• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

So you think you know Arnold?

IML Gear Cream!
in between the quiz running here this list is of absolute help to suggest what are the movies done by the bodybuilder turned actor as most often it happens to be aware with the scene but forget the title .. now this is to help in recalling ..

Um... thank you?

arnie-black-bentley-convertible.jpg

The Oak driving his black Bentley convertible

What Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger did right

Obamacare is off to a better start in California because of Schwarzenegger's early action to lay the groundwork.

By George Skelton
October 30, 2013

The Obamacare rollout in California has been bumpy, but it's running much more smoothly here than in most of America. And for that, we can thank former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Gov. Jerry Brown deserves kudos, too. But it was Schwarzenegger who leapt in and became the nation's first governor to embrace the federal Affordable Care Act and begin planning to implement the ambitious program.

"The Republican governor who preceded us jumped early and we accepted the baton that he tossed," says Diana Dooley, Brown's secretary of the Health and Human Services Agency. She also chairs the board for Covered California, the insurance exchange that operates Obamacare in the state.

Schwarzenegger gets blamed for many mess-ups and there's no sense in reciting them here, except for one. That was his failed attempt to enact universal healthcare in California. But that failure has led to a relatively successful rollout of Obamacare in this state.

The champion bodybuilder and Hollywood action hero was always thinking big, searching for a "fantastic" program to enact. And in 2007, he embarked on a year-long crusade to create universal healthcare as a legacy.

Schwarzenegger borrowed from a program enacted in Massachusetts by then-Gov. Mitt Romney -- the same Mitt Romney who, as the 2012 Republican presidential nominee, repeatedly attacked President Obama for his similar healthcare act.

Romney's, Schwarzenegger's and Obama's plans all had two crucial similarities: They required practically everyone to buy health insurance -- the "individual mandate" -- and barred insurers from denying coverage to people with preexisting medical conditions.

Since then, the political dynamic has flipped on the individual mandate. It was originally proposed by conservatives who objected to people without insurance "freeloading" off premium buyers and taxpayers in hospital emergency rooms. But liberals objected to requiring poor people to buy plans they couldn't afford from for-profit insurers.

Schwarzenegger had a tough time selling the individual mandate to Democratic legislators. But he struck an alliance with then-Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez (D-Los Angeles). And they finally won over lower house Democrats by providing government subsidies for the poor -- similar to what Obama later did, inciting heated opposition from Republicans.

In the end, it didn't matter in Sacramento. The economy was starting to tank. State government was falling into a $15-billion deficit crevasse while Schwarzenegger was proposing a $15-billion healthcare plan.

His proposal passed the Assembly but was killed in the Senate in early 2008. That house felt left out because it hadn't been part of the negotiating, and besides, some key senators -- particularly Sheila Kuehl (D-Santa Monica) -- were holding out for a government-run "single-payer" system.

Fast forward two years, and Obamacare squeaks through Congress.

Schwarzenegger barely hesitated. The Republican governor hugged the Democratic president's program and announced that California would create its own market exchange to implement it.

"The Republican Party was pushing him hard not to do it," recalls Daniel Zingale, a Schwarzenegger advisor and an architect of his plan. "Republicans considered it the final insult. It was the red cape for the bull."

Zingale, a self-described liberal and currently a senior official with California Endowment, an activist organization promoting more healthcare access, says, "The fact that Schwarzenegger signed the exchange bill was a big deal because Brown then could hit the ground running with that already in place."

But "Jerry also deserves a lot of credit," Zingale adds, for expanding Medi-Cal -- California's version of Medicaid for poor people -- as part of Obamacare.

Kim Belshe, the Health and Human Services secretary under Schwarzenegger and a member of the Covered California board, says that "when the Affordable Care Act became law, California already had done the hard work on policy planning and building a supportive coalition. We'd worked with insurers, consumer groups and the business community. We were ready to move."

Then Brown took office in January 2011, and told Dooley: "Don't mess it up." Or words to that effect that can't be printed in the paper.

One crucial step, Dooley says, was balancing the state budget. Brown and the Legislature ultimately did it, with more spending cuts and the governor's tax increase.

Without the budget-balancing, Dooley says, "It would have been very hard to go forward" with Obamacare. It's costing the state about $200 million this budget year for Medi-Cal expansion. Next year, the price tag will be even higher.

Of course, the most important factor in making Obamacare work in California is that this is a blue state that actually wants it to ? unlike politicians in red states who believe it's OK to shut down the federal government, then gripe that the healthcare website is badly flawed.

California is one of 16 states that launched its own Obamacare website.

And it tried to keep things simple by limiting the insurers to a dozen. In states where scores of different plans are being offered, says Covered California Executive Director Peter Lee, "it's a recipe for confusion."

California's website "is not perfect, but it works," Lee says.

He won't say how many people have been enrolled -- that won't be revealed until mid-November -- but "it's absolutely more than I had ever expected."

Take a bow, Arnold.

