warm down' period (even though technically I'm getting hotter!).

Now I hate doing a workout if I can't get my sauna/steam too - last time I tried it I was aching much more the next day.

Well that's a thumb's up! Thanks Will, I'm just taking ppl's experience's into account or any knowledge dey have on this subject! I feel the same way as u 2 b onest i take the opportunity to relax, stretch off n enjoy ma Post WO shake as i mentioned! Thanks agen!

I think they're about worthless except for relaxation purposes. All you're doing is sweating out a bunch of water weight.

Good point! Don't some BB's do this b4 contest to make dem luk more shredded. Makin all dere cuts stand out and veins pop out like cables ?

CowPimp said:
I think they're about worthless except for relaxation purposes. All you're doing is sweating out a bunch of water weight.

What about in terms of allowing your muscles to relax? I used to do a load of competitive swimming (quite high level) and we were always told that if you don't have time for a proper 'cool down' after a hard session, then taking a sauna/steam or a hot shower was best for relaxing the muscles and avoiding injury. Do you not agree?

Experience has shown me that my muscles ache more the next day after a hard workout if I don't have a sauna/steam afterwards - I feel more relaxed (mentally and physically) after taking one.

Me too + my skin feels smooth and fresh !!! (-:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I love the steam room, it's a shame my gym doesn't have one.[/FONT]
I came up with this while searching.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Link[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some other benefits of steam and sauna are:[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Provides a cardiovascular benefits and helps condition the heart: The heart rate increases when the body is exposed to high temperature, improving circulation.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Soothes and relaxes tired muscles. Heat can be beneficial for post workout relaxation. It can revive tired and strained muscles after physical exertion.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Help relieve allergies and sinus congestion, help arthritis pain and reduce sunburn pain.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Helps cleanse the skin as the pores open in your skin.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exposure to high heat creates an artificial fever state. Fever is part of the body's natural healing process. Fever stimulates the immune system resulting in increased production of disease fighting white blood cells and antibodies.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sauna and steam rooms can be an aid in weight loss. As you unwind, your body is actually hard at work producing sweat and increasing your heart rate, which in turn burns calories. Combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, sauna bathing can burn as much as 300 calories during each session.[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can help relieve inflammation and congestion of the upper respiratory membranes.[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Relieves throat irritation by moistening the air.[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Helps relieve spasmodic breathing. (asthma, croup)[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Helps loosen secretions and stimulate discharges of mucous in the throat and lungs and reduces excessive throat and lung drying.[/FONT]

Don't know if it's all accurate but it's interesting.[/FONT]

Thanks min, wiv that in perspective i myt go n hit the gym ryt now n take dat nice sauna afterwards! (-;

Raz said:
Thanks min, wiv that in perspective i myt go n hit the gym ryt now n take dat nice sauna afterwards! (-;

yew dur gun gunna bettah larn t'type co'reckly af'er thet sun!

MWpro said:
yew dur gun gunna bettah larn t'type co'reckly af'er thet sun!

:hmmm: that was funny

there are much effective ways to pull water besides going into a sauna.

Although, I have heard that its good for pushing out toxants from your body ie THC

Interesting Mino. I'll have to look into it more.

I don't know what it's like being in a sauna/steam room since I've never been in one, but would a hot shower be a good substitute?

gmontem said:
I don't know what it's like being in a sauna/steam room since I've never been in one, but would a hot shower be a good substitute?

Certainly not sir! U don't get half da feel good factor from a shower rather than a sauna/steam room!

gmontem said:

Not even close.

gmontem said:

I don't know about that, but contrast showers can definitely aid in recovery.

Back