• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Tennis Elbow

AKIRA

I am Rollo Tomassee..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well, I think Ive got it. :mad: After a google search and a search on here, it seems a doctor visit would be a waste of money. My symptoms are pretty darn similar:

-Little pops every so often
-Stiffness in the joint
-Some pain when grasping
-Hurt during Bench

I took 5 days off from upper body then tried to do an upper, horizontal yesterday. Bench was my first exercise. Felt it right away, something popped, then no more pain. No pain during pulls whatsoever. Later on during the day, pain returned but nearly as much as it did before the 5 days off. :twitch:

From what I gathered on the internet about causes, two things kept coming up. Repeated use and twisting forearm motions. Well, :bash: Ive been doing higher frequency workouts with kettlebell workouts at the end of each session. These KB workouts involve a twist of the wrist during every single rep. :(

I need some first hand knowledge on how much advil you guys have taken, how much time off youve had, how much ice used (i have ice on right now), if you substituted exercises instead of totally taking time off, etc.

:geewhiz: I can switch to dumbells no problem, but if its best to just take time off, well...

I also had tennis elbow. I think mine came from weight training combined with weekend disc gold. Once I developed it, I had it for about a year. Plenty of things helped the soreness, but nothing helped it heal.

I quite going to the gym for a really long time. When I went back this most recent time, my elbow seemed to have completely healed. I have no pain what so ever.

Last edited:
Fuck, a year!? :nail:

A year of not training or playing disc gold at that. I'm not saying this is what you will have to do, I'm just saying I took off for about 3 or 4 months and it didn't help a bit.

Same story here guys, on my 4th month now, pain's still there!

Saw a sports massage therapist for a single session about two weeks back and that was the ONLY thing which really has helped! Symptoms at least halved, can do pull/push with very minimal discomfort now. It hurts like hell though when I try to do any reverse triceps pushdowns with cable but apart from that I'm good.

You can buy a tennis elbow strap for support. It fits around your forearm just below the elbow. Won't fix the problem, but it does make training a lot more comfortable,and lessens the likelihood of making the injury worse. Repetitive use injuries can really be a bitch. Good luck!

This is bad news. I am pissed. Those who have frequented my journal can see that I dont put up the numbers I used to and that includes volume.

The pain I have is nonexistent unless I move my arm a certain way and even then its just a reminder. In a pain scale of 1 - 10 I am at about a 3 or a 4.

Kel, where would you rate yours? Post, Pre, during injury?

This is bad news. I am pissed. Those who have frequented my journal can see that I dont put up the numbers I used to and that includes volume.

The pain I have is nonexistent unless I move my arm a certain way and even then its just a reminder. In a pain scale of 1 - 10 I am at about a 3 or a 4.

Kel, where would you rate yours? Post, Pre, during injury?

From a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being equivalent to having a 14 gauge needle stuck through the head of my dick: I would rate the pain a 2, and even then I only give it a two because the pain was consistent, nagging, and distracting. It didn't actually interfere with my strength, but the constant detraction really ruined lifting for me until I finally gave up. But, there were a lot of other factors involved in that decision unrelated to me elbow.

The good news is that it can go away. I feel better now than I have in the last 5 or 6 years. Only issues I have is the same nagging knee problems I always have, but it isn't interfering with my lifting at all, thank god. It only hurts in the morning usually.

I don't know what to tell ya. I'm sorry you have this, and I know that taking off isn't an option. Injuries of the tendons are the worst.

Invest in one of those elbow straps from the pharmacy and ice the daylights out of it at least once a day. Ice in a baggy wrapped in a towel and keep it there until it actually hurts from the cold. Get the inflammation down.

I did Deads today and no pain. I tried some kettlebell movements and there it was. :pissed:

Son of a fucking bitch. I dont want to take any advil right now as it may interfere with my legs' recovery, but it doesnt hurt right now anyway.