Last edited:
New bromance? Pro boxer Wladimir Klitschko towers over idol Arnold Schwarzenegger as pair take hummer for a spin

November 9, 2013

You'd think that not much could make Arnold Schwarzenegger look small.

But as he took fellow physique aficionado Wladimir Klitschko for a spin in his beloved green Hummer on Saturday, the 6ft 2in former Governor of California was pint sized in comparison to his 6ft 6in friend and fan.

The 66-year-old bodybuilder could not wipe the grin off his face as he and Wladimir - who is Hayden Panettiere's fiance - enjoyed a little weekend bromance in Brentwood, California.

w1.jpg

Hello up there! Arnold Schwarzenegger took his fellow muscular pal Wladimir Klitschko - who is engaged to Hayden Panettiere - for a spin in his car on Saturday, only to have him tower a head above him

Wladimir - who hails from the Ukraine - was a truly ripped, colossal specimen of a man, with his muscles threatening to bust out of his skin.

He dressed himself casually for the rendezvous with his idol, keeping things low key in a grey Nike T-shirt and similarly coloured shorts over comfortable trainers.

Meanwhile, Arnold opted to keep his own spectacularly bulky body covered up in neat khaki trousers and a happy green T-shirt beneath a suave leather jacket.

With his true form hidden and the giant professional boxer towering over him with ease, The Terminator legend could have been mistaken for your everyday Joe on this unique occasion.

w2.jpg

Wait for me! The 66-year-old former Governor of California chased after his long-legged fighter pal

It seems Arnie's mission for the day was to proudly take his buddy for a spin in his green Hummer, which he has even converted to run as a hybrid vehicle since he bought it.

And it was a funny sight to see as the tall boxer attempted to fit himself inside his idol's car, with his head appearing to almost poke a hole in the canvas ceiling as the Total Recall star fit in the driver's seat with perfect ease.
The pair of bulky men enjoyed a good giggle and exchange of words as they soaked up the Los Angeles sun and played with the giant four-wheeled toy.

After the man-date, they added fuel to their growing bromance by gushing via Twitter about how much they enjoyed hanging out with each other.

w3.jpg

Buddies: Arnie enthusiastically shared a snap of he and his friend by his car, saying 'Great to see you today @Klitschko!'

w4.jpg

Mind the ceiling! The 6'6 heavyweight could barely fit in Arnold's green Hummer

'Great to see you today @Klitschko!' Arnold reminisced, posting a happy snap of the two muscular fellows by the green hummer.
And Wladimir was quick to reply.

'@Schwarzenegger Great seeing u again my man. Ur constant inspiration to millions around the world! #inspiration' he wrote, obviously on cloud nine after mingling with his idol.

The boxing heavyweight made his admiration for the great Arnie very clear in a recent Twitter snap he shared with the world, in which he tried to emulate one of the Governator's famous poses.

'Ish ... Lol. Trying to catch u since I'm 12,' wrote the athlete.

w5.jpg

His idol? Wladimir recently showed his appreciation for Arnold by posting a Twitter snap trying to emulate one of the bodybuilder's infamous poses

And the feeling was mutual, apparently, with Arnold tweeting back his own attempt at recreating one of 37-year-old Wladimir's very own poses, captioning it: 'Great shot! It?s fantastic to see one of my favorite champions nailing my pose. Right back at you.'

Wladimir is also known for his romance with actress Hayden, and the pair finally confirmed their engagement in October after she had been spotted with a giant ring on her finger.

Meanwhile, the big boxer continues to follow in the footsteps of his hero, Arnie, as he too tries his hand at acting.

His latest movie, Pain&Gain, was released in April and it stars Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson as bodybuilders caught in a kidnapping scheme that goes wrong.

w6.jpg

'Trying to catch you since I was 12!' Wladimir Klitschko shared a snap with Arnold via Twitter in which he tried to emulate one of his famous poses

w7.jpg

'Right back at you!' Arnold Schwarzenegger was quick to reply to his idol, saying that he too thought highly of him

w8.jpg

Sorry can I plz have the one of Wladimir and Hayden P too? Thx!

From Pro boxer Wladimir Klitschko towers over idol Arnold Schwarzenegger as pair take hummer for a spin | Mail Online

IML Gear Cream!
arrny will always be the greatest

^^^^ Agreed! :thumbs:

Arnold Schwarzenegger seemed to be on TV all the time back in the day. Good to see him in theaters again! Looking forward to his new film, Sabotage, on March 28th.

Here's a look back!

arnold-on-tonight-show.png

Just the Arnold portion, in three parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OXujrjcRk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CUG06OOE0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2AiLbpkngA

And the full episode, airdate November 13, 1979:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ict7Gr19rDY#t=182

How 'bout a Pumping Iron: Senior edition with Arnold, Lou, and Dave Draper to name a few:

Arnold on his killer Snapchat game!

