• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Vanadyl Sulfate

Mudge

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone believe in the use of this at all, or disbelieve? Any articles on it you swear by? I tried this many years ago when it was a fad sometime in the 90s but didn't notice anything special with using it. Supposedly there is a risk to the kidneys if using more than 15g a day for a year or so.

Too good to be true?

It's hard to tell if something like this works. It's supposed to help the regulation of glucose, but how do you know if it's doing a little good compared to no good? I didn't notice anything, nor do I take it now.

It is a cofactor, and just like any other cofactor there are no known health or performance benefits from consuming more than optimum amounts. You only have so many enzymes that serve a particular function. If all those enzymes have their cofactor, than there is no benefit to having more. Vanadyl Sulfate is a trace mineral because quantities in the body are extremely low and because there are no known human deficiencies. The scientific community is struggling to discover if Vanadium is essential without any luck. From what I gather, the performance enhancing claims are purely hypothetical at this point.

Last edited:
My 2 cents...I use it and feel it works well as a glucose disposal agent.

How much do you use though. I've looked for it and it's sold in such small quantities that it seems to me that you would have to take like 20 caps a day of this stuff to make any use out of it.

Jodi said:
How much do you use though. I've looked for it and it's sold in such small quantities that it seems to me that you would have to take like 20 caps a day of this stuff to make any use out of it.

Usually about 7.5 to 10 mg per carb containing meal. Post workout perhaps double this amount.

Total for day is probably about 40-60 mg.

gopro said:
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but this is extremely high for a trace mineral.

Last time I checked, the RDA was 1.8 mg/day.

PirateFromHell said:
Everything I've read has been from bodybuilding websites; perhaps it's 50-70 where the assumed benefits are found.

I use it with my PWS

gopro said:
Good enough for me!

PirateFromHell said:
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but this is extremely high for a trace mineral.

I will always cycle it for 8 weeks on and then take 4 weeks off.

gopro said:
How can a person tell if a supplement works well in this way? I recently started taking ALA, and I'm trying to determine how well it helps in that regard.

gopro said:

So do you feel the kidney toxicity claims are overhyped or flat out BS?

PirateFromHell said:

There used to not even be a USRDA for it.

PirateFromHell said:
How can a person tell if a supplement works well in this way? I recently started taking ALA, and I'm trying to determine how well it helps in that regard.

ALA or R-ALA? The Glucorell R guys claim they are the only sticklers when it comes to R-ALA quality.

Mudge said:

Way overhyped!

PirateFromHell said:

Increased vascularity...enhanced pumps in the gym...more muscle fullness. I think its easier to see/feel the effects if you are relatively lean than if you are bulked up.

IML Gear Cream!
Mudge said:
There used to not even be a USRDA for it.
There is now, but I don't think they know enough to be precise.

ALA or R-ALA?
ALA. I'm taking 300 mg two to three times daily. Always with my preworkout meal and postworkout shake. Sometimes with last meal, too.

Must be over hyped if gopro eats 30 times the RDA without problems.

Think I'll give it a shot. :thumb:

Back