• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

To 'failure' question

phosphor

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been out of the loop in working out for 4+ years. Getting back into things, I have ofcourse found my strength severly lacking -as expected. My main concern is when I am doing sets, I will lose all strength/energy to where I cannot really even struggle with that last rep - the energy is just completely gone and have to set the bar back down. In the past, I was able to at least 'struggle' that last one - even if I didn't get it, at least I could kinda burn through and really push the muscle. Now, either it's there or it's not.

I tried the a creatin/oxide drink to see if maybe that would help a bit, but seems like a waste of money and do not notice any difference in anything (energy, pumps, etc).

Is this just a normal experience getting back into the swing? I have not had a layoff like this ever, so this is new to me and frusterating. Any insight is appreciated.

ofcourse you lose strenght during your set, if you didnt you probably wouldn't be working hard at all. Dont worry, be humble, go hard, 4 yrs is a pretty long break.

I use nitric oxide and it works for me, if it doesnt for you the answer is simple, dont waste your money. atleast now you know.

I have been out of the loop in working out for 4+ years. Getting back into things, I have ofcourse found my strength severly lacking -as expected. My main concern is when I am doing sets, I will lose all strength/energy to where I cannot really even struggle with that last rep - the energy is just completely gone and have to set the bar back down. In the past, I was able to at least 'struggle' that last one - even if I didn't get it, at least I could kinda burn through and really push the muscle. Now, either it's there or it's not.

I tried the a creatin/oxide drink to see if maybe that would help a bit, but seems like a waste of money and do not notice any difference in anything (energy, pumps, etc).

Is this just a normal experience getting back into the swing? I have not had a layoff like this ever, so this is new to me and frusterating. Any insight is appreciated.

i felt the same way when is started 6 mos ago..

the answer is simple: you need stamina and endurance...

this means you got to build up by doing high reps, low rests and mix alot of that into it. your muscles have to build back up its ability for energy storage and it happens pretty fast.

Endurance before strength...

i felt the same way when is started 6 mos ago..

the answer is simple: you need stamina and endurance...

this means you got to build up by doing high reps, low rests and mix alot of that into it. your muscles have to build back up its ability for energy storage and it happens pretty fast.

Endurance before strength...
What? No. Train for strength and it will come back. And of course you're weak coming back into the gym. You will get back to what you were doing before soon enough.

Training to failure is not worth it for me.
Only henders my production throughout the day.

What? No. Train for strength and it will come back. And of course you're weak coming back into the gym. You will get back to what you were doing before soon enough.

I'm going to have to disagree.

I find that if you build endurance by doing sets of 8-12 reps with weight you can handle for a few months, it becomes much eaiser to throw the heavy weight on and work your muscles hard for 3-5 reps with the big boy weight.

It varies from person to person however.

Oh 8-12 is not endurance, endurance would be considered something in a much higher rep range. When I think endurance reps I think about someone doing 100 push ups or 30 pull ups or something. 8-12 reps would be fine to get back into things though.

I used to trans till failure, but recently I do less reps more wait. I think it's part of the HIT concept.

This is excellent, just means youre training hard. Keep it up and you'll be able to increase weight or reps once your body becomes stronger. I wouldn't worry about supplements for now getting back into things. Maybe throw in some creatine when you're a few months in.

IML Gear Cream!
dont want to thread jack, but for strength gain should you be doing reps in the 4-6 range or reps in the 7-10 range?

Lower rep range helps more with 1 rep maxes.

My advice, for your first 6 months or so, train in various rep reanges. 2 weeks of 8-12, 2 weeks of 6-10 and then 2 weeks of 15-20. After this 6 weeks, assess where you are, what rep range yeilded the best results and if need be, take a week off to recover. Don't worry just yet about "failure". It is a result of increased endurance, it will come as you get stronger.

Getting bigger, stronger, whatever the goal is not an overnight event. Diet plays the biggest key in training, I know for me that I can tell on the days that my diet was crappy by my endurance and strength in the gym. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Give it time and if you are dedicated and disciplined, you will see results.

Last edited:
My advice, for your first 6 months or so, train in various rep reanges. 2 weeks of 8-12, 2 weeks of 6-10 and then 2 weeks of 15-20. After this 6 weeks, assess where you are, what rep range yeilded the best results and if need be, take a week off to recover. Don't worry just yet about "failure". It is a result of increased endurance, it will come as you get stronger.

Getting bigger, stronger, whatever the goal is not an overnight event. Diet plays the biggest key in training, I know for me that I can tell on the days that my diet was crappy by my endurance and strength in the gym. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Give it time and if you are dedicated and disciplined, you will see results.

Always good advice coming from anabolic5150:winkfinger:

Kudos to anabolic 5150. Diet is the key.

You have been away from resistance training for 4+ years. I am sure that your diet is not where it needs to be. When you are training, you need to ensure that you are taking in the proper amount of nutrients at critical times. Two of those critical times are pre and post workout. Carbs and Protein are essential to the process.

Going back to training now represents a lifestyle change. This means you have to assess everything that you are doing. I would bet that being out of the loop for 4 years plus means that your diet is not where it needs to be. Also, alcohol intake should be kept to an absolute minimum. Very bad for you when training. Proper sleep is also essential to the recovery process.

Take a good look at where you are and I'll bet you if you tweak a few things, you will see great progress in no time! Best of luck.

I can tell on the days that my diet was crappy by my endurance and strength in the gym.

I was thinking the same thing. OP might not be taking in the proper nutrients to fuel his work out.

I was thinking the same thing. OP might not be taking in the proper nutrients to fuel his work out.

It's always hard to tell, somedays we think we eat great and we learn that we really don't. Took me a long time to learn the value of nutrition, maybe if the OP posted a days diet, we could all take a peek and maybe help.

One word. Mitochondria. Focus on high reps 20-30 reps. By building more Mitochondria, the power house of the muscle, you wont burn out so fast. Also Mitochondria gets 70% of its energy from fat.

Back