Arnold Schwarzenegger on His Killer Snapchat Game and Blowing Sh*t Up for Charity

By Jeff Sneider
May 19, 2015

arnoldselfie.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger takes a selfie (Getty Images)

Social media ?has been very good? for reaching fans, the star of ?Terminator: Genisys? and ?Maggie? tells TheWrap

After filming the blockbusters ?Terminator: Genisys? and the intimate indie ?Maggie,? international superstar Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning his attention to After-School All-Stars, a program that helps at-risk youth.

Schwarzenegger recently teamed with Omaze, a company that raffles off one-of-a-kind experiences with celebrities, on an action-packed promo to support After-School All-Stars, which helps young people stay safe, happy and healthy as they pursue higher education and careers that give back to the community.

Those who donate to the Omaze campaign are automatically entered to win a chance to ?blow sh*t up with Arnold Schwarzenegger,? who has always held education near and dear to his heart, having led the Prop 49 initiative in 2002 that raised nearly $500 million for California after-school programs before he became governor.

Schwarzenegger has been particularly adept at navigating social media to get his message across, and TheWrap recently named him one of its 13 Hollywood stars killing it on Snapchat. At 67 years young, he has stayed ahead of the social media curve thanks to his right-hand man Daniel Ketchell, who was a fresh-out-of-college staffer when Schwarzenegger took office and has been with him ever since.

arnoldsnapchat.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger Snapchat

?Arnold has been a marketing expert for basically his whole life, from spreading bodybuilding to selling movies overseas, so he always wants to connect with people in new ways,? Ketchell told TheWrap. ?It?s honestly the best time giving him the tools and letting him show his personality and message directly to his fans with no filter.?

Schwarzenegger took time out of his busy schedule of blowing stuff up in a tank to speak to TheWrap Tuesday about his social media prowess and how his fans have the power to change the lives of at-risk youth.

Is social media a valuable tool to get people involved in charity?

I think it?s a very effective way of raising money. When you have a charity like this, or a program you?re passionate about, the #1 thing you work on is raising money, because there are experts who handle the organizational part. We have the private sector, the non-profit sector and the public sector working together and hopefully we?ll raise a lot of money like we did last year. We have fun and let people live out their dream. They meet me, we have breakfast, we work out, we take photographs and then I take them out to the ranch and blow things up. It?s another way of raising $1 million to $2 million.

You?re on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope. What?s your favorite platform to use?

It depends what it is for, but Snapchat has been one of the things that has been very good. Reddit too. After a screening of ?Maggie,? we did a selfie line where people who thought they?d never take a picture with me can now take a selfie with me. I?m having a great time with social media. Some like it and some don?t. I happen to like it.

Are your kids ever embarrassed about your presence on social media? Have you converted any of your friends?

No, the kids like it. And a lot of people get encouraged by my age [to join social media]. They know I?m not a genius when it comes to all this technology, and they say, ?well if he can do it and he uses it, maybe we should do it too.?

Do you feel like a viral video starring a celebrity blowing things up is practically required to get people involved in charity these days?

I know George Clooney has gone out and had dinner with somebody and raised money with a nice, quiet evening and a photo op. Everyone does it a different way. People know me as kind of the action star, and how many actors or people have their own M47 tank? I used to drive an American tank when I was in the Austrian army and they handed it over when it was outdated. They wanted to destroy the tanks completely but they shipped this one over and I drive it around. It works 100 percent! My kids? friends, every time we did an action scene, they said, ?make sure you?re gonna be on the set when your Daddy blows things up.? It was kind of Christmas for them, so I think people would enjoy driving around and crushing things in a tank.

You said that most people know you as an action star, but your new movie, ?Maggie,? shows you in a very different light. How did you use social media to promote a smaller indie film like that one, and is it any different than the social media strategy for a big movie like ?Terminator: Genisys??

We had a Reddit screening, that was really a huge success. It?s funny, when I told the studio about it, they said, ?I don?t know if this will work, let us get back to you.? I said, ?there is no getting back to me. This is what we?re doing. I already told the Reddit people.? With ?Terminator,? we?ve already been out there with posters and trailers. I feel very strongly about going directly to our audience and not having to worry about holding a press conference. The media is great ? I?m a creation of the media ? but the downside is that you can?t always get the information out the way you want because they have their own idea of what they want to promote. You want to push the after-school program #1 and they want to write about something else, like ?Terminator.? This is the power of social media.

From http://www.thewrap.com/arnold-schwa...snapchat-game-and-blowing-sht-up-for-charity/

^^^ Yup! November 12, 2011, so more than five years ago. Time flies! Here was the first post in the thread. Answer is, of course, Jingle All the Way!

Look at the image below. Guess the movie's name. First correct answer gets repped. :thumb:

Do it for fun or for the green dots (or both)! Here's the first image. What's the movie's title?

arnold-movie1.JPG

Look at the image below. Guess the movie's name. First correct answer gets repped. :thumb:

Do it for fun or for the green dots (or both)! Here's the image. What's the movie's title?

Attachments

• whatmovie.png
    whatmovie.png
    747 KB · Views: 13
Back