I bought some Glucosamine, Chond., MSM shit. I dont know if it will help, but lets give it a try. Got some fish oil too. Gonna ice it after I shower my ball sack.

From a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being equivalent to having a 14 gauge needle stuck through the head of my dick: I would rate the pain a 2, and even then I only give it a two because the pain was consistent, nagging, and distracting. It didn't actually interfere with my strength, but the constant detraction really ruined lifting for me until I finally gave up. But, there were a lot of other factors involved in that decision unrelated to me elbow.

When would it hurt in normal everyday life? Getting keys out of your pocket, pushing up on the arm rails to get out of a chair, etc?

IML Gear Cream!
I did Deads today and no pain. I tried some kettlebell movements and there it was. :pissed:

Son of a fucking bitch. I dont want to take any advil right now as it may interfere with my legs' recovery, but it doesnt hurt right now anyway.

I bought some Glucosamine, Chond., MSM shit. I dont know if it will help, but lets give it a try. Got some fish oil too. Gonna ice it after I shower my ball sack.

When would it hurt in normal everyday life? Getting keys out of your pocket, pushing up on the arm rails to get out of a chair, etc?

At the time, I was still moving furniture for a living. So I was aware of it all day long. Oddly enough I remember that prepping my food with a knife always seemed to aggravate it the worst.

The pain will mainly come from a twisting motion of the wrist.I had it for a year maybe a bit longer.Depo Medrol injections in the tendon at the elbow gave me the ability to still lift.It took one about every 6mos.which was a total of 2.I started using elastiflex by BCS labs,and I swear that I'm not pimping any product(it was cheap and someone I know told me about it)anyhow it's been 2 yrs and no more inj.and even though I have an occasional flare up it's no where near where it was.It hasn't fixed it totaly but has made it tolerable.

See, I am wondering if I am just past the precautionary mode and just IN the injury zone. That being said, I wonder if I am in a less worse state than others because Ive identified it very soon.

In other words, I dont have any pain when making sandwiches..

Seriously, ice it. It's cheaper and shorter. Instead of a year it's a few weeks.

I had the same problems for months nagging pain was there no matter what I did. Went and visited my physio and he recommended stretching my forearms in between each set and then ice and heat afterwards. I see him once a week just for general maintenance now and all he does is a bit of needle work to relieve the tension in my forearms and around my elbow. problem is 98% gone, every now and then get some discomfort after a big session and only if I don't look after them.

I had the same problems for months nagging pain was there no matter what I did. Went and visited my physio and he recommended stretching my forearms in between each set and then ice and heat afterwards. I see him once a week just for general maintenance now and all he does is a bit of needle work to relieve the tension in my forearms and around my elbow. problem is 98% gone, every now and then get some discomfort after a big session and only if I don't look after them.

What kind of stretches?

I wound up with a case of tennis elbows (yes...both) from doing heavy bicep curls with bad form. I lightened up on the weights, stuck to proper form, & iced my elbows after every workout that included using my elbow. I added Cissus to my supplement regimen to help repair & strengthen my tendons. I took about 5 months, but now I am right back to heavier weights (w/proper form now) without discomfort.

What kind of stretches?

Stretches

1) Face a wall, place both your hands on the wall fingers up keeping your arms straight. Then while keeping your palm in contact with the wall try and pull your fingers back.

2) Same as above but fingers pointing downwards.

As I said before I have minimul problems now and if I do start feeling some discomfort I just get him to do some needle work.

Hope it helps.

IML Gear Cream!
After I asked you, I went ahead and asked my room mate who is in school for PT. He suggested similar stretches. It seems that when my fingers point up, I feel tightness, though my room mate said I had better flexibility than him.

Gonna try to do some squats today..

i have it bad in my left elbow. the strap montioned above that goes around the forearm, just below the elbow helps alot. i have found that icing it down before and after workin out helps alot too.

If you get an elbow strap, get the aircast elbow band I have had many of them and it works the best it was suggested by my orthopedic, stretches and forearm exercises will help,

Back